Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JBL L150 speaker help

paragon

Next

Next
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mrbluster

NETWORK MOD

Does anyone still have the post regarding NETWORK "mod" for using two ME120HS in an L150? Would appreciate it if you could repost or send to me.

THANKS ZILCH, for all your input.

MRBLUSTER

mrbluster
    Very strange etiquette here. Isn't this forum for "technical help"? No "Library" I know of offers assistance and then withdraws it. I am a little disappointed in this otherwise outstanding Site.

Mrbluster

Obsolete
    Originally posted by mrbluster
    Very strange etiquette here. Isn't this forum for "technical help"? No "Library" I know of offers assistance and then withdraws it. I am a little disappointed in this otherwise outstanding Site.

Mrbluster
    The Library is here.

Posts in a forum can be withdrawn as required/desired. I also deleted several posts I posted yesterday in response to your last post after spending half an hour putting together a few schematics and then getting them in postable form. Why? After further investigation it has been found that none of the components in the L150 or L150A would be able to keep up with dual ME120HS in the midband. If you wish to pursue the endeavor you might wish to look at biamplification. I suppose you could also try something like a 4435-type LF response but that would take a lot of tweeking with large inductor values.

Have you thought of pursuing an MTM design with a compression driver/horn instead?

mrbluster

THANK YOU

Giskard, All of your efforts, in this instance and others are truly appreciated. Your contributions have been acknowledged numerous times by the many JBL aficionados on this site including myself.

Please understand that many of us here enjoy and learn from the give and take of the discussion, and even If you can see several moves ahead, there are things to be gained from the process.

Re: the L150's I see now I need to take a different approach . Thanks to all: Giskard, Earl K, Zilch and others for your help.

Regards,
    Mrbluster

Obsolete

Re: THANK YOU

Originally posted by mrbluster
    Please understand that many of us here enjoy and learn from the give and take of the discussion, and even If you can see several moves ahead, there are things to be gained from the process.
    Ok. I will endeavor to keep that in mind going forward.

Royd

JBL L150 speaker help

I picked up the L150A cabinets today. The walnut veneer on the sides looks great. The veneer on the tops have some kind of rubber squares stuck on them than I'm guessing were used under glass tops. The base on one of the cabinets is smashed on one side. I'll have to use some wood glue and filler for repair. I noticed that 28 of the required 30 mounting screws for the drivers are missing. Can someone suggest where I can find replacement screws? Does JBL still have them for sale? Thank you for your help.

Steve Gonzales

driver help

Have you tried Speaker City? I went there once and the man who runs it seemed very knowledgeable, he spat out Thiele-Small parameters like no person I've ever talked to. I am no expert but I consider myself to be somewhat informed and this guy made me feel like I was from another planet! I want to say it is in Burbank but could be mistaken. I'll bet you could Google it and find it. I would stick with JBL stuff but if you wanted to experiment with different brand of Passive then you should check them out. I remember seeing some Peerless passives that looked well made and a few others. I had the same problem finding screws for my L222's and when to Buget Bolt in Bakersfield and found the Stock looking ones and then discovered Allen Heads that really are a nice touch. I even found the tapered-head counter sunk type screws in the Allen Heads. I would say the sizes of the machine screws are 8-32 and 10-32's, at least they are in my models and every model I've had before. Goodluck with your L150's!
    Last edited by Steve Gonzales; 10-14-2004 at 12:49 AM.

Steve Gonzales

Allen head

I think the Allens give it a nice touch.

Steve Gonzales

122a's

I have a trustworthy friend in New York that has a clean pair of 122A's if you want to try them. I can set the deal up for you if you are interested, let me know and you can talk to him yourself. By the way Regis has a pair of L150's and seems to know alot about them. He put some 128H's in place of the 122A's and liked the results and also bought some LE5-9's from me for the midranges.

Royd

JBL L150 speaker help

I was lucky enough to score a pair of PR300's on eBay with bad surrounds. I plan on sending them to OC speaker repair for the refoams. I had already purchased the port tubes and a hole cutting jug from Parts Express and was waiting for a free weekend to begin. I'll post another update when the speakers are ready for prime time.

Scooter
    The 2005 Parts Express catalog has two twelve-inch passive radiator types in their Dayton line. Peerless has one too--in the same catalog. Might be worth an on-line peek at the sizes.

Scott

LE 120 h-1 picture

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Thanks ! <> Earl K

- Now we need a similar picture of the LE120H-1, can anyone helpout here ?
    Photos of the driver LE120H-1, also another photo of the LE120H-1, in the L7's that I bought new a number of years ago , they are original and have never been replaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by hificanada; 10-23-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: pic added

Quote Originally Posted by hificanada View Post
    I will post that tonight
    It's been 5 years since the request, but maybe they are still interested

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K
    Now we need a similar picture of the LE120H-1, can anyone helpout here ?
    Quote Originally Posted by hificanada
    I will post that tonight

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    It's been 5 years since the request, but maybe they are still interested
    - IMHO, it's never too late to contribute to the knowledge base here at LHF .

Thanks >< EarlK

Thread Information