Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4412 power handling.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    get some pro gear with some 4645c's and turn it up. 12" home woofers are not for you.
    The other side of the coin though, is that I'm operating in a bedroom that is approx 10' x 12'. Obviously the speakers aren't having to work as hard as they would if they were in a big living room with tall ceilings or something. 4 JBL 12" woofers (6 now!) have never really had much problems filling my tiny room with bass.

The 4412 speakers are lovely. Not so much as even a minor dent in any of the dust caps. No grills however. With speakers this beautiful, I can live without grills

I'm going to get them on their sides once I make a spacer to even out the height between my L150s and my L100ts, to give them an even-level surface to sit on their sides.

I really should not have imparted my views on your hearing.

Carry on.
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    Well human hearing is not equally sensitive across the entire frequency range.

The frequencies that human hearing is most sensitive to correspond nicely with the frequencies that I tend to EQ away. I like bass.

The other side of the coin though, is that I'm operating in a bedroom that is approx 10' x 12'. Obviously the speakers aren't having to work as hard as they would if they were in a big living room with tall ceilings or something. 4 JBL 12" woofers (6 now!) have never really had much problems filling my tiny room with bass.

The 4412 speakers are lovely. Not so much as even a minor dent in any of the dust caps. No grills however. With speakers this beautiful, I can live without grills

I'm going to get them on their sides once I make a spacer to even out the height between my L150s and my L100ts, to give them an even-level surface to sit on their sides.
    Chris, your surround on the 4412 sure looks bad. If that is a hole then the bass response is compromised to a large extent. (Edit: nevermind, seems you are aware of the problem per your separate posting]

Your comment on high sensitivity of hearing vs high sound pressure levels does not really make sense.
    David F
    San Jose

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Chris, your surround on the 4412 sure looks bad. If that is a hole then the bass response is compromised to a large extent.
    Yeah I'm not going to play them until I refoam them. I just have a few minor details to work out first: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...-cone-diameter

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Your comment on high sensitivity of hearing vs high sound pressure levels does not really make sense.
    I've since removed most of that part of my post that you quoted, because I realized that the last thing I want to do is send this thread off into a tangent and start an argument that I don't really wish to have. If you look closer at my picture of my SPL meter, that is a peak reading, C weighted. If I had taken that measurement using A weighting I probably would not have even broken 110db, maybe not even 100db, because most of that was bass. A weighting hardly measures bass, in part because human hearing is much less sensitive to it relative to the frequencies closer to the human voice. I don't listen at 130db for extended periods, and certainly not when measured with A weighting. When I do listen loud, it's rarely for more than one song at a time. That's about all I've got to say about that.

Thread Information