Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: in memory of Rolf.

Hello, Rune,

I am totally shocked at this news!! Rolf and I had been talking a bit, about tons of interesting subjects, and my wife and I had a fine day with him before the big JBL event at TD's place. Rolf had asked me to send him an American flag, and I had gotten a nice one for him, and have been trying to reach him. Now, I know why he has not returned my emails. Though I do not have a flag pole tall enough to fly the particular flag Rolf asked me to buy for him, I wish I did!! We would fly that flag at half mast in honor of dear Rolf!! His heart was huge, and he as a good friend!! SB and I will miss him, and will always remember our day together last Summer. May God bless our Rolf, and grant him peace, comfort, and rest. Thank you, again, for sharing this news. My wife will be stunned to hear it.....

Sadly and with sincere condolences,
    Mark and Cynthia (Doc Mark and Sweet Bride)
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Rolf gave me his grandfather's smoking jacket as a token of gratitude when he came to the US last September. When I took him to the Whale and Ale in San Pedro, he flirted with the waitress to the point where I had to calm him down a bit. He took a picture of Sally and me at the pub, since she wouldn't take one with him. (Not sure where the picture got to.) At the same time, he asked if someday I'd take a picture in the pub with the smoking jacket on, and I said I would. So today was the day. Unfortunately, Sally was sick, so it's just me.

Anyway...

Cheers, Rolf!
    Hi, TD, and All,

Great photo, Doug! Cynthia and I took Rolf to the Whale and Ale on the day and night we hosted him, and then, too, he flirted heavily with our waitress, even going back to look at her when she was at the bar in the back! Needless to say, I think Rolf was very lonely for feminine companionship, after his wife passed away. But, reading your comments about him when you took him to the same place, really got a smile from both Cynthia and I!! Cheers, indeed!!

Rolf and I at Bubba Gumps Restaurant, in Long Beach. I learned that Rolf could certainly drink more beer than I could, that day!!

Name:  DSCN3752.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  87.7 KB

RIP, Rolf, and know that your visit to the US left a nice impression on quite a few JBL folks! God Bless!

In remembrance,
    Mark
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information