Thread: The 'Scalping' just keeps getting worse...

The 'Scalping' just keeps getting worse...

It appears he's selling the subwoofer separately from the main listing, and at this price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-JB...item19db259d7a

...how long before we see Control 1's going for $900 a pair...

No affiliation

You'll never see these go for even $2K.

I know, it's just insane...and he says it's rare. These come up quite frequently. I'll grant him that it looks in good condition, but really, $5k

Maybe it's just me being selfish and I'm getting pissed off that the bargains are disappearing. With these crazy listings on eBay and elsewhere, its harder to find stuff because people are quoting them. "Well I saw one for sale on eBay for 'x' dollars so it must be worth at least that..." Er no, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCoat23 View Post
    "Well I saw one for sale on eBay for 'x' dollars so it must be worth at least that..." Er no, it isn't.
    At that point, I tell them "Put it on eBay then , start up a PP account, go have some boxes made , deal with the flakes/scammers , take them down to FEDEX or the PO , and then hope it all doesn't go South"

they usually get more reasonable at that point.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I sold a system like this not too long ago to a man in Dallas. This appears to be the same system.
    Between the work done by the previous owner and myself all of the major functional flaws were addressed.
    Everything should last many years including the ultrabass lytics.

It could be interesting to see what these sell for, then again it may be like watching a crop of rocks grow.

It's not scalping. Anyone is free to buy and sell at whatever price they agree to. Let the market take care of it. If no one wants them at that price, they either sit or come down in price. Who cares what someone asks for their items. It's the guys opinion who is buying that we are interested in.

Obsolete
    Real JBL's are probably only going to increase in worth.

Five grand is alot of money for these though. That's getting up into used K2-S9900 territory.

I'm hoping to buy a pair of L300's someday but the price seems to just keep going up, as evidenced by this very nice pair that recently went on eBay for $5500:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L300-Fan...vip=true&rt=nc

As frustrating as it can be sometimes, I agree that the market itself will determine value. Last year I won an auction for some very nice L150A's, from the seller of the L300's. He does a great job on his listings (plus my L150As arrived professionally packaged, and in excellent condition as described) so he deserves top dollar. Those who sell an inferior quality product, or ask too much, or who lazily throw together an ad without much effort, deserve less.

I agree that it is all getting a bit crazy. How about $1225.00 for the original L100 Centuries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251268322426...84.m1423.l2649

I really like my pair and they are in the same or better condition then the ones on eBay though I would never pay $1200 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rlovison View Post
    I agree that it is all getting a bit crazy. How about $1225.00 for the original L100 Centuries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251268322426...84.m1423.l2649

I really like my pair and they are in the same or better condition then the ones on eBay though I would never pay $1200 for them.

Those are the first-gen L100's with the inline drivers; they tend to sell for a bit more.

But still...20 bidders, 32 bids! I'm the original owner of four Centurys, all in near-mint condition and am in the process of restoring the grilles with new quadrex foam. The way the market's going maybe I should start looking at them as an investment.

Thread Information