Page 47 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    You might want to make the waveguide baffle separately removable and replaceable just in case.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    JBL Pro has made it completely clear that they have no intentions of selling the M2 waveguide separately. "The only way you can obtain an M2 waveguide is to return a broken M2 waveguide for replacement." That was their official response.

However, we never know what will happen down the road. They might come up with replacements for the PT Series that use the new waveguide technology.

That is my hope as well, but this new waveguide technology seems to be mostly adapted to wide horizontal and vertical coverages, with a lot of effort put into reducing diffraction effects and maintaining a wide directivity up high, whereas the pro series are looking for narrower directivity, especially vertically.

Obsolete
    Yeah, are they even using the 1010 anywhere anymore? I haven't checked lately. I'll be keeping my pair.

You might want to make the waveguide baffle separately removable and replaceable just in case
    Hello 4313B

That was the plan so I could get the offset closer to try to time align them.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Mctwins
    Hallo!

Great interview

Very interesting, thanks!

I loved Charles' reply to the question about comparing the 4410 to the M2!

Fascinating to hear intelligent and articulate designers talk about their innovative creations.

I particularly enjoyed Peter's comparison of the two amp options. It seemed to imply that you'd be better off with the Crowns over the Levinsons for their power if the fan noise wouldn't detract. Cheaper is better?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I loved Charles' reply to the question about comparing. the 4410 to the M2!
    Thank goodness they left the 4345 out of the fight!

I particularly enjoyed Peter's comparison of the two amp options. It seemed to imply that you'd be better off with the Crowns over the Levinsons for their power if the fan noise wouldn't detract. Cheaper is better?
    Absolutely! Cheaper is always better, especially when you are doing some 115dB mixing around the house for a week solid

Just kidding, I think we can all agree that Crown amps are what they spec'd for good reason.

That was fairly informative, thanks.

It's interesting to me what people chose, consciously or not, to display in their background.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Thank goodness they left the 4345 out of the fight!
    Left with the impression that maximum SPL was the driving force behind the M2, the specs show a slight advantage to the 4345 in that respect. (Test parameters might vary.) I'd love to be able to make that comparison myself, in my own house! I just need a bigger house, but then I'd no money for the M2.
    Somebody let me know when they make it to the Harman Tent Sale.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post

It's interesting to me what people chose, consciously or not, to display in their background.

Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Left with the impression that maximum SPL was the driving force behind the M2,
    I came away thinking directivity/time domain control, flat frequency response, low power compression, and high dynamic range were the driving force

I will say that's one of the few hour long podcasts that I could sit through and wish it lasted another hour.

I came away thinking directivity/time domain control, flat frequency response, low power compression, and high dynamic range were the driving force

I will say that's one of the few hour long podcasts that I could sit through and wish it lasted another hour.
    Agree on both counts. The wave-guide and woofer treatments in general support those design goals but referencing the M2 in particular they repeatedly mentioned extreme SPL, and why they needed it. To create such linear response even off axis while producing extreme SPLs was the accomplishment. I was intrigued by the discussion of turning them around and having the M2 still create the huge soundstage.

I wish I had the hour! So far I've seen 29 min... it is interesting to be sure! The über geek is a bit off putting, but overall he isn't too distracting.

Widget

Thread Information