Janis Ian - Breaking Silence ... great recording and some great tracks! (Walking on Sacred Ground; and; This House)

Fairfield Four - Standing in the Safety Zone - Great acapella band - somewhat like Blind Boys of Alabama but better recorded

Dwight Yokum - Beunos Noches from a Lonely Room - Try Streets of Bakersfield w/Buck Owens ... (let that mandolin tear yer head right off!)

David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive - Orpheus (w/Mark Isham on Flugelhorn ...!) or "When the Poets dreamed of Angels .."

Boz Scaggs - Dig (Thanks to you) ... There is a bass doubler at play that will push yer woofers)

King Crimson Project - A Scarcity of Miracles (the title track has a nice mix of instruments and vocals ... work it!)

Its a start ...

======================

Quote Originally Posted by Radley View Post
On most systems I work on, I tend to use acoustic music. The Ramones and AC/DC might "RAWK" but with the distorted electric guitars you might not know if you have problems or not.

Allison Krauss & Union Station had some great SACDs that I use.
Also the last track from "Sketches of Spain" by Miles Davis is astounding. I think God himself uses that one.
Martina McBride's "If I Had Your Name" is very good too, especially if there are subwoofers in the system.
Dolly Parton's "Grass Is Blue" is another keeper (Grammy winner).

Too many times I see guys using iPods for playback at demo's. Wrong on so many levels. I also kill anyone attempting to play Steely Dan.

There are some good rack mount Denon & Tascam CD players so there is really no excuse for not bring a good hi-fi source to the sites.