Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harman Kardon Citation XX Amp and X-II Preamp for sale!

Harman Kardon Citation XX Amp and X-II Preamp for sale!

I have an HK Citation XX amp and matching X-II preamp available. The amp needs some work. Both are in excellent cosmetic condition. Here are a couple of pictures. Let me know if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

To: Fabrice11

I tried to respond to your message but I got an error message stating you could not receive "Private Messages". Please message me your email address and I will respond to your questions. Ray

Very nice AMP!
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

Hi Ray,

Last time we spoke you were going to get the amp checked out locally by a tech near you. Did that happen and if so what was the word? I don't know if all the prospective buyers are the same as me, but given the rarity of this unit and the "word on the street" that is has some unobtainable parts, I know I'd want to know what the operating status is before I purchased it.

We also have some tech wizards here among us and maybe for someone like that, this might be the opportunity of a lifetime to get a XX for a sweet price because it needs some work.

Good luck with the sale - I'm still interested if you can show it's been gone over by someone....

jblnut

Hi JBL, I have not had the time to take it in so I'm trying to sell it "as is". HK sent me a list of service centers that can work on it and I have come across several Vintage Audio Refurbishers and service companies that claim to be able to work on it. I just don't have time time myself. You're right, this is a great opportunity for someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    Hi Ray,

Last time we spoke you were going to get the amp checked out locally by a tech near you. Did that happen and if so what was the word? I don't know if all the prospective buyers are the same as me, but given the rarity of this unit and the "word on the street" that is has some unobtainable parts, I know I'd want to know what the operating status is before I purchased it.

We also have some tech wizards here among us and maybe for someone like that, this might be the opportunity of a lifetime to get a XX for a sweet price because it needs some work.

Good luck with the sale - I'm still interested if you can show it's been gone over by someone....

jblnut

Hi, could you email me a price and we could talk, i am interested if you would be able to package them for shipping?
    Thanks Matt

Pictures

Name:  P1200219.jpg
Views: 11643
Size:  107.5 KBName:  P1200214.jpg
Views: 12040
Size:  73.8 KBName:  P1200213.jpg
Views: 16942
Size:  102.6 KBName:  P1200209.jpg
Views: 18142
Size:  88.9 KB

More Pics

Name:  P1200216.jpg
Views: 10498
Size:  118.1 KBName:  P1200217.jpg
Views: 11588
Size:  111.4 KB

What are you looking to get for it?

Nick

Looking to Sell NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Techray View Post
    I have an HK Citation XX amp and matching X-II preamp available. The amp needs some work. Both are in excellent cosmetic condition. Here are a couple of pictures. Let me know if you are interested.
    I am seeking offers on these 2 great HK products. Prefer to sell as a pair but will consider all offers. Will only ship to U.S. address.

Can you tell us what is wrong with the XX and why it needs service ? You pop up here once a year to try and sell these then disappear again. You need to type more than a few words if you want bites on this very expensive gear that may have broken and unobtainable parts.

jblnut

Do you have any idea if the HK XX is a Class A Biased amplifier?

I'm guessing because of the massive heat sinks, it probably is, but I could not find any info to substantiate this. Anyone? thanks, Paul
    JBL 4343, JBL L300 Summit, UREI 811, JBL 4311, JBL 4301, JBL L5, JBL L50, JBL L100 , to name a few

Info from Google

The legendary harman/kardon Citation XX power amplifier is perhaps the best sounding amp ever made. It was designed by world famous Dr. Matti Otala, who discovered and resolved Transient Intermodulation Distortion in 1970. The Citation XX was an at-any-cost project, and is the crowning achievement in amplification's sound quality.

xxspecs.pdf

Citation XX and X-II have been SOLD.

Thank you for your interest.

Thread Information