Thread: Trying to learn about equalizers - analog and digital - help please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trying to learn about equalizers - analog and digital - help please

Greetings,
    It has been awhile since I have been at LH.
    On to the matter at hand...
    I am 50 and my ears are shot on the top end from flying in small planes. I am considering trying to add an eq to my system to offset the hearing loss based on recent hearing tests results I have My system is currently a simple analogue 2 way system which I must say has recently benefited immensely from a pair of Rick's 4344's !!! They are simply stunning to listen to - thanks Rick - big time thanks.
    I understand from my internet searches that the meyer cp10 is the way to go if going analogue. I was looking at this Yamaha YDP2006 and considering using it in my system but can find no credible comment as to the quality of its output/analog circuits. The Behringer (as Bo's eyes rollback yet again..) DEQ2496 is fun to play with but its analog side is simply awful/unlistenable. (I do not have an outboard DAC at this time)

http://www.wesource.com/test-and-mea...izer-id-33592/

If someone would offer comments as to quality of the YDP's analog output or generally advise if I should stay with meyer cp 10 if eq'ing in analog, I would sure appreciate it. If there is a good digital eq folks would recommend I would consider modifying my system to accommodate it. Any pointers on where to learn more about pro/con of digital vs analogue eq'ing for simple 2 way audio would also be welcome.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by chilledspode; 10-08-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Edits based on new technical understanding...

Thread Information