Thread: The M9500 Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Mr. Widget
    I have noticed a marked improvement in the upper bass and lower midrange of the 1500AL over the 2235H in a system where I am crossing over around 600-650Hz.

I notice similar subjective results using the ME150 with its' 1/2" deep gap when compared to a 2235h or even a 2225h. A 2220a with a 2225h cone kit is somewhat in the middle - for transient response. ( I have a pair that I may "foam" into 223?? to lower the Fs ) .

I don't want to bury the le14 series at all. I dearly love these woofers . They are quite special. A few weeks ago, here at the forum on a similar topic ( I forget which thread ), I read my own older words about the upper mid response of the le14 being - "dead like cardboard ". As I stated, this prompted me to use an le10 over the horn in my MTM arrangement . I still stand by those words/practice but I feel the words/emotion I used was over stated. Recently, I've listened to one of my le14a woofs fullrange - my immediate impression was : "What a nice sound, with a really nice controlled response ". I did the same ( full-range) test on the ME150H for A/B purposes - the le14a won hands down . The recently posted response graph in the LE14H-1 Freq. Range (thread ) might give the opposite impression for the le14h. I have a pair so I guess I should give them a listen to see if they are markedly different from older le14a(s) .
    What's all this mean ? I don't know, maybe a person just needs to follow his own instincts/ears and damn the torpedoes ???

<> Earl K
    Last edited by Earl K; 10-05-2004 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information