Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING!!! scam alert !!

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Evidently that rat bastard stole Romy the Cat's Website Banner too!

Romy da Cat!! oh dear god ..!
    http://www.goodsoundclub.com/
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

WOW .. I didn't expect this much interest in this post..

I don't understand how this Douche STILL has good feedback. He collects your cash and then cancels the transaction immediately afterwards claiming that he never recieved payment ....then opens up a "payment not received case".
    I even sent him and E-BAY proof that payment was made (copy of receipts with all info) I also made a "stop-payment" the very next day, at which time the bank was then able to confirm that: YES the payment went through to the right account, and that he refuses to return the funds.
    heres the ebay item #... 251132431613
    and original listing HERE> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VITAVOX-Ho...p2047675.l2557

Part of the problem is that when someone on e-bay opens a "payment not received" case against you, you are then locked out of leaving feedback.
    I filed a report about this with my Local Police but it is unlikely to be resolved sue to the fact thet it is an international crime.

I'm just an avrerage audiophile who up till now was looking to find another Vitavox horn to match the one I already have ... I guess that I'll continue enjoying 811b's for a while longer then I thought.
    Last edited by Mr. Widget; 10-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Ouch. He is definitely a mofo. The best way to spend your lost $400 is to let every single audio forum about your story. One other possibility is that the eBay account has been hacked... BTW Did you try calling him?

http://www.goodsoundclub.com/
    Man that guy is one crazy dude with nice gear!

My appologies., I realise my if my first post doesn't exactly have a pleasant tone to it.
    I just thought to give the Audio Comunity a bit of a "heads up"
    @ Lee in Montreal "The best way to spend your lost $400 is to let every single audio forum about your story" ?
    No, just the one that I read the most.
    Yes I tried calling, the phone was answered, but I was hung up on, 2 times.. I have not had any response from anyone for 2 weeks now. so I supose it could be a hacked e-bay account. I found only a few snipets of information about Horn-academy otherwise. But obviously theres something "shifty" going on with Phil mundi/horn academy or whoever this is.

.. hopefuly this thread will save sombody from being ripped off and/or motivate Phil "mundi" Schaheys to make good on our deal.
    Last edited by ixlam; 10-12-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: formating

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    No Lee, look at the link above: Phil Mundi is not using Arai's plan, he is using Arai's measurement graphs, and he is relying on IKEA plate curves for his "Iwata" profile...
    So IKEA bowls won't give you that wood horn joy?

Attachment 57101
    now may i suggest Ikea only has to launch the Iwata "salade" in their food restaurants as the taste of (Sweden) Belgium

ps : salade (en français) = dodgy deal

ixlam, I can imagine how irritating this can be: we all face that sort of disagreement once in a while on ebay...

Maybe try the phone numbers shown here: http://horn.hebfree.org/vend/vds/vds.htm

ixlam,

Here's your link reworked into something that executes ; Item 251132431613

From my readings ( of Phil Mundi's past postings here at LHF ) he has very limited ( perhaps even non-existent ) english language skills, so I would expect direct communication ( through phone calls ) to fail ( if you were speaking english ) . He wouldn't even understand the intent of this thread unless it was properly translated for him. .

IMO, Your best recourse is with eBay's resolution process ( lengthy as it may be ) .

Since eBay has the most to lose here ( a loss of trust for their sales model being workable) , keep up the pressure on them ( by showing them your payment receipts , etc.. etc ) .
    - No doubt eBay doesn't like it that you didn't pay through PayPal ( which they own & profit from, when it's used ) .
    - Therefore , I would expect that they will drag out the "resolution process" to teach both parties involved ( that theirs is the "only" safe way to pay, blah, blah, blah ) .
    - Ultimately, with your proof of bank payment, any seller making a claim to the contrary ( I believe it becomes fraud, once proven ) risks losing his ability to sell on eBay . I highly doubt Phil wants things to go that far .

Thanks for the proper link Earl.
    Yes my atempt at communication over the phone was made in french...
    ...and unlike myself,, ebay doesn't lose the entire $400+/-, none-the-less I am certain they are not impressed.
    The case/dispute has now (2 days ago) been closed and moved over to their security deparment. Probably due to the fact that I have had no response from Horn-academy for over 2 weeks (=case unresolved). So it is now out of my hands.
    The last email I did receive from Phil was for me to "check with my bank", which I did via the stop-order that ultimately resulted in the trace and verification of the payment.
    I honestly hope that it is just some mix up at the banks end but this is unlikely since the trace points to Phils/horn-academy's account.

Well it seems that he's still in business, and I'm likely not the only one who's been ripped off by this clown.

His E-bay sales!

As long as he thinks he can steal from me, I have no issues exposing this guy for the scammer he is.
    So, heres' his contact info for any authorities who might read this or for anyonze who thinks they can help put the "squeee" on this guy:

I'd love to see this guy Face the music !
    Last edited by boputnam; 10-18-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks to internet, put "Phil Mundi", Horn-Academy" "eBay", "pavillon" and "scammer" in a post, chances are that if someone makes a search, that person will stumble on the post...

Thread Information