Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1683

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

I Have a BSS BLU-800 that I barely understand how to use, so I'm thinking of getting the minidsp opendrc-da8 and using some fir goodness along with the normal iir filters to get the job done.
    The HF high pass especially changed too much to be subtle, so I'm guessing one setting must be dead wrong but which one?

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I Have a BSS BLU-800 that I barely understand how to use, so I'm thinking of getting the minidsp opendrc-da8 and using some fir goodness along with the normal iir filters to get the job done.
    The HF high pass especially changed too much to be subtle, so I'm guessing one setting must be dead wrong but which one?
    Ok, let's start all over again with the questions.

What amplifier do you have?

Is it a real M2 you have or a DIY?

Have you done a proper Gain structure?

And, there is settings for the BLU-800 for the M2. Go to JBLpro and download it.

The EQ settings I last saw were just for the high or low pass sections and not for the input or common EQ section.
    I'm guessing you have to use the input EQs because of limitations of this amp? It seems counter-intuitive to me that the input settings are all very close to the crossover frequency, is there a reason for this?

Another odd thing I just noticed about the settings I have is there are 14 PEQs in the high pass section, with the lowest one at 500Hz, well below the XO point of 782Hz.
    Also the slope in my settings is set to 6db/oct and in 4313Bs recent posts it's 24db/oct.

It looks to me like there are a million ways to mess this up and I don't know what questions to ask...other than what is the right way to do this?
    I have put together a little document with all the settings listed and explained: https://goo.gl/GdfQ7N

(still missing the 27Hz high passed version for LF though)

It's gonna be DIY, most of it is parts that I bought but haven't seen yet (I'm off the coast of Japan for the next few months).
    The amp I have right now is a Yamaha MX-55 (4ch, 35w/ch) I can't imagine that will do for long.

I have that download and couldn't get it to take for some reason. Audio architect isn't always on speaking terms with my dsp and it's confusing as hell to use.
    I should post a whole other thread on my problems with that system.

When I was home four months ago, I was able to drop the HF units atop some LE14Hs I had laying around and punch in the HF settings manually, sounded alright to me but I've got a fair bit of hearing damage.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is something changed big time with the HF high pass. In post 500, it's 1st order and for this new amp setting package it's 4th order. That is a gigantic change that no amp topology could ever account for.

Edit: I miss read the latest data: while there is a 4th order XO on the HF, it's a low pass at 20 kHz. ...gah!
    I are smart! But I cannot brain today becuz I have the dumb.

Obsolete
    I'm sorry. I didn't explain that Enable = 0 means that that setting is NOT enabled. The setting in RED is enabled with Enable = 1.

Highpass Enable = 1 Highpass Frequency = 782Hz Highpass Type = Butterworth 6dB/oct Lowpass Enable = 0 Lowpass Frequency = 20kHz Lowpass Type = Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/oct
    Object(8.36.1): Ch1 Speaker EQ Filters

I'll leave it to someone else to put it all into a easier to read format. I would but I don't care just yet. I don't even have enclosures finalized much less built.

Hello,
    jblsynthesis.com is fully back !!!!!!!!!!

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    I have put together a little document with all the settings listed and explained: https://goo.gl/GdfQ7N

(still missing the 27Hz high passed version for LF though)
    This is really nice! I am still undecided if I am going to just stick with a pair and use the Crowns or if I am going to go with three channels of a mini-DSP and use my center channel M2 clone as well. I might just either sell the center channel or keep it for spares since JBL no longer understands the concept of spare parts for loudspeaker systems. Who knows...

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by herve M View Post
    Hello,
    jblsynthesis.com is fully back !!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah but G.T. isn't so screw 'em.

That particular file is from London Architect, and won't open in Audio Architect. It's settings are locked and can't be viewed anyway. Your best bet is to create a new file from scratch in audio architect and copy the settings found in this thread.

It's gonna be DIY, most of it is parts that I bought but haven't seen yet (I'm off the coast of Japan for the next few months).
    The amp I have right now is a Yamaha MX-55 (4ch, 35w/ch) I can't imagine that will do for long.

I have that download and couldn't get it to take for some reason. Audio architect isn't always on speaking terms with my dsp and it's confusing as hell to use.
    I should post a whole other thread on my problems with that system.

When I was home four months ago, I was able to drop the HF units atop some LE14Hs I had laying around and punch in the HF settings manually, sounded alright to me but I've got a fair bit of hearing damage.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is something changed big time with the HF high pass. In post 500, it's 1st order and for this new amp setting package it's 4th order. That is a gigantic change that no amp topology could ever account for.

Edit: I miss read the latest data: while there is a 4th order XO on the HF, it's a low pass at 20 kHz. ...gah!
    I are smart! But I cannot brain today becuz I have the dumb.

Obsolete
    I had a nice conversation with G.T. over the New Years weekend and he mentioned something that those of you who actually still care about what JBL is doing might find interesting.

The latest generation of waveguides/horns are "prefect". They don't pinch at the top end like the "almost perfect" M2 and 4367 do. I would imagine they will be thoroughly "protected" and "patented". I believe the first examples will be coming out in some in-wall systems.

Hello,

I'm in the process of trading some items for a new Crown DCI 4300N and was wondering when using the posted M2 file by 4313b, are there any inputs left for EQ on the low end?

Thanks,
    Scott

Obsolete
    There are 8 unused PEQ points on the Input EQ's
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    There are 8 unused PEQ points on the LP Input EQ
    Great, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I had a nice conversation with G.T. over the New Years weekend and he mentioned something that those of you who actually still care about what JBL is doing might find interesting.

The latest generation of waveguides/horns are "prefect". They don't pinch at the top end like the "almost perfect" M2 and 4367 do. I would imagine they will be thoroughly "protected" and "patented". I believe the first examples will be coming out in some in-wall systems.
    Interesting. Maybe I should wait with buying LSR305:s as surrounds then?
    Will they look very different, or almost the same as the "image control waveguides"?

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    That particular file is from London Architect, and won't open in Audio Architect. It's settings are locked and can't be viewed anyway. Your best bet is to create a new file from scratch in audio architect and copy the settings found in this thread.
    I think you are right here. I did try and I found the BSS BLU-800 in Audio Architect but coulden't manage to do anything to download the file from JBLpro. Must be some other way to do it.

Thread Information