Despite my enjoyment of JBL's, I've always really preferred headphones (Cans to our Euro friends) ...

In my military days I bought a pair of Pioneer SE-50's ....big white closed backs with volume and tones controls for each ear . had the various Koss's too. At one point there were so many around here that I started liquidating ..sold 12-13 pairs on the bay ...lots of Senns and AKG's. The ones that I should not have sold were a pair of Fostex's.

Started re-accumulating after that and pretty much limited to Sennheiser and AKG. Bought only the second pair that were brand new ...Senn HD-580's and haven't needed any more than those. lately tho I've been finding lots of new (to me) hphones and discovering some old ones that I'd forgotten ... some nice little Senn HD 400's that I use on the computer , some Senn HDR 120's and HDR 130's (both wireless) , big circum HD 570's , noise cancelling PCX-150's (my first exposure to neo magnets) . 2 pairs of AKG K-55's this month. I like everyone of them, but for different reasons.

Yesterday I grabbed some Senn HD-25-1 mk2's ....neo also. People seem to toss out phones when the ear pads wear out or get flaky, and that was the case on the HD-25's ...I keep lots of extra pads around just for that case. So got the 25's re-padded and ran them thru the pod last night. gotta say that Senns just keep getting better and better.
I looked up the 25's and they seem to have quite a following ==>> http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD2.../dp/B000TDZOXG . They don't have much of a "bling factor" , but the music is what is important for me ....the 25 kind of reminds me of the old 4410's , very accurate and not bass heavy. They are "over ear" , which I generally don't like, but they are comfortable and sure do block out external noise. I think they are keepers.

So does anyone else share my affection of 'phones/cans ? what are some of the forumites favorite brands / models ? ....have any of you used the HD-25-1 mk2's ? and if so, what are your thoughts ?

oh yeah, you don't normally associate Sennheiser with Ireland, but the 580's and 25's were produced there.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...Fe1_QgodmRMAJg