Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: JBL pro box for HT central channel

  1. #1
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488

    JBL pro box for HT central channel

    Hi,dear fellows,i'm looking for a central chanel spearker for my HT setup recently,and i like pro box very much.
    Can anyboby here tell me what diference between 4722.4716.4726A.4728AP.I710P?
    Which one is more suitable for home use?for example, more clear more deep voice and softly for 25 square meters living room ?
    Any other good suggestions?such as 4612.4604?
    Thank you
    Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    46 lover

  2. #2
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    more...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    46 lover

  3. #3
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    The question is so difficult?and no one can answer this question?
    46 lover

  4. #4
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NoVA - DC 'burbs
    Posts
    8,346
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    The question is so difficult?and no one can answer this question?
    Maybe its not that they can't -
    perhaps they have a life and other things that are so much more important going on.

    Do YOU have a life Martin?
    2ch: Oppo, Acurus RL-11, JBL 240ti, Heath AS101, Carver TFM-25,Von Schweikert VR4
    7: Oppo BDP103D, B&K, UREI 809A, JBL B460,

  5. #5
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Maybe its not that they can't -
    perhaps they have a life and other things that are so much more important going on.

    Do YOU have a life Martin?
    Of course i have,but my most favrite thing is HIFI
    46 lover

  6. #6
    Senior Member JuniorJBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,702
    You asked the question when most people here in the US were sleeping!
    Always fun learning more.......

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lee in Montreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    2,495
    BTW The three reference numbers have most likely similar electronics and only differ in they applications. A bevelled box for stage feedback, a stand alone cabinet, and perhaps one with a fixture for a pod. Will they sound good as a center channel? The only way to know is to buy one and test it. That's exactly what DIY is about ;-)

    Lee

  8. #8
    Senior Member gferrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Styx , NC
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    BTW The three reference numbers have most likely similar electronics and only differ in they applications. A bevelled box for stage feedback, a stand alone cabinet, and perhaps one with a fixture for a pod. Will they sound good as a center channel? The only way to know is to buy one and test it. That's exactly what DIY is about ;-)

    Lee

    Central channel, maybe he is trying to have a really good sound bar.
    XPL 200's, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

  9. #9
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    You asked the question when most people here in the US were sleeping!
    But they are awake now
    46 lover

  10. #10
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    BTW The three reference numbers have most likely similar electronics and only differ in they applications. A bevelled box for stage feedback, a stand alone cabinet, and perhaps one with a fixture for a pod. Will they sound good as a center channel? The only way to know is to buy one and test it. That's exactly what DIY is about ;-)

    Lee
    Thanks for your reply.
    I saw 4628AP is used in somebody home theater,and he said the 4628AP is very impressive.so i have an idea to apply it.but someone said it will too harsh,too loud in the living room.
    46 lover

  11. #11
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by gferrell View Post
    Central channel, maybe he is trying to have a really good sound bar.
    Sound bar?what's that?
    I have no bar in my living room
    46 lover

  12. #12
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    Does anyone here have any such experience?
    46 lover

  13. #13
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NoVA - DC 'burbs
    Posts
    8,346
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Sound bar?what's that?
    I have no bar in my living room
    Soundbar is something for home theatre use ...

    many manufacturers make them, like Yamaha


    http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YAS-101.../dp/B005IVUWHW
    2ch: Oppo, Acurus RL-11, JBL 240ti, Heath AS101, Carver TFM-25,Von Schweikert VR4
    7: Oppo BDP103D, B&K, UREI 809A, JBL B460,

  14. #14
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Soundbar is something for home theatre use ...

    many manufacturers make them, like Yamaha


    http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YAS-101.../dp/B005IVUWHW
    Oh you call that sound bar
    I konw this,sound bar usually used to simulate surround sound
    46 lover

  15. #15
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Haugesund, Norway
    Posts
    809
    What you should start with is what kind of main speakers you have. The center should be as similar as possible to them, that's more important than what is "best". I've had 4730A and really liked them as mainspeakers, they sounded real good, 4726 also seems like a fun speaker

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. DIY central based on L96 components ?
    By tofkitaff in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 08:13 AM
  2. JBL LE 5-2 driver dust central cup
    By AlexanderS in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 07:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •