Im building a pair of jbl 4520 bass horns. This will be my second speaker project and my first from the ground up build. Im not too versed in carpentry so Im taking my time. Im also only using mdf since nice plywood is expensive. Plus since im not to good at carpentry Im going to trash some wood. Ill feel better about trashing cheaper mdf this some high dollar plywood. I should be done with the first horn soon. All depend on how much energy I have left after work at night. I finished the frame for the first horn. Drew out the plans on the inside of one of the sides then transfered it to the other side by drilling hole through it at verious points. I had the other side clamped underneath that side. Then I just played connect the dots.

I used one side for painting a chassis so thats why theres the black spot on it. These will either be painted or maybe veneered. Havent thought that far ahead. I have a pair of gpa 416-8b driver that Im going to try in them first. But Im not setteld on that yet. I only decided to build the 4520 for the longer horn path. I really didnt need 2 woofers. I might just center the woofers in them and just us one.

Ya I know crappy cellphone camera.

Name:  2013-03-02 15.07.41.jpg
Views: 5917
Size:  76.8 KBName:  2013-03-03 19.07.58.jpg
Views: 5302
Size:  57.9 KB

Nick