Thread: Baffle/Cabinet Plans of the 4343?

Baffle/Cabinet Plans of the 4343?

Hi All,
    Back a couple of weeks, I asked for construction plans for the 4344 [Not the MkII] having read Ian's and, Ian & Bo's 4344/4345 wonderful and information filled threads- and about everything I can find on these wonderful 4-way designs.

However, what I would really like to do is build/replicate a pair of the ones that really got things "on the map", so to speak: The 4343 !

Does anyone have drawings, sketches,etc., of these wonderful monitors? I am well aware from the many threads of their faults, BUT, still
    wish to replicate a pair for myself, worts 'an all! I plan to use to the best that I can to the closest match of the original drivers,etc., used in
    the originals.

Can anyone be of assistance? [short of calling me "fool"...!]

Many Thanks,

Steve

...Nobody..?

I was hoping someone could direct me to where I may be able to "find" this information [4343 baffle layout,box design]...
    ..unless it is 'restricted information'...???

DogBox

Steve

I have a friend with a pair of these. I am going to see him next week and I will see what I can find for you. What exactly are you looking for? I'm sure we won't take them apart but we can physically measure and photograph them I'm sure.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Hi 1audiohack,
    Hey Thanks! If it was possible to take some measurements from the top or bottom of the actual baffle board and off the right or left side so that the drivers,etc., will end up in the same place when I make a replica copy of the 4343 cabinet baffle. I have been able to determine how most of the bracing and positioning/size of the mid-chamber [can't use that other term, can I..!! I'm not finished yet!]
    So positioning of 2405's- both sides; position of 2420; position of 2121 and the size up from the bottom of the top baffle to the row accross of L-Pads. As far as I can determine, the top rotatable part is 597mm square; curious to know how close I am..
    ..And the position of one of the ports, as I will understand it would be the same both sides and the distance up from the bottom of the baffle to the bottom of the 2231. And the size/height of that lower baffle. How wide IS that edge from the front of the box to the baffle?
    Hey, seems like a lot to ask... I would greatly appreciate it! THANKS!!!

Steve
    Last edited by DogBox; 09-04-2012 at 02:43 AM. Reason: typo

Will do.

Truely amazing 1audiohack!!! I'll look forward to when you get back. Enjoy your time with your friend!

Thanks Again!!

DogBox

I was thinking I might create a drawing but I thought again.

Let's try this, all dimensions are from the edge of the baffle where the blue meets the wood:

The top of the 2405 is 1.500" from the top and 2.875" from the side.

The top of the HF horn is 2.125" from the top, 4..250" diameter and on center left to right.

The top of the 2121 is 8.125" from the top and on center left to right.

The 2231 is 1.000" up from the bottom and also on center left to right.

The ports are 4.00" diameter, 1.000" from the side and 1.750" up from the bottom. The port length is 8.250"

The foil cal is 1.000" below the 2121 and the center pot is centered. I neglected to measure the pot center to center distance. I can get that dimension you need it.

The grill frame is 2.750" from front to rear and from 0.500" from the rear (the monting surface) it tapers down 0.250"

The badge positioned as shown is 1.000" from the top and 0.875" from the edge.

The overall baffle dimensions are 39.250" X 23.000" The internal cabinet depth is 14.000" from the front of the baffle. The mid-high baffle is square of course so that it can be rotated should you want to lay the cabinet on it's side.

The overall outside dimensioins of the cabinet are 41.000" X 25.000" X 15.250"

Hope that helps! (:

All the best,
    Barry.Name:  IMG_9766.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  137.5 KBName:  IMG_9761.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  97.2 KB

Hi 1audiohack,

Thankyou SO VERY MUCH!! You "have very nearly" given a drawing with measurements- you gave the sizes and you gave a beautiful picture to follow!

Thanks again,

DogBox
    Steve

Hi Steve;

Glad to have been able to help. I am looking forward to seeing how you get on with these! Don't forget to show us.

All the best,
    Barry.

Hi 1audiohack,
    What I hope to do Barry, is from your measurements: make up a detailed drawing of the 4343 baffle, so that anyone who can follow a drawing/plan should get things in their proper places. That drawing is in progress as we speak.
    I also saw on your ebay over there, some 4343 boxes that have been stripped right back, giving me a good look inside and how the 'bracing' was done on those cabinets.
    I'ts good to get all the information and then put it in one package!
    I also noticed a few discrepancies in the brochure measurements to what you gave me, which doesn't surprise as I have found similar errors from other written info relating to physical sizes and/or imperial/metric conversions. You measured the real thing- just what I needed!!!!
    Many thanks again!

DogBox
    Steve
    Last edited by DogBox; 10-02-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Typo

At Last...!

Hi 1audiohack and all,

Hope this is readable. I kept the measurements in inches as that was what I got them in.

DogBox
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DogBox View Post
    Hi 1audiohack and all,

Hope this is readable. I kept the measurements in inches as that was what I got them in.

DogBox
    Hello,
    nice to do that drawing, but i thought US had now taken the metric system....
    jean

Quote Originally Posted by jf65 View Post
    Hello,
    nice to do that drawing, but i thought US had now taken the metric system....
    jean
    Nope - its here, but its not the lead system for regular folks.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    .... for regular folks.
    Hi jf65,

I could have [and still can easily; just convert to decimal and multiply by 25.4 to get 'mm' ] dimensioned the drawing in Metric, as we now

are here in Australia, but as I said; 1audiohack was kind enough to "get me" the measurements, so I kept to whatever "he" gave them to

me in... So, Imperial was it.

DogBox

Thread Information