Thread: Need to have a 2245 refoamed, anyone in San Jose Ca. area who can do this for me?

Need to have a 2245 refoamed, anyone in San Jose Ca. area who can do this for me?

Need to have a 2245 refoamed, anyone in San Jose Ca. area who can do this for me?

From what I have read on the board a 2245 is not a good first time refoam project.

Is there anyone local to me that I can pay to do this project?

Please send me a PM.

Thanks

A Brown Soun in San Rafael would be one choice. Try John Harrison at (415) 479-2124. Good shop, years (decades!) of experience. Also, www.abrown.com.

I use Dan Olsen at Audivex in Berkeley, though I have used Abroun Sound as well, Dan is a perfectionist - all my refoams have been perfectly done, while Abroun got goopy with the glue on a few. Here's his contact info:
    1345A Martin Luther King Junior Way Berkeley, CA 94709
    (510) 527-1391

Always call before you head in, as he's a one man shop and doesn't necessarily get there when his sign says he will. It takes a little patience, but I've been thrilled with the work he's done.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    I use Dan Olsen at Audivex in Berkeley, though I have used Abroun Sound as well, Dan is a perfectionist - all my refoams have been perfectly done, while Abroun got goopy with the glue on a few. Here's his contact info:
    1345A Martin Luther King Junior Way Berkeley, CA 94709
    (510) 527-1391

Always call before you head in, as he's a one man shop and doesn't necessarily get there when his sign says he will. It takes a little patience, but I've been thrilled with the work he's done.
    He may do good work but he is a big time flake in my book.
    I made an appointment with him to look at one of my sub1500's last year, drove out there in the rain and he never answered his door or phone while I waited under an awning in the rain for about 45 minutes. Plus I had to walk a block in the rain carrying the 30+ lbs driver with umbrella and on top of that it was a 50 mile round trip and a ruined day.

I will never call that guy again.

PS: Go to a PRO shop like A brown Sound or the like.

That doesn't surprise me - he seems to work on his own clock. I understand your frustration, but for me, the inconvenience is worth the quality of the work. Maybe our paths will cross on our respective drives to our reconers

Also I HATE the drive to A Broun - I have to fight my way through S.F., then another half hour, knowing I'm going to have to do it all again to get home, then repeat when they're done with the work.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by wsilva View Post

From what I have read on the board a 2245 is not a good first time refoam project.

Is there anyone local to me that I can pay to do this project?

Please send me a PM.

Thanks
    I have traveled up to A Brown. It is a hike for sure. They did a set of LE14H-1 surrounds. Very good results.

More locally I have had the shop below recone two sets of drivers for me. Never a surround-only job, though. They did a very good job on the recone. A JBL certified shop over by Mid town Safeway.

MSC Musician Service Center
    379 Meridian Avenue
    San Jose 95126
    (408) 297-7532
    David F
    San Jose

Thread Information