Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68

Thread: Second Annual Lansing Heritage Awards

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Central Coast California
    Posts
    9,019

    Exclamation Reservations close May 20

    If you're still contemplating attending, you need to decide this weekend. I cannot accept any more reservations after Monday, May 20.

    Next week I'll be sending out the final update to the attendees and honorees, including more info on places to stay and things to do. We're all looking forward to a splendid time again.

    For those who arrive in the area on Friday night, June 7, we can gather at the local British pub for late Friday Happy Hour (10 PM to Midnight) to do a little socializing and to welcome you to the area.

    Three weeks to go!
    Out.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    760
    I think its funny how those guys from jbl like Greg Timbers are like rock stars to use on here. To them there are just doing there job. I beat there kind of taken back by the attention. Or are they just use to it by now?

  3. #18
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,548
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    I think its funny how those guys from jbl like Greg Timbers are like rock stars to use on here. To them there are just doing there job. I beat there kind of taken back by the attention.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    Or are they just use to it by now?
    No, but they will probably adapt. I've noticed a change since the first one last year. It has gone from "kind of creepy" to "acceptable". The initial reaction was "not interested". I had to do some reassuring. People can change their perspective as new data becomes available. Heck, even I was a bit leery, but I figured if anyone could be a great host it would be Dome. Evidently I was correct.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yes.No, but they will probably adapt. I've noticed a change since the first one last year. It has gone from "kind of creepy" to "acceptable". The initial reaction was "not interested". I had to do some reassuring. People can change their perspective as new data becomes available. Heck, even I was a bit leery, but I figured if anyone could be a great host it would be Dome. Evidently I was correct.

    Well These guys basically carried Jim's legacy one. They did some amazing things. I know to some people this stuff is small potatos. But it is the little things that matter after all. Im sure they feel a little sad though, for the way things have changed.

    It would be pretty cool to meet some of them though. Im only 34 years old. Its sad to think that the best that America has to offer is wanning. I know there al exceptions to that. But they are exceptions.

    Sorry for getting a little off topic there.


    Nick

  5. #20
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,548
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    They did some amazing things.
    I think so too. And I think this is a great way to add a more personal aspect to it. It is more than simply doing a job and getting a paycheck. These guys have a group of people that sincerely appreciate their efforts on a personal level. It isn't merely a product/consumer relationship. There is an emotional investment as well.

  6. #21
    Senior Member JuniorJBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I think so too. And I think this is a great way to add a more personal aspect to it. It is more than simply doing a job and getting a paycheck. These guys have a group of people that sincerely appreciate their efforts on a personal level. It isn't merely a product/consumer relationship. There is an emotional investment as well.
    +1 to that!
    Always fun learning more.......

  7. #22
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rocinante
    Posts
    7,984
    They did some amazing things.
    Yes they did. I wish I could go. It sure would be nice to have the oportunity to personally thank them for the lifetime of enjoyment I have had from the fruits of their labor. May sound silly to some people but I have spent countless hours listening to music through my JBL's. I have a pair of 4208's with a subwoofer playing right now as I type this at work on lunch.

    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I think so too. And I think this is a great way to add a more personal aspect to it. It is more than simply doing a job and getting a paycheck. These guys have a group of people that sincerely appreciate their efforts on a personal level. It isn't merely a product/consumer relationship. There is an emotional investment as well.

    Damn straight. Couldnt have said it better myself. They deserver the praise. But you know Guys like that dont usually want it. They just do it because its what they love the work.


    At least I would if it were me.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Central Coast California
    Posts
    9,019
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post

    It would be pretty cool to meet some of them though. Im only 34 years old.


    Nick
    Then you better do it fast. It's about 1,546 miles to LA from Houston, and it takes less than 22 hours, including five pit stops. Plus you gain two hours on the clock, so leave Houston at 6 PM Friday and arrive in LA around Noon on Saturday with time for a nap. Shoot, 34 years old? Piece of cake.
    Out.

  10. #25
    Senior Member 1audiohack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    2,701
    And bring that other Huston old guy (who never writes, and never calls) Rudy with you, and plan on a stop in Vegas on the way home so you can go home with a pair of 2360's and he can go home with a couple of pallets of JBL for him.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

  11. #26
    Senior Member JuniorJBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    And bring that other Huston old guy (who never writes, and never calls) Rudy with you, and plan on a stop in Vegas on the way home so you can go home with a pair of 2360's and he can go home with a couple of pallets of JBL for him.
    Well that sounds like fun!
    Always fun learning more.......

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    760
    Road trip

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Central Coast California
    Posts
    9,019
    Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    And bring that other Huston old guy (who never writes, and never calls) Rudy with you, and plan on a stop in Vegas on the way home so you can go home with a pair of 2360's and he can go home with a couple of pallets of JBL for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    Road trip

    Seriously, you and Rudy could trade off driving. He wanted to come last year.

    Now it's becoming too easy. Rudy could probably drive the whole thing while you slept in the back seat.
    Out.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Seriously, you and Rudy could trade off driving. He wanted to come last year.

    Now it's becoming too easy. Rudy could probably drive the whole thing while you slept in the back seat.
    Not sure but I'm betting Astro his great Dane would be in the back seat.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Central Coast California
    Posts
    9,019

    Final Info

    If you thought you registered for the event but did not receive the final information blast yesterday, let me know. I either missed you, or I don't know you're coming.

    We're about two weeks out, and everything's coming together well. Our recipients are excited, the weather looks to be much cooler than last year, and there's more to do this year!

    See you soon!
    Out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lansing Annual Forums Awards
    By Ian Mackenzie in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-05-2018, 10:07 PM
  2. Hello, Lansing Heritage members!
    By Jailtime in forum Forum Announcements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 10:42 AM
  3. Lansing Annual Forums Awards
    By Ian Mackenzie in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 04:31 PM
  4. Thanks Lansing Heritage
    By Anton in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 12:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •