Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jbl 4307

Jbl 4307

Hi

I like the look of these speakers and the specifications, nice old school feel to them. Name:  JBL4307.jpg
Views: 18481
Size:  27.1 KB

There doesn't appear to be any reviews on the internet for these, which is surprising; well I couldn't find any reviews on Google.

Has anyone heard these speakers / give an indication of how they sound / match up with speakers of similar size from other brands?

Mctwins
    Hallo

Well, I haven't heard these speakers you are mention but I have JBL4319 and I am very pleased with them. I just bought them without hearing them first. The sound is huge coming from small box speakers, and belive me, I have a large room.

There is no need for any review

Mctwins

Thanks for that, that's good to know. Just fancy a pair of speakers as back up to my TLX 14s which I have had for so long, over 20 years actually. I have never felt the need to buy any new speakers although I like the sound of certain Proac and Monitor Audio speakers. But I feel resolved to get a pair of these at some point this year .

I'm not sure, but to me they look like maybe Japan or Asian-market models. I do not think they're sold here in the States. I see a lot of cool JBLs like that on eBay, and usually they're being sold out of Japan. That might explain the dearth of reviews.

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie View Post
    Mctwins

Thanks for that, that's good to know. Just fancy a pair of speakers as back up to my TLX 14s which I have had for so long, over 20 years actually. I have never felt the need to buy any new speakers although I like the sound of certain Proac and Monitor Audio speakers. But I feel resolved to get a pair of these at some point this year .
    You could consider the 4312E, looks to be in the same price range and the 4312E is sold in pair. My twinbrother has a pair and it's a great speakers and he is using Crown XLS1500 amp. I am driving mine 4319 with McIntosh MC252 and no problem with handling these speakers to the max.

I am very curious at why in 2013, manufacturers still offer such boxy designs. There are so many ways to alter shape and make speakers pleasing to the eye while improving sound.

Name:  4307.jpg
Views: 10928
Size:  67.3 KBName:  43072.jpg
Views: 7225
Size:  62.4 KB

japan ~$760 each
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    I am very curious at why in 2013, manufacturers still offer such boxy designs. There are so many ways to alter shape and make speakers pleasing to the eye while improving sound.
    I personally prefer boxy so they continue to cater to me for some bizarre reason. I don't really like the artistic styles of some loudspeakers. I did buy a pair of Tannoy 6.4's a couple months ago. They have curved sides but aren't otherwise too goofy looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    I like this old blue front baffle look

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I personally prefer boxy so they continue to cater to me for some bizarre reason. I don't really like the artistic styles of some loudspeakers.
    I'll drink to that.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Zonker92 View Post
    I'm not sure, but to me they look like maybe Japan or Asian-market models. I do not think they're sold here in the States. I see a lot of cool JBLs like that on eBay, and usually they're being sold out of Japan. That might explain the dearth of reviews.
    They are sold in Europe and Britain and via JBL's website

Name:  jbl 4307.jpg
Views: 8617
Size:  93.7 KB

I decided that I would get a pair of these but then had a revelation, I never took any notice because I don't expect it to be sold like that. The speakers are £849 EACH, £1800 for a pair more or less. All other speakers on their website are sold in pairs, I have no idea why this particular make is sold individually. And, in this case does it mean that left and right channels are not an issue? I suppose £1800 may be realistic but I've had to rethink especially regarding the left channel right channel scenario, if you guys have an opinion it will be welcome.

Is that $2900 us for the pair?
    SB

According to google (just type "1800 gbp in usd"):

1800 British pounds =
    2 896.56 U.S. dollars

Mctwins
    Hallo!

For studio monitors, the 4312E is sold in pair, the rest is sold in each. If my memory is correct.

I still would choose 4312E instead of 4307.

Thread Information