Thread: 2445J with 2311 Horn

2445J with 2311 Horn

Last weekend I have done some measurements of two 2445J drivers with 2311 Horn, but WITHOUT 2308 Lenses.
    I am very pleased about the drivers responses and characteristics repeatability reaching almost 20kHz, without any equalization.

Regards
    Ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello Ivica,

I'm glad to see that after your previous unsuccesful experience with those drivers (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...6-frq-response ) you've managed to achieve the results you expected.

Did you ultimately buy another set of 2445, or did you tweak/modify the copycat 2445 discussed in the earlier thread, as you intended to ?
    What diaphragm are you using on the present 2445 and have you done measurements with other horns?

I'm asking because I will soon receive a pair of 2445 bought in an on-line auction, with blown dias. I will repair them with original 2445 dias which I happen to have among my own NOS stuff. I intend to experiment a little in home HIFI with those "door stopers", on 2380 horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Elac310 View Post
    Hello Ivica, I'm glad to see that after your previous unsuccesful experience with those drivers (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...6-frq-response ) you've managed to achieve the results you expected. Did you ultimately buy another set of 2445, or did you tweak/modify the copycat 2445 discussed in the earlier thread, as you intended to ? What diaphragm are you using on the present 2445 and have you done measurements with other horns? I'm asking because I will soon receive a pair of 2445 bought in an on-line auction, with blown dias. I will repair them with original 2445 dias which I happen to have among my own NOS stuff. I intend to experiment a little in home HIFI with those "door stopers", on 2380 horns.
    Hi Elac310,

Unfortunately the presented 2445 responses have been done with an other pair of 2445. The fake "2445" were finished as 'door stopper'. Unfortunately their phase plugs were wrong, and making the new ones would need precise CNC machine ( I do not have). The measured 2445J drivers have original JBL 16-ohms diaphragms ( Ti-not ribbed).

I have beet measured 2445 with 2311 horn, and with my own project-horn inspired by H66000 horn but not so wide as H66000 ( which is almost 90cm wide). Mine is 60cm wide, with horizontal dispersion +/-30degs off axis in horizontal plane with 244x 2" divers, and +/-45 degs with 1.5"drives. Here on the forum some of the members said that 244x divers with 2380 horns were not so nice to listen to from the HiFi 'point of view'.

Here are measurements 2445 with TI-not Ribbed diaphragm, and with Be (Truextent) with my horn ( I call it JAN45-2 horn in the honor of our forum member Jan Daugaard
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...8-Jan-Daugaard , who has given me unselfish support in order to calculate my horn, and from whom I have learned lot. )

Regards Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post

I have beet measured 2445 with 2311 horn, and with my own project-horn inspired by H66000 horn but not so wide as H66000 ( which is almost 90cm wide). Mine is 60cm wide, with horizontal dispersion +/-30degs off axis in horizontal plane with 244x 2" divers, and +/-45 degs with 1.5"drives. Here on the forum some of the members said that 244x divers with 2380 horns were not so nice to listen to from the HiFi 'point of view'.

Here are measurements 2445 with TI-not Ribbed diaphragm, and with Be (Truextent) with my horn ( I call it JAN45-2 horn in the honor of our forum member Jan Daugaard
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...8-Jan-Daugaard , who has given me unselfish support in order to calculate my horn, and from whom I have learned lot. )

Regards Ivica
    just for the reference JBL 2450 (2-inch) driver with D16R2445 ( Ti-NoRIB diaphragm )
    measured with JAN45-2 horn and with horn-lenses combo 2311+2308

Regards
    Ivica

Thread Information