Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
    Hi Widget,

Do you know what JBL SDEC model corresponds to what BSS model?
    Sorry for the delay in responding but I missed your post.

No, I have no idea but I expect it would be easy enough to figure out by looking at the configurations. The SDEC units have custom faceplate graphics and internal programming, but they are stock BSS hardware. The SDECs are more expensive because of the JBL Synthesis programming. I suppose if they sold millions of these things the programming would be free... but at the numbers these things sell, that isn't tenable.

I was just at a friend's house who just received a pair of M2s. I have to say that while they look very professional and purposeful, I don't think I would want a pair in my living room. He had them sitting next to his Everests and they loomed over them and rather dwarfed the already ridiculously large E2s.

I'll go back and give them a serious listen when they have been set up, but on the first visual pass... not so sure.

Widget

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaesh View Post
    Don't really know what to say to that. I don't recall JBL ever blowing anything out at such a price reduction. Maybe they are radioactive or something.

sorry for offtop - "Brand New Genuine" 2452h http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...-driver-2452h/ for $395.
    may it "to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm" ..
    el goregrind es cultura

Clearing out the stockroom before a new product is released?

Let's hope they keep a few spares so that M2 user can get replacement parts...

I am just trawling through this thread and basically need to know if the M2 can be sourced in the UK and how much...

Also, is their a combined amp and processor (fanless) option to power them?

just look for the JBLPRO Dealer and ask for the price of the M2 with BSS BLU-50 and put in the amp of your choice the only fanlees option from crown would be CT4150

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    I am just trawling through this thread and basically need to know if the M2 can be sourced in the UK and how much...

Also, is their a combined amp and processor (fanless) option to power them?
    Andy , don't you work in acoustics ? You should have a go direct from Harman Pro , get yourself a proper price.

Remember that the M2 has a fairly wide pattern and is also a big tall speaker. Things to keep in mind.

M

Yes, have good links with big shifter of Harmon gear hear so will price it all up. Sounds a bit complicated though really and my rough hearing would probably be just as happy with SRX835p's mentioned in another thread..

Wish they'd made them fully active - why not?

Just saw that the CT4150 is 125W/channel. That's still enough to generate serious levels in domestic setting. I guess it's possible to get two of them, bridge channels, etc. Anyway, box count is rising and I'm trying to simplify my system so not helping..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding but I missed your post.

No, I have no idea but I expect it would be easy enough to figure out by looking at the configurations. The SDEC units have custom faceplate graphics and internal programming, but they are stock BSS hardware. The SDECs are more expensive because of the JBL Synthesis programming. I suppose if they sold millions of these things the programming would be free... but at the numbers these things sell, that isn't tenable.

I was just at a friend's house who just received a pair of M2s. I have to say that while they look very professional and purposeful, I don't think I would want a pair in my living room. He had them sitting next to his Everests and they loomed over them and rather dwarfed the already ridiculously large E2s.

I'll go back and give them a serious listen when they have been set up, but on the first visual pass... not so sure.

Widget

i would love to hear that side by side comparison

hope to hear your impressions

Hi all,

Sorry to be a party pooper, the driver price listed a few posts above is only for the diaphragms… I have no idea how to install them or if it is doable outside the factory, but the complete driver is about $1500. I thought I’d get some complete drivers for my M2 waveguides but it turned out to be lees of a bargain than first anticipated  .

After having toyed around with various drivers, diaphragms and horns the last months there is no doubt I my mind that these new waveguides is a major improvement. Even the Beyma CP755Ti’s (4”/1,4” Ti) I happen to have lying around measures very well on the VTX horn and the M2. -But they do not like the older guides or the 2332…. They are even almost “flat” from 1k trough 20k without any compensation on the VTX guide, and even better with 2450SL. The bonus is that a two-way system should be much easier to set up than a 3-way. Albeit I have not decided if to use the 045’s or not...

Time has changed…

Kind regards
    //RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

You mean this ad is only for the diaphragm?
    https://reconingspeakers.com/product...l-m2-5032754x/

Are you sure of this?

The serial number is the one from the M2 technical manual for the entire driver, and the description certainly states that it is the driver itself?...

I guess I will have to cancel my order :/

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry to be a party pooper, the driver price listed a few posts above is only for the diaphragms…
    You aren't a party pooper, they need to edit their website to reflect that. I wonder how many orders they received since that post above.

JBL D2430K Tweeter for JBL M2 #5032754X $345

Product Description

Brand New Genuine JBL D2430K Tweeter for JBL M2

I just asked them and they confirmed it was the actual driver...

Hi all,

The story I got was that it was not complete drivers. However if it is, that is a bargain ! I sure hope you get them.

That is what is kind of what you get for a good pair of used drivers.... Let alone the cost for some Truextents...

Kind regards

// RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

Thread Information