Thread: Mini DSP Digital Crossovers

Mini DSP Digital Crossovers

Someone who has tested, that can share experiences?
    How do they sound?
    Are they good with JBL monitors?

Plenty of reading in diyAudio.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Someone who has tested, that can share experiences?
    How do they sound?
    Are they good with JBL monitors?

Anyone?

Obsolete
    I have one. I haven't had time to hook it up to the Everest II clones yet.

I use the miniStreamer, 1 miniDigi and 2 2x4 kits with 2.1-Way ADV plugins for a 4-way system (Subs/MB on one board, MF/HF on the other). The 2.1 plugin has subwoofer mono summing, which is why I chose it over the 4-way plugin. I've had the 2x4's since early 2011, I added the miniStreamer and miniDigi boards last summer. One of the 2x4's failed, it was replaced under warranty.

I'm happy with the performance. I believe 3rd party measurements can be found at diyaudio.com in the miniDSP Manufacturer's Forum.

For best results, control volume either digitally with the potentiometer option or use separate controls between the miniDSP and power amps. If your power amps require more than .9 Vrms input to reach full rated output, consider the balanced miniDSP. If your source is a PC, I would recommend following the sweetwater.com PC Optimization Guide for your OS, along with the miniStreamer/miniDigi combo to bypass soundcard DAC's and the ADC stage of the miniDSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    I use the miniStreamer, 1 miniDigi and 2 2x4 kits with 2.1-Way ADV plugins for a 4-way system (Subs/MB on one board, MF/HF on the other). The 2.1 plugin has subwoofer mono summing, which is why I chose it over the 4-way plugin. I've had the 2x4's since early 2011, I added the miniStreamer and miniDigi boards last summer. One of the 2x4's failed, it was replaced under warranty.

I'm happy with the performance. I believe 3rd party measurements can be found at diyaudio.com in the miniDSP Manufacturer's Forum.

For best results, control volume either digitally with the potentiometer option or use separate controls between the miniDSP and power amps. If your power amps require more than .9 Vrms input to reach full rated output, consider the balanced miniDSP. If your source is a PC, I would recommend following the sweetwater.com PC Optimization Guide for your OS, along with the miniStreamer/miniDigi combo to bypass soundcard DAC's and the ADC stage of the miniDSP.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

To add- there is a steep learning curve and the documentation isn't always up to date. The following 2x4 configuration doc shows the previous 30 pin "Special Connectors", the current supplied connectors have 28 pins. One misplaced pin in this case could damage the boards and void your warranty.

http://www.minidsp.com/images/docume...miniDSP v1.pdf

Also, be careful when ordering, some parts are incompatible and the website/docs are not always clear. For example, the 2x4 kits will not work with the USBstreamer, DIGI-FP and VOL-FP. In this case the proper parts would be the miniStreamer, miniDIGI and Volume Control Pot.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information