Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    I have already been thinkin about what I need to sell to get the whole system.

They sure are cool. I also do not think (for me anyway) that this news would not be quite as exciting had this come from Harman luxury audio group, I kind of expect it.

Also looks like retail is about $24-25,000 or so there abouts with the amps and processor. Not all that bad really. I would think this would be the way to go if you really want to overcome a room and it's problems.

Hummmm what to sell!!
    That much? Not bad, not bad at all. I currently have about $19k in my current system, including the S4700s. So all you need is a dac and lossless files (and a cd player if you're gonna play cds,) and you're all set, true?
    S4700 owner.

I have already been thinkin about what I need to sell to get the whole system.

They sure are cool. I also do not think (for me anyway) that this news would not be quite as exciting had this come from Harman luxury audio group, I kind of expect it.

Also looks like retail is about $24-25,000 or so there abouts with the amps and processor. Not all that bad really. I would think this would be the way to go if you really want to overcome a room and it's problems.

Hummmm what to sell!!
    It wouldn't surprise me if the 1400 Array was a superior solution for home use. I certainly doubt the M2 has the level of detail resolution of the 476Be and 476Mg based home speakers... those DSP based Crown amps are impressive, but just how good do they really sound?

I don't mean to rain on this parade... I am quite excited that JBL has decided to reenter this market, but I wouldn't drop coin on these without some serious audition time.

Widget

Hi

If I didn't have my current system I would go for M2 in an instant and I don't have to have a listening session.
    When I bought my Cinema Screen Arrays I bought them without listening to them first. I even bough the 4312E without listening as well.

If I keep my Crowns MAi and swap my processor to BSS and all that is left is a pair of M2 and I'm ready to rock'n roll

I have to think about this

Bet you there is a waiting list already.

Like TiDome says this is an integrated systems and pro market is allot more open to use DSP in their loudspeaker monitors

i remember that K2 9800 had very nice mark levinson active crossovers and amps and it did not sell well

by quots. Here in this forum Mr GT favors active crossovers to get the best of his systems but the hi end is full of ghosts and too many Dsp and digital with hi end dont mix

The Everests and the K2 are not active becuse the marketing ruled i bet Greg T , Mark G and others top disinger would be very hapy to use dsp active crossovers and eq on top systems

My 2hz

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    What I would also like to try is to get the D2 and integrate it into my 4345s... are they 2 inch drivers? Would they fit the 2311 horn?
    No, they will not fit a 2311 without modification.

They completely supplant the LE175/LE85/2410/2420/2421/2425/2426 and 2405/077 combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the 1400 Array was a superior solution for home use. I certainly doubt the M2 has the level of detail resolution of the 476Be and 476Mg based home speakers... those DSP based Crown amps are impressive, but just how good do they really sound?

I don't mean to rain on this parade... I am quite excited that JBL has decided to reenter this market, but I wouldn't drop coin on these without some serious audition time.
    It will be interesting to see how much of this technology spreads to the Consumer side. Are we going to see a 1-inch exit version? A 2-inch exit version? Less expensive versions? This new compression driver currently holds the number two spot in cost.

Those who know say that it is "better" than the 2431/435AL but not quite as good as the 2435/435Be, nevermind a 476Mg or 476Be. One thing is certain though, it has no rival in pure output over an impressively wide bandwidth. It makes a wide-band two-way system a complete reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Widget

Not sure I would get rid of the 1400's

I also had the same thought about the Crown being as nice sounding as my MC602. Dont think it is possible, but the BSS unit with my Macs might be a different story. Full retail on the speakers alone looks to be 12K another $2500 and you have a BSS 160 or the crown's at a retail of 12K alone.

My thought is, I really like that it is a 2way with extension to 40k and a really good processor like the BSS should provide a nice way to integrate them into almost any room.

The waveguide sure looks to be the next 4430 on steroids.
    Always fun learning more.......

Obsolete
    Full retail on the speakers alone looks to be 12K
    Well that's nuts...
    My thought is, I really like that it is a 2way with extension to 40k and a really good processor like the BSS should provide a nice way to integrate them into almost any room.
    So the question is how does the M2 sound against the 1200 Array and S3900/S4700 without all the back end required (?) to make it sound reasonable.
    The waveguide sure looks to be the next 4430 on steroids.
    I view the waveguide as the best part of the technology (Great sounding DSP would be a real close second).

It is two piece, the back piece being a mounting plate, evidently so various bolt patterns with 1.5" exit compression drivers can be used.

As for the D2 compression driver, a 1-inch exit version could be very interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    i remember that K2 9800 had very nice mark levinson active crossovers and amps and it did not sell well
    It was alot of money and second mortgages weren't readily available.

You know we buy everything on credit. No credit, No K2's.

I think this technology will be very prominent in the coming years.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    I think this technology will be very prominent in the coming years.
    Well, we've heard that it's scalable so possibly so. I think Harman Pro does believe that it is a genuine game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Well that's nuts....
    That's what I said.

So the question is how does the M2 sound against the 1200 Array and S3900/S4700 without all the back end required (?) to make it sound reasonable.I view the waveguide as the best part of the technology (Great sounding DSP would be a real close second).
    This is definitely the question and I know you will get to the bottom of it...... So to speak!!

(or maybe it is the top of it)

It is two piece, the back piece being a mounting plate, evidently so various bolt patterns with 1.5" exit compression drivers can be used.

Folks at JBL are aware that I want to bolt a 476Be to it asap. I suppose it is possible that they will try it first.

As for the D2 compression driver, a 1-inch exit version could be very interesting....
    Yes that would be fun to have access to a 1" like that. Affordable 2ways would never be the same!

It was alot of money and second mortgages weren't readily available.

You know we buy everything on credit. No credit, No K2's.
    But I don't live in my speakers!!

Obsolete
    That's what I said.
    That it will only be available through select Pro Dealers might "fix" that problem.

The impact on Consumer might be minimal.

I would hazard a guess that the next iteration will be a smaller VTX array module and then a smaller still to replace the existing Vertec line.
    Probably be something to chew on in amongst that lot.

That it will only be available through select Pro Dealers might "fix" that problem.

i agree with this very few hi enders will want a crown digital amp with a digital BSS dsp unit

I got my price from a friend who IS a select dealer. Not shipping yet but I might really need a pair of those WG's!!
    and buying a pair of M2's may be the only way to get some.

Ever since the Array/SAM1HF's I have been a horn Junkie!!

Now the whole theater has to have horns!!

Thread Information