Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Annual Lansing Heritage Awards

Exclamation Reservations close May 20

If you're still contemplating attending, you need to decide this weekend. I cannot accept any more reservations after Monday, May 20.

Next week I'll be sending out the final update to the attendees and honorees, including more info on places to stay and things to do. We're all looking forward to a splendid time again.

For those who arrive in the area on Friday night, June 7, we can gather at the local British pub for late Friday Happy Hour (10 PM to Midnight) to do a little socializing and to welcome you to the area.

Three weeks to go!
    Out.

I think its funny how those guys from jbl like Greg Timbers are like rock stars to use on here. To them there are just doing there job. I beat there kind of taken back by the attention. Or are they just use to it by now?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    I think its funny how those guys from jbl like Greg Timbers are like rock stars to use on here. To them there are just doing there job. I beat there kind of taken back by the attention.
    Yes.
    Or are they just use to it by now?
    No, but they will probably adapt. I've noticed a change since the first one last year. It has gone from "kind of creepy" to "acceptable". The initial reaction was "not interested". I had to do some reassuring. People can change their perspective as new data becomes available. Heck, even I was a bit leery, but I figured if anyone could be a great host it would be Dome. Evidently I was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yes.No, but they will probably adapt. I've noticed a change since the first one last year. It has gone from "kind of creepy" to "acceptable". The initial reaction was "not interested". I had to do some reassuring. People can change their perspective as new data becomes available. Heck, even I was a bit leery, but I figured if anyone could be a great host it would be Dome. Evidently I was correct.

Well These guys basically carried Jim's legacy one. They did some amazing things. I know to some people this stuff is small potatos. But it is the little things that matter after all. Im sure they feel a little sad though, for the way things have changed.

It would be pretty cool to meet some of them though. Im only 34 years old. Its sad to think that the best that America has to offer is wanning. I know there al exceptions to that. But they are exceptions.

Sorry for getting a little off topic there.

Nick

Obsolete
    They did some amazing things.
    I think so too. And I think this is a great way to add a more personal aspect to it. It is more than simply doing a job and getting a paycheck. These guys have a group of people that sincerely appreciate their efforts on a personal level. It isn't merely a product/consumer relationship. There is an emotional investment as well.

I think so too. And I think this is a great way to add a more personal aspect to it. It is more than simply doing a job and getting a paycheck. These guys have a group of people that sincerely appreciate their efforts on a personal level. It isn't merely a product/consumer relationship. There is an emotional investment as well.
    +1 to that!
    Always fun learning more.......

They did some amazing things.
    Yes they did. I wish I could go. It sure would be nice to have the oportunity to personally thank them for the lifetime of enjoyment I have had from the fruits of their labor. May sound silly to some people but I have spent countless hours listening to music through my JBL's. I have a pair of 4208's with a subwoofer playing right now as I type this at work on lunch.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Damn straight. Couldnt have said it better myself. They deserver the praise. But you know Guys like that dont usually want it. They just do it because its what they love the work.

At least I would if it were me.

It would be pretty cool to meet some of them though. Im only 34 years old.

Nick
    Then you better do it fast. It's about 1,546 miles to LA from Houston, and it takes less than 22 hours, including five pit stops. Plus you gain two hours on the clock, so leave Houston at 6 PM Friday and arrive in LA around Noon on Saturday with time for a nap. Shoot, 34 years old? Piece of cake.
    Out.

And bring that other Huston old guy (who never writes, and never calls) Rudy with you, and plan on a stop in Vegas on the way home so you can go home with a pair of 2360's and he can go home with a couple of pallets of JBL for him.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    And bring that other Huston old guy (who never writes, and never calls) Rudy with you, and plan on a stop in Vegas on the way home so you can go home with a pair of 2360's and he can go home with a couple of pallets of JBL for him.
    Well that sounds like fun!
    Always fun learning more.......

Road trip

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Road trip

Seriously, you and Rudy could trade off driving. He wanted to come last year.

Now it's becoming too easy. Rudy could probably drive the whole thing while you slept in the back seat.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Seriously, you and Rudy could trade off driving. He wanted to come last year.

Now it's becoming too easy. Rudy could probably drive the whole thing while you slept in the back seat.
    Not sure but I'm betting Astro his great Dane would be in the back seat.

Final Info

If you thought you registered for the event but did not receive the final information blast yesterday, let me know. I either missed you, or I don't know you're coming.

We're about two weeks out, and everything's coming together well. Our recipients are excited, the weather looks to be much cooler than last year, and there's more to do this year!

See you soon!
    Out.

Thread Information