Hello,
I've read about every thread on this site about Sovereigns and Olympus and could use your further insight.

I have purchased a beautiful pair of original owner S7R C60 Sovereigns (cabinet is Sovereign, not Sovereign 1). Consecutive serial numbers on the C60 cabinets. Original envelope pouches on the rear indicate Model # D60S7RP. The seller is in his 60s' and swears he purchased these brand new with the 075 bullet ring radiator and the N7000 crossover right off the JBL dealer floor. So they look just like an S8R (except inside are LE85 not 375).

In all the literature I can find, this seems to be a contradiction and not an option. S7 was 2 way; add passive for R. S8 was 3 way; add passive for R.

These speakers have both the LX5 crossover and the N7000, in the correct factory location, with correct hardware, etc, and do not look like add ons. They have LE15A woofers; PR15, LE85 and HL91, and 075 bullet ring radiator.

I got all the original manuals, etc, but no original sales invoice or paperwork. On the pouches, there are 3 serial numbers; on one speaker, cabinet #10824 - 15957, 15952, 18313. These have been matched to the components for LE15A, LE85, and LX5. Other speaker also matches and the serial numbers are all very close in sequence. I will also add that that the serial numbers for the the pair of N7000 crossovers are consecutive/matched and the 075s are very closely numbered too.

On other S8Rs, I've seen the same envelope pouch and it listed 5 serial numbers - assume this adds for the N7000 and the 075?

I noted in a post on this forum, maybe from Zilch, owning a pair of S7s with the 075 option or add on? Was this factory and available?

Can anyone tell from the model number
D60S7RP anything further? Original owner speculates D should mean something and that R = Ring radiator; P = Passive Radiator, what do you think?

Anything you experts can do to shed insight would be appreciated. I love investigating the history on stuff like this, do often with vintage cars. I just bought these and they sound great, cabinets are excellent, grilles near perfect, and with some light detailing, will be preserved and enjoyed for many years to come. They are pretty much unmolested and kept well for 40 years. He bought them new in '73. Thanks in advance for your assistance!