Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L200 Restore

Aftermarket refoam kit for a pair of JBL 2235 (another common 15 inch woofer) is $30 from Rick Cobb - a reputable known vendor.
    I have to wonder what you are getting if the whole aftermarket cone is $100 ... I'm guessing that is each ...
    Is that the parts cost for the $140 recone job you mentioned earlier? Which would be $280/pr for aftermarket refurbs.
    Plus shipping - and hoping they pack them well.

That's getting near real money ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromarty View Post
    Ok so after a few busy weeks i was able to sit down and talk to the repair guys at Parts-express, They informed me that
    what they use is an aftermarket re-cone kit, also stating that they have done dozens of LE15b recones. I looked on the net
    for a re-cone kit that is JBL OEM but i haven't had any luck and speaker exchange website http://reconingspeakers.com/products...et-recone-kit/ says the JBL oem is no longer available..
    i've asked for before and after pictures of the LE15b repairs they have done and i am just waiting for the email.
    what do you guys think about it? for 100$ i'm pretty willing to take the plunge.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

> Given some recent comments from Edgewound , I'd send the pair out to him .

> The problem with the Le15B ( 2216 ) is that it's a transducer that JBL was so embarrassed about, that they refused to acknowledge it's mere existence & include it in any of their TS publications ( & that suggests a whole lot to me about it's deficiencies ).

> IOW, I'd want a ultra-savvy reconer who would suggest a way to improve upon the stock performance of the LE15B ( & then build up from there ).
    > Maybe the 2215A parameters would be useful ? .

Yes from parts-express it's 105$ each they said, the 140 original was for a different model (before i knew what mine was)
    so should i bag the LE15b drivers and find a better driver? or just see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromarty View Post
    Yes from parts-express it's 105$ each they said, the 140 original was for a different model (before i knew what mine was)
    so should i bag the LE15b drivers and find a better driver? or just see what happens?
    Have you asked Edgewound what HE would suggest??
    I'd do that first, then figure what your options are from there ...

I bumped mine to the 2234H drivers, cause I had a spare pair - so my opinions are colored ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information