Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1683

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    For JBL M2 HF:

Object(7.37.1): Ch1 IIR Crossover Filters
    Highpass Enable = 1 Highpass Frequency = 782Hz Highpass Type = Butterworth 6dB/oct Lowpass Enable = 0 Lowpass Frequency = 20kHz Lowpass Type = Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/oct
    Object(8.36.1): Ch1 Speaker EQ Filters
    Enable 1 = 1 Frequency 1 = 7.1kHz Q 1 = 4 Slope 1 = 11 Gain 1 = 5dB Type 1 = HP Shelf EQ
    Enable 2 = 1 Frequency 2 = 760Hz Q 2 = 2.5 Slope 2 = 6 Gain 2 = -4.3dB Type 2 = Parametric EQ
    Enable 3 = 1 Frequency 3 = 3.1kHz Q 3 = 3.5 Slope 3 = 6 Gain 3 = -5.6dB Type 3 = Parametric EQ
    Enable 4 = 1 Frequency 4 = 1kHz Q 4 = 3 Slope 4 = 6 Gain 4 = 1.5dB Type 4 = Parametric EQ
    Enable 5 = 1 Frequency 5 = 4kHz Q 5 = 6.56 Slope 5 = 6 Gain 5 = -1dB Type 5 = Parametric EQ
    Enable 6 = 1 Frequency 6 = 9.37kHz Q 6 = 10.16 Slope 6 = 6 Gain 6 = 2dB Type 6 = Parametric EQ
    Enable 7 = 1 Frequency 7 = 11.2kHz Q 7 = 13.25 Slope 7 = 6 Gain 7 = 2dB Type 7 = Parametric EQ
    Enable 8 = 1 Frequency 8 = 16kHz Q 8 = 5.26 Slope 8 = 6 Gain 8 = 2dB Type 8 = Parametric EQ
    Bypass 1 Thru 8 = 0

NOTE that the attached file isn't really a zip file, I just had to put that extension on it to upload it. Remove the .zip extension and then load it into AA.
    Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please provide some help when loading 4313B's file or the file from JBL into Audio Architect. Here's what I done so far while in AA, First I added the dci 4300 into room 1, then I double clicked on the amp shown, this brought up the control panel window that allows the options of select input, delay, eq, xover, Delay, limit, etc. In this screen I selected File, then Open, then Speaker Tuning. After selecting the proper file I wanted to verify the file was loaded by looking at the Xover points from the control panel window and I found it was blank. I also tried the file from JBL and it was blank. Has anyone come across this before when loading either of the files? Also both Files were ".SpeakerTuning". not zips.

Thanks,
    Scott

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please provide some help when loading 4313B's file or the file from JBL into Audio Architect. Here's what I done so far while in AA, First I added the dci 4300 into room 1, then I double clicked on the amp shown, this brought up the control panel window that allows the options of select input, delay, eq, xover, Delay, limit, etc. In this screen I selected File, then Open, then Speaker Tuning. After selecting the proper file I wanted to verify the file was loaded by looking at the Xover points from the control panel window and I found it was blank. I also tried the file from JBL and it was blank. Has anyone come across this before when loading either of the files? Also both Files were ".SpeakerTuning". not zips.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Hallo!

I tried it again and it seems that this new file is also affecting the privious settings such as Cinema Screen Arrays where the settings is also lockted. The privious settings is no problem at all.

I also read the attached pdf file but I can't make it work either.

Obsolete
    Weird. It loads right into Audio Architect 1.80 for me.
    Not that it matters too much since you can input all the values by hand if necessary then create your own file.

Mctwins
    Hallo!

Load it manually is an option

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Weird. It loads right into Audio Architect 1.80 for me.
    Not that it matters too much since you can input all the values by hand if necessary then create your own file.
    Interesting, my version is 1.20. I'll try downloading 1.80.

Thanks,
    Scott

Interesting, my version is 1.20. I'll try downloading 1.80.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Still getting the same results with both files and using AA 1.80 and 1.90. I must be doing something wrong. On the other hand, the newer AA has the contrio wall controls that I was looking for over an hour so I guess there is progress.

Still getting the same results with both files and using AA 1.80 and 1.90. I must be doing something wrong. On the other hand, the newer AA has the contrio wall controls that I was looking for over an hour so I guess there is progress.
    Figured it out, you have to set the channels 1-4 parameters through the speaker icons. See Below. Actually reading the instruction that comes with the file from JBL helps too. Thanks, Scott

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1879
Size:  17.5 KB

M2+DCI 2/600N Amp

Hey guys - My exposure to the M2 is fairly new to me. Is anyone pairing the M2 with the Crown DCI 2/600N or another amp in the DCI series? If so, is the DSP in the DCI amps capable of handling the anechoic data or is a BLU processor required

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by adidino View Post
    Hey guys - My exposure to the M2 is fairly new to me. Is anyone pairing the M2 with the Crown DCI 2/600N or another amp in the DCI series? If so, is the DSP in the DCI amps capable of handling the anechoic data or is a BLU processor required
    Hallo!

You can't use one Crown DCi 2/600N because ones need four channel to opearate the M2. You can use two 2/600N but it is better too use one 4/600N and use the DSP settings for the M2. You don't need the BLU processor unless if using a BLU-800 processor without inbuild DSP processor in a amplifier.

There are many youtube videos explaining the BLU-Link from BSS. Watch this, very informativ.

I don't use the BLU in my Crown DCi 2/600N.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Hallo!

You can't use one Crown DCi 2/600N because ones need four channel to opearate the M2. You can use two 2/600N but it is better too use one 4/600N and use the DSP settings for the M2. You don't need the BLU processor unless if using a BLU-800 processor without inbuild DSP processor in a amplifier.

There are many youtube videos explaining the BLU-Link from BSS. Watch this, very informativ.

I don't use the BLU in my Crown DCi 2/600N.
    Thank you. Actually, I plan to you use a DCI 2/600N for each speaker b-ampled. So the DCI amps DSP is capable to handling the M2?

Mctwins
    Thank you. Actually, I plan to you use a DCI 2/600N for each speaker b-ampled. So the DCI amps DSP is capable to handling the M2?
    Ok, I understand. Why using two amplifier when you can use 4/600N instead.

Yes, the DCi amps DSP is capable to handle the M2. If you are using a ordinary preamplifier with one left/right analog output channel you can reroute this signal into 4 channel inside the amp. With one amp 4/600N you are saving one powercable and less signalcables in the system.

Absoutley no reason to use two amplifier, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Ok, I understand. Why using two amplifier when you can use 4/600N instead.

Yes, the DCi amps DSP is capable to handle the M2. If you are using a ordinary preamplifier with one left/right analog output channel you can reroute this signal into 4 channel inside the amp. With one amp 4/600N you are saving one powercable and less signalcables in the system.

Absoutley no reason to use two amplifier, just my opinion.
    I'm planning on 3 M2's so will busing 3 4/600N amps. I prefer the idea of a separate amp feeding each speaker. I have plenty of dedicated circuits in equipment closet so not really and issue with power availability.

Mctwins
    I'm planning on 3 M2's so will busing 3 4/600N amps. I prefer the idea of a separate amp feeding each speaker. I have plenty of dedicated circuits in equipment closet so not really and issue with power availability.
    Ok, thanks for the info. That's another story. One amp/speaker then

Seems to forgett about LCR config.

long time lurker first time poster. Did some quick toying around with REW (room EQ wizard)/Harman Architect on my new-to-me JBL M2/crown 5000hd--kind of a steep learning curve, but needless to say I am as impressed as everyone else seems to be with these speakers! There's room for improvement but it's definitely a good start!

I am sorry if this is mentioned before but how much volume does the 15" need for its port tuning?

I dont remember the port tuning but I domt ever remember seeing a chamber volume either. Its probably there I just forgot it. After seeing the dual 15" drawing I am curious how big this thing will get volume wise is all. 2.5way M2 would be a monster. I would most likely just build the normal version but its definitely a serious thought.

Thread Information