Page 61 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Thanks Widget

Nice too have that kind of audiophile friends

Are the M2 s behind screen application ??? Are the Everest's in the same room?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    Thanks Widget

Nice too have that kind of audiophile friends

Are the M2 s behind screen application ??? Are the Everest's in the same room?
    Both systems are currently in the same room and both are two channel systems. I'm not sure which one will stay. He likes both systems.

Widget

"......One more data point on the subjective side..........

Now in comparison to the E2, he said that the E2 lacks the bass control of the M2s (not really a fair comparison since the E2s are a single amped all analog system with no DSP or room correction). ...."

Hi Mr.Widget.

Very interesting conclusion, and unexpected (for me)
    ... TWO 4-inch VC 15-inch bass drivers series 1501AL vs SINGLE 3-inch dual VC 15-inch bass driver.....

regards
    ivica

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    .. TWO 4-inch VC 15-inch bass drivers series 1501AL vs SINGLE 3-inch dual VC 15-inch ..
    Is it NO DSP vs DSP RC?..

p.s.: well processing\correction implied
    el goregrind es cultura

Quote Originally Posted by Flaesh View Post
    Is it NO DSP vs DSP RC?..
    Yes, no DSP vs. exceptionally well thought out DSP correction + SOTA room correction.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Very interesting conclusion, and unexpected (for me)
    ... TWO 4-inch VC 15-inch bass drivers series 1501AL vs SINGLE 3-inch dual VC 15-inch bass driver.....
    Yes, which begs the question. What would E2 sound like with exceptionally well done DSP and room correction?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Yes, which begs the question. What would E2 sound like with exceptionally well done DSP and room correction?

Widget
    Yes exactly. As far as I'm concerned without room correction it's an unfair comparison.
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

I suppose your friend will have to order another ARCOS calibration for the E2 (with the passive crossover in place) for a fair(er) comparison before deciding which pair to part with.
    I can't wait to see the result of this shootout

... or, put the 476Be in the M2, use the 2216nd in the 80Hz-800Hz decade, and the 1501AL pairs as subs

(just kidding)

Hello, I am new to this thread. I have heard the M2’s a number of times in different rooms / set-ups and have been very impressed every time. I am quite familiar with them from a listening perspective.

I would like to know if anyone has successfully managed to use the M2’s with a different speaker processor? - successfully managed to copy all the crossover functions, EQ, delay and gain setting across to a different processor and use with different amplification?

This is something I have been considering if it made sense?

Paul

Obsolete

80sKid
    Both systems are currently in the same room and both are two channel systems. I'm not sure which one will stay. He likes both systems.
    Widget,

Are the E2 and M2 being listened to with the same electronics? Or are these two separate systems entirely?

I ask for the obvious reason, that a difference in electronics could cause significant differences in the speakers.

Also, the different positions of the two pairs, in relation to the room, will also have a notable impact.

If both are on wheels, it would be interesting to swap the positions of the E2 and M2 and see if the sound observations / comparisons change.

The m2 must run as a DSP crossed over/EQd, biamped system. I doubt you can just flick a switch and have those proprietary electronics sound right on any other speaker without a fair bit of crossover design knowledge...among other things.

80sKid
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The m2 must run as a DSP crossed over/EQd, biamped system. I doubt you can just flick a switch and have those proprietary electronics sound right on any other speaker without a fair bit of crossover design knowledge...among other things.
    How silly of me to forget that it's a complete package with DSP.

So, the electronics could definitely be part of the difference.

Obsolete
    So, the electronics could definitely be part of the difference.
    So could placing 18 mH of inductance having 1.2 ohms of DCR on one of the 1501AL-2's and placing 8.0 mH of inductance having 1.15 ohms of DCR on the other 1501AL-2...

Guys... come on...

I've run my 1501AL-2's with passive networks for the convenience of using a single amp with the system but I am under no illusion that such an implementation is optimum. It is convenient. Pull the passive parts and run active and they become "fully functional" in a truly impressive way.

But yes, pay for this service and it all becomes clear. It makes sense for the M2 so it certainly makes sense for a system costing nearly three times the price.

Yes, no DSP vs. exceptionally well thought out DSP correction + SOTA room correction.

Widget

Thread Information