Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweeters! Just need help with something different... Juball II, Olympus (2405, 077)

Quote Originally Posted by SARRAFO View Post
    Because, it's not a home theater, and they do not have a speaker, just the components. I think a black horn with lenses and the tweeter in black, in a white modern living room will not fit... The gold will be amasing, but i was afraid...
    I will send a picture next week when i finish the room! I've just installed the Silver 15" Wilson Sub Woofers.
    I think you have your priorities reversed. One must decorate and furnish around the speakers

MA25 mounting/baffle kit

Quote Originally Posted by Mannermusic View Post
    That's all old stuff. Been there! You will have to restore every piece to original specs before you do anything. I guess you know that there is a 3/4" thick baffle that goes between the big serpentine lens and the cast aluminum horn (didn't see one in the photos). Will also have to check out the Luxman 2003 - they get old too. Those little cards can be adjusted if needed but are probably set to 500 and 7000 which is good. Try to find a manual for setting up the crossover. Back in the day, all that stuff sounded fantastic but, to be honest, it isn't easy to get it all up to speed - a lot of stuff interacting that can spoil the overall result. Takes know-how and patience. I'd find a JBL pro shop for starters, if you're really serious. They can give you an idea where to start and the cost involved. Not cheap or easy. Mike
    Just to follow up on the baffle mentioned above: The JBL kit MA25 included the baffle, mounting brackets & hardware to mount those horns on top of the enclosure. You can make the baffle yourself (24"X8"X3/4") but you gotta have it to make the horn/lens work correctly. Mike

Thread Information