Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: D2430K compression driver information?

Sorry, I did not run any impedance measurement on them, and I returned the pair to the seller (after having tried to replace just one, but the replacement I received also had "issues").
    My conclusion is that those drivers are too fragile to be bought used, the faston terminals especially: gently pushing a terminal during measurement could change distortion figures by up to 20dB...
    Name:  D2430K faston problem.jpg
Views: 5077
Size:  61.3 KB
    (lower traces are 3rd distortion)

Knowing that one cannot buy replacement diaphragms...
    No thanks, not for me, not even new and enclosed in a speaker...

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Sorry, I did not run any impedance measurement on them, and I returned the pair to the seller (after having tried to replace just one, but the replacement I received also had "issues").
    My conclusion is that those drivers are too fragile to be bought used, the faston terminals especially: gently pushing a terminal during measurement could change distortion figures by up to 20dB...
    Name:  D2430K faston problem.jpg
Views: 5077
Size:  61.3 KB
    (lower traces are 3rd distortion)

Knowing that one cannot buy replacement diaphragms...
    No thanks, not for me, not even new and enclosed in a speaker...

Hi POS,

Thank You for the measurements You have done. I do not know what kind of horn You have used, but the response over 13-14 kHz is not promising too much. May be the driver was faulty...

Regards
    Ivica

Hi Ivica

Please disregard the amplitude response in this measurement: I use an uncalibrated 1/2" mic for distortion measurement (although I should calibrate it really...)

Measurements and comparisons using a much flatter 1/4" mic can be found here.

The three D2430K I measured had all pretty much the exact same amplitude response, faulty or not, with or without fiddling with the terminals...

BMS now has a driver with dual diaphragms, the 4599ND

The BMS 4599ND dual diaphragm driver incorporates two identical 3.5” concentric annular ring diaphragms, connected to a common 2” throat, providing extremely high acoustical output.
    It is available from USSpeaker. They have a version with aluminium demodulation rings, the 4599NDHE. There is no information from BMS on this driver yet.
    Last edited by more10; 12-01-2014 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Added 4599NDHE

Quote Originally Posted by more10 View Post
    BMS now has a driver with dual diaphragms, the 4599ND

It is available from USSpeaker. They have a version with aluminum demodulation rings, the 4599NDHE. There is no information from BMS on this driver yet.
    Hi,
    The shown data is promising concerning the SHD and THD, but the frequency response is (on my opinion) fare from being useful ( less then 10kHz)
    If in BMS would decide to enhance the F/R , I believe that they have to develop a new type of horn, so may be some horn such as M2 with the "stiffen" part of the throat (in order to introduce a kind of "soft diffraction slot" in order to enhance the horn coverage angles at higher frequency) would become available.

Reagrds
    ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images  

but the frequency response is (on my opinion) fare from being useful
    It is a midrange driver. Not comparable to the JBL D2. Maybe they will introduce a dual diaphragm driver with smaller VC?

Quote Originally Posted by more10 View Post
    It is a midrange driver. Not comparable to the JBL D2. Maybe they will introduce a dual diaphragm driver with smaller VC?
    Hi more10,

as I have remembered D2430K has 3.5-inch annular ring dual membrane,
    and mentioned BMS 4599 has 3.5-inch annular ring dual membrane,
    so just from that point of view they are very similar,
    but the rest ( phase plug-s, VC coil weight , etc...) thing are not know (to me).

reagrds
    ivica

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    If you are talking about the new studio monitor thread, it was removed at the request of JBL Pro. Once the scheduled release date has passed there should be no problem.
    So you guys removed A thread without given reason and now it still isn't back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    So you guys removed A thread without given reason and now it still isn't back yet?
    Reason was given, JBL requested it. It's currently Posted Here.

Both statements in your post seem to be from left field.

d2430h or d2430k

What is the difference between d2430h and d2430k. Lower frequency response for the d2430k?

Hello, no need to spam three different threads with the same question

My guess is that these are the same drivers, but wired differently: D2430K as used in the M2 and VTX F12 have their two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in series for 20/32 ohm load (hence the letter K, as it seem they skipped letter I and went directly to J for 16 ohm for some strange reasons), whereas the D2430H as found in the VTX M20 would be a 5/8 ohm version with the two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in parallel (hence the letter H) for increased sensitivity.
    If that is the case going from one to the other would just be a matter of using a different wiring schema, and I'd bet the D2430H has a D2430K foilcal.

(hence the letter K, as it seem they skipped letter I and went directly to J for 16 ohm for some strange reasons)...
    Probably just to avoid confusion with I and 1, a few letter to number codes do this or similar.

Best wishes
    David

Anyone here who knows where to buy the D2ś
    Flodstroem

Hello, no need to spam three different threads with the same question

My guess is that these are the same drivers, but wired differently: D2430K as used in the M2 and VTX F12 have their two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in series for 20/32 ohm load (hence the letter K, as it seem they skipped letter I and went directly to J for 16 ohm for some strange reasons), whereas the D2430H as found in the VTX M20 would be a 5/8 ohm version with the two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in parallel (hence the letter H) for increased sensitivity.
    If that is the case going from one to the other would just be a matter of using a different wiring schema, and I'd bet the D2430H has a D2430K foilcal.

....my d2430h make 32ohms. I bought on ebay. They was used. I have made the measure without horn at 2 inch of distance. I don't know if this measure is good. I find the attenuation strong in its the acute

MAESUREMENT REW FILES

Quote Originally Posted by globulegl View Post
    ....my d2430h make 32ohms. I bought on ebay. They was used. I have made the measure without horn at 2 inch of distance. I don't know if this measure is good. I find the attenuation strong in its the acute

MAESUREMENT REW FILES
    Hi globulegl,

I have no idea the application of the CD drivers WITHOUT horn, not to measure the meaning of 2-inch distance measurements.
    As I have remembered CD drivers have to be measured from over 1m distance, say 2m better, if the full driver-horn response
    is of the interest (in the home listening environment).
    For large aerial environment distance about 3m would be better.

regards
    ivica

Thread Information