Thread: Disco City...........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Disco City...........

So 3-5 times a year I do a DJ night for fun at various local venues; old school stuff. People seem to like it. Anyway, I always set up a conventional 2 ch setup in the front of the area. Coming up I'm going to use more gear and put speakers "in the four corners of the dance floor room". Not that it completely matters in this setting, but do you suggest keep a semblance of stereo with same channels on same side of room, or what about having channels fire at each other diagonally across the room. I know, heady stuff, this.

Mr. DJ: Jim Fosgate called and said get out of his dream. (Er, the four speakers dream, not the Disco music) I think the Foz would want the left channel on stage right front and back, and the right channel on stage left front and back.

Out.

Ha ha, good one. Maybe mono for the whole room. No, really, it'll be just as you said. I will make the crowd dance facing me, at my command. The power of the DJ is absolute.

In the shop I work, the floor area is 200' x 140 and I alternate the channels so no matter where your standing or walking you get the right and left channel. I 1st tried the left channel on one, wall right channel on the other. In other words Left channel on 1 end of the opposite walls and right channel on the other end. When I swapped them with the Right and left channel one side and turning myself 180 degrees and going left and right on the other wall I had stereo no matter which corner I was standing. That configuration worked out best no matter where you were on the floor.

That was my original thought.

Thread Information