Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad’s DIY Paragons make the move…

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Sound good, but I have trouble to get a Green Card. Have been working to move to the USA for about one year now. No luck so far.

Rolf
    why is that ? I've always heard that Norway is much nicer.

easy to move here.... Fly to one of our neighbor countries , cross over, don't leave ...amnesty will make you legal ..millions have done it.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thanks for letting me know how bad my Father sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

easy to move here.... Fly to one of our neighbor countries , cross over, don't leave ...amnesty will make you legal ..millions have done it.
    Millions may have done it, but that doesn't mean it's a good route. I have a costa rican friend who effectively did that, and it was quite a battle to get legal immigration status thereafter as a known violator.

Well, Norway is nicer? You have no idea how much we pay in tax on EVERYTHING! 1 (one) gallon for petrol costs about US$ 56 1/4 liter of beer is about US$ 4 (in a shop) 20 cigarettes about US$ 17. Cars are very expensive. I could go on and on. Besides that I am very fond of the USA ... the great outdoors etc. Rolf. What do you mean about flying to another country and just stay? You mean Mexico or ???
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

Well, Norway is nicer? You have no idea how much we pay in tax on EVERYTHING! 1 (one) gallon for petrol costs about US$ 56 1/4 liter of beer is about US$ 4 (in a shop) 20 cigarettes about US$ 17. Cars are very expensive. I could go on and on. Besides that I am very fond of the USA ... the great outdoors etc. Rolf. What do you mean about flying to another country and just stay? You mean Mexico or ???
    Do you have any idea what a heart attack costs in the US?

Widget

WOW !!!! US$56 a gallon for gas ? hope that's super premium. over $1,000 to fill my tank ? WOW , again ...

Maybe thats why some of your posts seem superfluous to us ..when you say thats there's no decent CD player under $3K , now I understand...that's peanuts to you.

How long have you spent in the great outdoors of the US ? I remember when you first decided to visit and were asking about buying a gun for self protection.

We usually equate Norway to New Zealand ... pristine beauty and few people.

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    Millions may have done it, but that doesn't mean it's a good route. I have a costa rican friend who effectively did that, and it was quite a battle to get legal immigration status thereafter as a known violator.
    I was being somewhat facetious ..my in-laws and many friends have come here the right way ...they do their piles of paperwork, pay lots of fees and wait and wait and wait. some of my German friends have been on the list nearly 20 years. I have heard there is a lottery to be among the 50,000 (afair) to come per year. The ones who do it the right way are many times PO'ed at the ones that sneak across the river at night.
    The "undocumented" or "uninvited" or whatever we now call them , get "in-state" tuition, drivers licenses, even a dedicated waiting area for construction crews to cruise by and grab them for the day ..etc . They now demonstrate, demanding "their rights"

sure ain't the America I grew up in ....you waited too long Rolf, the best days are long gone ...

to OP: sorry for the hijack...this forum just seems to wander like that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Widget
    $56 US per gallon must induce a lot of them
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Widget
    One life?
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

No, but I guess the insurance wil cover things like that. Rolf.

Widget

No, but I guess the insurance wil cover things like that. Rolf.
    Many Americans don't have insurance and many who do have such high deductibles that a major illness can bankrupt them... I'll leave it there as this is not only OT but will quickly dive off into politics.

Widget

Very well. I have got an answer from the government that my pension ++ all that is included, but I must get it in writing

Many Americans don't have insurance and many who do have such high deductibles that a major illness can bankrupt them... I'll leave it there as this is not only OT but will quickly dive off into politics.

Widget

Well aside from the politics and the cost of living in either place.... are the great outdoors!

Norway great outdoors are awesome! I remember taking the train from Oslo to Bergen, it was an awesome ride, the scenery fantastic, the blond girls splendid, the night skies stellar, the early morning fresh fish markets on the coasts incredible, sleeping in a tent in the wilderness okay that was kind of buggy and cold, but a great trip all the way around!

And the US great outdoors have not changed much at all over the last 30-40 years. Sure we've a few more starbucks and walmarts, but that's in the cities themselves. Our national parks and forests and such are all still mostly intact and there.

And if you lived in the great outdoors... wouldn't we all want to put our speakers on trains in the wilderness like this: ??

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ome/page14.jpg

Im a little lost. Diy paragons and now heart attacks, goverment revolts. Dogs and cats living togehter, mass hysteria.

December 25 2012 must be the end...... Oh wait its already past...

Never mind, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    Im a little lost.
    We seem to have left that topic back in early January.

Widget

Well I am all out of build pics sorry. I did get dad a new slide scanner around xmas but no new pics yet from that. There was one more pic of the 'alcove' these 'fit in' ... but it turned out to be just a (albeit specially constructed to be symmetrical) space under the staircase that when I was 2 feet tall looked kinda enormous.

These 'paragons' have finally found their new home as front L+R speakers in my 8.3 surround sound system setup. The 4655's, with their same size 15" woofers as the paragons, and 'same' titanium horn tweeters, and similarly high (100db) spl sensitivity, made for really nice front center and rear center speakers. The L100T with their measly hahaha 92 db sensitivity have a hard time keeping up ~ even with twice the power to them ~ as rear speakers. And L60T as front effects speakers add some nice spatial sound qualities.

I still need to rearrange the electronic components, hide the wires, and then it'll be ready for more pics....

Cheers y'all!
    Dan

Prices in Norway.

Not to scare all the tourists from Norway.

WOW !!!! US$56 a gallon for gas ? hope that's super premium. over $1,000 to fill my tank ? WOW , again ...

Do not know where Rolf fills his car, but this is more realistic.
    One gallon = 3,785 liters
    One liters gas, Nkr 15,00 = USD 2,63 x 3,785 = USD 9,95 a gallon

Still far from topic

Thread Information