Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1641

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

  1. #1456
    Senior Member srm51555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post


    That would be great if someone with the BSS unit could measure the outputs of the processor with the M2 preset engaged.
    Thomas,

    The Crown dci I'm running with has a "value" BSS unit inside, if we don't get any takers with the real deal I'll take some measurements.

    Thanks,
    Scott

  2. #1457
    Senior Member pos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,546
    Scott, that would be great but does your amp have a line level output?
    It is always possible measure what is going out of the speaker level outpus, but it requires special care and equipement, and it also adds new variables.

  3. #1458
    Senior Member srm51555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Scott, that would be great but does your amp have a line level output?
    Unfortunately no.

    I can only think of two people that are using the standalone BSS units on their setup and they have not been too active lately.

    Hopefully they read this thread.

  4. #1459
    Senior Member grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,338
    May have some downtime available this week.
    Got Fuzzmeasure working again and a BLU-100 I can load up w/M2 bits.
    (don't let that preclude someone else contributing).

  5. #1460
    Senior Member pos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,546
    Great, thank you!
    If you could export the measurement as a txt or wav impulse then I should be able to compare it to the FIR used in the openDRC.

  6. #1461
    Member sebackman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    494
    Dear all,

    I can try to feed one of BSS BLU units with the original JBL M2 file and do a curve of high and low at the end of the week to back up Grumpy.

    Kind regards
    //RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

  7. #1462
    Member sebackman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    494

    DCi DSP M2 file on JBL site

    Probably old news, but I noticed that JBL has posted a M2 DCi tunings file on their web site. I wonder what differs compare to the original file?

    Kind regards
    //RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

  8. #1463
    Senior Member srm51555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
    Probably old news, but I noticed that JBL has posted a M2 DCi tunings file on their web site. I wonder what differs compare to the original file?

    Kind regards
    //RoB
    Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    ........ I found 500hz, 900hz, 1150hz, 1600hz, 2540hz, and 3250hz not on the DCi series.
    In addition to the above 27Hz and 58Hz replaced 21.5Hz and 61.5Hz respectively.

    Thanks,
    Scott

  9. #1464
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    In addition to the above 27Hz and 58Hz replaced 21.5Hz and 61.5Hz respectively.

    Thanks,
    Scott
    Interesting. So if I'm understanding you correctly the DCI tunings are incomplete?

  10. #1465
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    16
    I would also be very grateful if I could see the output of your guys' BSS units with M2 tunings.

  11. #1466
    Senior Member grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,338
    FuzzMeasure (4.1)-> MOTU Traveler(D/A)-> BLU-100 (M2 macro)-> MOTU Traveler(A/D)-> FuzzMeasure

    Name:  BLU-100_M2.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  143.4 KB

  12. #1467
    Senior Member pos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,546
    Here is a comparison of the magnitude response of the BSS measurement Grumpy send me (thanks!) and the FIR one directly derivated from the EQ settings with rePhase :

    Name:  M2 BSS vs rePhase.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  82.6 KB

    As can be seen there are some differences, especially up high, and some trends that appeared in measurements also appear here.
    The Q in the BSS appear higher than normal up high, with other defects, which is a often the case with IIR units.
    rePhase EQs are exact whereas the ones from the BSS suffer from biquad approximations.

    Of course the target response is the BSS one, as this is the one JBL wanted to achieve, and any defect or approximation in the way EQ are handled in the unit was factored in...
    I will try to adjust settings in order to approach the BSS (and hopefully Crown, which should be identical) response curve with rePhase.

    Of course if another IIR DSP unit were to be used, things would be different (not necessarily in a good way )

    Stay tuned!

  13. #1468
    Senior Member pos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,546
    Took me some time but I managed to adjust the Q and dB settings just a bit to get a good match.
    I also had to add 3 very gentle EQ points...

    Name:  M2 BSS vs rePhase MOD.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  76.8 KB

    Some modified EQ points are on the input section, so the same modification should also be applied to the LF settings (as well as other modifications, but that will have to wait for now...)
    Here are the associated rePhase settings (copy and use the "load from clipboard" functionality).
    I will try to update the google doc soon...

    Code:
    rePhase settings
    eNrtW9tu4zYQ/RVCT1tEJkjq7r5t+7AoGnT7nAQCbdO2EElUJTpX5N87JKVEltU0iwQFukvswhRn
    qDnDM0NNoIEevZW8y7dFqUTbecuLC8/zvSDyrvyZqyvfW4saVhb1zlt6tOpAsd6L9XV3qLSARowE
    YRqLTUDjWERxxjlNN8F6JbZBkOjVrey6KR4lhAw4H3sNHgOWqHklwL9zlu+L3T4//+NXTyvaI0e0
    atHwTm8K/ocp/DAcERgITkgyBnBrv3GtDoRsK64gDAFDq0J1aFtKDkMla4k+YXWnfvKGVfkNRKWQ
    tU4qTAKQ73ihZ4sUh9r6TvwFQXv0+FoVNxBb6nsVv9PGQdnseSfyVpRcWRtVURfVoVoYBSxQ943O
    h7WsO8Vrhf4E2Q0vD8JmwhnFVINERP8m2O4VpGZjmZFGOBykgZ5D7pvBrl2A12YamyHA8SBmes4i
    swnKBhNhpFcxYyLtLZPeBLFD78V3K7168mfCGX9AOBehzZkktrGIjsLZ+xDgwIYogrzVc2rEISbR
    EDqTEyHpk8JG9IzZnWSBuYsGR1JKmR2TQRwOWaHHuDfyg8UU0v7tQe32oryBeoP0o2ZyTCNsIpqw
    Iz8WpGc5sp6wPuA/2Hn6H55TgmNtJ7QHleFkiCfTj0fG+oNKZ1xjsw476b9KZ8MZvz+Y9gTiWIeO
    GWyNGOJUV/NnQZDhIGEjQaxP68s0yzCjYz2NEhxmY5P6IT6yF+M0OrKX4SweGzB7H9lLweCRPZrh
    dCQIj2+IgzDDE4PJ2KH+4T4yGGTGnmPaMe2Ydkw7ph3TjmnHtGPaMe2Ydkw7ph3Tjun/nukr39u1
    vNnnnVCqqHedaShsVrkhPfLNpW46LBICE7GzCpoOM6Mz032xEbkNxdJb2DfH+we7PgAHiJ3qGyhc
    3wLssJzqiA+gZAQavAeUTUFfQ6VjWPqBsOxV1DHoOzCjb+A3HO+UkfdsVWfuEe4U9iS98pbX12Zh
    8UrnkXYKyXYjWn1+ILPrQ1m+NNOSlFnRTPONhdPV9nS55a8uhzhVgneHVlSiVt7y0Vvdm1vNaeSK
    2wcoNvGm/b19/5P6FH6JT7QV3aHM5XYL8YZ0Mbkyyh8d9vpGtMrYhYe0OgCEpzvTS7SF5/pl3cii
    Vt0SscsaUmUn4PJiwP3y4CN6/uXhCv1shJvPPjLDFdynEZB2dYnuhd6zKioxduXJ92qpdBb/9vl3
    dM6QacNLcAcN2XlZ/yKrphWdbruiTVtY5VrXm0v49xUoARlqWjBkpKgW6la216joUHdoGtmJDVIS
    rQQqatSUfC3Qp7Lhm7M1b3RrVzbgV/HwXMIkZDlXYqLJt6WUrWn1ag6bf2r0ZmSu5TAUwIXpF5/W
    xa6UjZjUxv6leF8epy/Lhyo5lQ/Fciq3NXMqHUrnyav4voKeoEZkDtLW01NIW1bf+Pa/L7KnkLbW
    TuXhrJWh8s5gJjP7GVqeJ5imHL/SisjIB0XZ/QX0lr81Hd2Obke3o9vR7eh2dDu6Hd2Obke3o9vR
    7eh2dDu6Hd2Obkf399wTbWTJ20Ld6+aEbCvQd7xqylE/wXy3Ncjtp4Bhal/vdnKrbnmrqW/F1743
    PQjz7rDqv8SbUR598YXJRusOq+mnguz5A7/jK3Bc8UZ3VGIahkMLZFO0tlfxspnnxGh71XMHBJS3
    Rb2Rt3ZLe17X3tPfGYSZ8A==

  14. #1469
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Hi pos,

    I'll start by saying my background in signal processing is, shall we say, limited.

    You mention that biquad implementations of IIRs are often imprecise. Do FIRs not suffer from this at all? More to the point, is it safe to assume that rephase predictions will be exactly reflected at the output of an OpenDRC unit?

    By the way, thanks for making those adjustments, and thanks grumpy for helping find that out!

  15. #1470
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Took me some time but I managed to adjust the Q and dB settings just a bit to get a good match.
    I also had to add 3 very gentle EQ points...

    Name:  M2 BSS vs rePhase MOD.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  76.8 KB

    Some modified EQ points are on the input section, so the same modification should also be applied to the LF settings (as well as other modifications, but that will have to wait for now...)
    Here are the associated rePhase settings (copy and use the "load from clipboard" functionality).
    I will try to update the google doc soon...

    Code:
    rePhase settings
    eNrtW9tu4zYQ/RVCT1tEJkjq7r5t+7AoGnT7nAQCbdO2EElUJTpX5N87JKVEltU0iwQFukvswhRn
    qDnDM0NNoIEevZW8y7dFqUTbecuLC8/zvSDyrvyZqyvfW4saVhb1zlt6tOpAsd6L9XV3qLSARowE
    YRqLTUDjWERxxjlNN8F6JbZBkOjVrey6KR4lhAw4H3sNHgOWqHklwL9zlu+L3T4//+NXTyvaI0e0
    atHwTm8K/ocp/DAcERgITkgyBnBrv3GtDoRsK64gDAFDq0J1aFtKDkMla4k+YXWnfvKGVfkNRKWQ
    tU4qTAKQ73ihZ4sUh9r6TvwFQXv0+FoVNxBb6nsVv9PGQdnseSfyVpRcWRtVURfVoVoYBSxQ943O
    h7WsO8Vrhf4E2Q0vD8JmwhnFVINERP8m2O4VpGZjmZFGOBykgZ5D7pvBrl2A12YamyHA8SBmes4i
    swnKBhNhpFcxYyLtLZPeBLFD78V3K7168mfCGX9AOBehzZkktrGIjsLZ+xDgwIYogrzVc2rEISbR
    EDqTEyHpk8JG9IzZnWSBuYsGR1JKmR2TQRwOWaHHuDfyg8UU0v7tQe32oryBeoP0o2ZyTCNsIpqw
    Iz8WpGc5sp6wPuA/2Hn6H55TgmNtJ7QHleFkiCfTj0fG+oNKZ1xjsw476b9KZ8MZvz+Y9gTiWIeO
    GWyNGOJUV/NnQZDhIGEjQaxP68s0yzCjYz2NEhxmY5P6IT6yF+M0OrKX4SweGzB7H9lLweCRPZrh
    dCQIj2+IgzDDE4PJ2KH+4T4yGGTGnmPaMe2Ydkw7ph3TjmnHtGPaMe2Ydkw7ph3Tjun/nukr39u1
    vNnnnVCqqHedaShsVrkhPfLNpW46LBICE7GzCpoOM6Mz032xEbkNxdJb2DfH+we7PgAHiJ3qGyhc
    3wLssJzqiA+gZAQavAeUTUFfQ6VjWPqBsOxV1DHoOzCjb+A3HO+UkfdsVWfuEe4U9iS98pbX12Zh
    8UrnkXYKyXYjWn1+ILPrQ1m+NNOSlFnRTPONhdPV9nS55a8uhzhVgneHVlSiVt7y0Vvdm1vNaeSK
    2wcoNvGm/b19/5P6FH6JT7QV3aHM5XYL8YZ0Mbkyyh8d9vpGtMrYhYe0OgCEpzvTS7SF5/pl3cii
    Vt0SscsaUmUn4PJiwP3y4CN6/uXhCv1shJvPPjLDFdynEZB2dYnuhd6zKioxduXJ92qpdBb/9vl3
    dM6QacNLcAcN2XlZ/yKrphWdbruiTVtY5VrXm0v49xUoARlqWjBkpKgW6la216joUHdoGtmJDVIS
    rQQqatSUfC3Qp7Lhm7M1b3RrVzbgV/HwXMIkZDlXYqLJt6WUrWn1ag6bf2r0ZmSu5TAUwIXpF5/W
    xa6UjZjUxv6leF8epy/Lhyo5lQ/Fciq3NXMqHUrnyav4voKeoEZkDtLW01NIW1bf+Pa/L7KnkLbW
    TuXhrJWh8s5gJjP7GVqeJ5imHL/SisjIB0XZ/QX0lr81Hd2Obke3o9vR7eh2dDu6Hd2Obke3o9vR
    7eh2dDu6Hd2Obkf399wTbWTJ20Ld6+aEbCvQd7xqylE/wXy3Ncjtp4Bhal/vdnKrbnmrqW/F1743
    PQjz7rDqv8SbUR598YXJRusOq+mnguz5A7/jK3Bc8UZ3VGIahkMLZFO0tlfxspnnxGh71XMHBJS3
    Rb2Rt3ZLe17X3tPfGYSZ8A==
    The rephase settings above have format set to "32 bits floats mono (.txt)". I could be mistaken, but to get miniDSP to load it I think it needs to be changed to "32 bits IEEE-754 mono (.bin)".
    Adjusted settings
    Code:
    rePhase settings
    eNrtW01v4zYQ/SuCTlvEJkjqy8qxbQ4tGnR73g0E2qJtIZKoUnSy2WD/e4ek5NCyNm2QoGgDIkYs
    Pg5nhm+GGkMDPYZr8aXYVrXisg8vP30Kw0UYJeHNYubqZhFueAuSVbsLL0PS9DCx2fPNbX9oAFhj
    nFKcJjHNCXxKviZsG5WMbMsoSTZYS0vR91N7BGM82nnba/AYbPGWNRz8u6bFvtrti+vffw71hDxx
    RE8tO9brTcEnXsE/ihLtNUYZzlwDXvaFsjoQQjZMQRgiGqwr1Qe/XF1dLbMkDhrRiuADWlftD+Eo
    V9xBXCrR6jxDOAJ8xyo9Wq5QrPXv+J8QtseQbVR1B9Eli7BhX7R6mOz2rOeF5DVTVkdTtVVzaJZm
    AgTUQ6czYiPaXrFWBX8AdsfqA7e5cEEQASTB2lKG7GYBTGCYGzBB8Qhqg4SYTRMruQSX9Sg1ohFK
    R5RqfhLjP6Gu0oia9atBK7brsVlPBvvvDLz5tpiJXvoG0VvGNkWy1NKfHJl2fIggbiYqCSSqHhMD
    xwgnY7SIAfCQBDaIFxSZcR6ZVSQ6QQmh9jsb4XhMBP2dDkrwIH1G0f8dnY8poS8Iar/n9R0UmEDf
    WyanMkEmohk98WOJB5YT6wkdAv5uWf4vxPRNzilGqdYT24NKUTbGk+p7IqXDQSUzrtFZhz36t+hs
    ONPXB9OeQJTq0FFjW1uM0UoX7yMQ5SjKqAOk+rQ+DfMcUeLOkyRDce6q1DdxR1+KVsmJvhzlqavA
    7N3RtwKFJ/pIjlYOEJ8uSKM4RxOFmevQcHN3FEa50eeZ9kx7pj3TnmnPtGfaM+2Z9kx7pj3TnmnP
    tGf632f6ZhHuJOv2Rc+Vqtpdb/oH5bowpCcLc6l7DMsMw4Dv7ARZjSMzZ4b7quSFDcVluLRPjvdf
    rXwEDmA71AsIXN+D2VGc6IiPRrFjNHqNUTo1+pxV4polb2iWPmvVNfoKm8kL+I3dnVL8mq3qzD2x
    OzV7ll6FZO2tEayeaTWSXgVCllzq8wOZ3R7q+ql7lq2ohWa6bTSeStvT5cWfFYc4NZz1B8kb3qrw
    8jFcP5il5jQyxSBEZvHx341tPhZiu4XYQmqYvHBzRTcLq/aOy3EWbsrqACq1N6pquLv22yJshdLL
    fv3xt+CaBqYpLmB1MKbO5/Yn0XSS97oFGpSyspMbXQw+w99H8BewoJOgyKBBy9W9kLdB1Qf9oetE
    z8tAiWDNg6oNupptePCh7lh5sWGdbrOKDvyqvh7ri4AUZIpPZoptLYQ0bVe9re57Tdccz/UDxuq0
    NL3b86LV16Ljk8KF3NLlPsh2CtgEHsvYBLbFbAKOJW0Cj4VtajDBM9ZskTuzZkvdVPHZA3mn7J1Z
    s8VvAsdzKsZCeG4uO9/G2H+cmjOl8Zm2QI7fKKj+18g/+d3n6fZ0e7o93Z5uT7en29Pt6fZ0e7o9
    3Z5uT7en29Pt6fZ0e7rfc3+yEzWTlXoA9lohG91IYE1XO+2DbS2YGnH7Hl68sk93e7FV90xq6iX/
    OPSJR7DoD+vhNbiZyZOXrczDYRCfvqZHjy/XnV6B34p1utmRkjgeGx5lJW1n4mkvx7yQw9Sx3wGT
    91Vbinu7oz1r2/DbXxp3d4M=

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TAD MODEL-1 REFERENCE MONITOR
    By gerard in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-14-2014, 01:52 PM
  2. NAD Master Series
    By Domino in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
  3. L100T/L100S as a reference/studio monitor
    By ldizac in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •