I have recently heard two demos of the SK2-1000 speakers. The first were a stereo demo with no room eq and a S1S-EX sub for each speaker crossed at 80hz.

The second demo was a complete theater setup with two S1S-EX and an SDEC4500, Bryston processor and, as far as I remember, Synthesis amps.

I had very high expectations for this system, but... I was dissapointed! Both times I heard the SK2 speakers, they sounded kindda harsh. The higher frequencies were fatiguing and the midrange sounded a little "boxy". I have heard the Array speakers multiple times, and I actually prefer their tonality and qualities. But this has been in different rooms, so a lot of variables.

So I would love to hear your opinions of this speaker - is it my demo's which have been bad, or is it just not one of JBL's best speakers? Its rather high priced and uses good components, so I am a little surprised they didn't blow me away. By looking at the measurements on the JBL Synthesis site (For the 3300 model though), the off axis is not very smooth - that surprises me as well.