Thread: D2430K compression driver information?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

D2430K compression driver information?

The new D2430K looks impressive but there is no real information on the JBL website or in earlier threads here.
    Has anyone here seen the AES preprint number 8502 by Alex Voishvillo or tested this driver?
    A response curve would be nice if the paper is not available.
    Does anyone know the price in the USA?

Dave Zan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan View Post
    The new D2430K looks impressive but there is no real information on the JBL website or in earlier threads here.
    Has anyone here seen the AES preprint number 8502 by Alex Voishvillo or tested this driver?
    A response curve would be nice if the paper is not available.
    Does anyone know the price in the USA?

Dave Zan
    May be interesting reading:

http://www.google.com/patents/US20110085692

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/p...ies_line_array

Regards
    Ivica

Thank you for the reply.
    I had read the patent but there is no real data - I want a response curve!
    I hoped that some of the keen measurement experts would have compared it other JBL drivers.
    Since I am not a member of the AES the $20 for one paper seems a bit expensive.
    No members here who want to read about JBL's latest hot invention?

Best wishes
    David

I think there was some borrowing or sharing of design on the driver from the BMS coaxial drivers. The exploded views look very similar. In the past I think there has been a JBL BMS collaboration on some of the cone compression drivers used in the JBL AE series boxes.
    http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=693

Yes it looks similar to the BMS idea, but the new patent application is by Harman and their employee Alex Voishvillo and the driver is Mexican built so it looks like they don't want to collaborate any more
    But what does it cost and what's the response like?
    If any AES member wants to read the paper and send me a copy then I will be happy to pay for it.

Best wishes
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan View Post
    Yes it looks similar to the BMS idea, but the new patent application is by Harman and their employee Alex Voishvillo and the driver is Mexican built so it looks like they don't want to collaborate any more
    But what does it cost and what's the response like?
    If any AES member wants to read the paper and send me a copy then I will be happy to pay for it.

Best wishes
    David
    It seems to me that on D2430 two diaphragms per driver (totally 4 ) are applied in some kind of 'push-pull' or compound construction while on BMS there are 'single' diaphragm per driver (totally 2)

Regards
    Ivica

d2430h or d2430k

What is the difference between d2430h and d2430k. Lower frequency response for the d2430k?

Hello, no need to spam three different threads with the same question

My guess is that these are the same drivers, but wired differently: D2430K as used in the M2 and VTX F12 have their two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in series for 20/32 ohm load (hence the letter K, as it seem they skipped letter I and went directly to J for 16 ohm for some strange reasons), whereas the D2430H as found in the VTX M20 would be a 5/8 ohm version with the two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in parallel (hence the letter H) for increased sensitivity.
    If that is the case going from one to the other would just be a matter of using a different wiring schema, and I'd bet the D2430H has a D2430K foilcal.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    (hence the letter K, as it seem they skipped letter I and went directly to J for 16 ohm for some strange reasons)...
    Probably just to avoid confusion with I and 1, a few letter to number codes do this or similar.

Best wishes
    David

Anyone here who knows where to buy the D2ś
    Flodstroem

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Hello, no need to spam three different threads with the same question

My guess is that these are the same drivers, but wired differently: D2430K as used in the M2 and VTX F12 have their two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in series for 20/32 ohm load (hence the letter K, as it seem they skipped letter I and went directly to J for 16 ohm for some strange reasons), whereas the D2430H as found in the VTX M20 would be a 5/8 ohm version with the two 10/16 ohm diaphragms wired in parallel (hence the letter H) for increased sensitivity.
    If that is the case going from one to the other would just be a matter of using a different wiring schema, and I'd bet the D2430H has a D2430K foilcal.

....my d2430h make 32ohms. I bought on ebay. They was used. I have made the measure without horn at 2 inch of distance. I don't know if this measure is good. I find the attenuation strong in its the acute

MAESUREMENT REW FILES

Quote Originally Posted by globulegl View Post
    ....my d2430h make 32ohms. I bought on ebay. They was used. I have made the measure without horn at 2 inch of distance. I don't know if this measure is good. I find the attenuation strong in its the acute

MAESUREMENT REW FILES
    Hi globulegl,

I have no idea the application of the CD drivers WITHOUT horn, not to measure the meaning of 2-inch distance measurements.
    As I have remembered CD drivers have to be measured from over 1m distance, say 2m better, if the full driver-horn response
    is of the interest (in the home listening environment).
    For large aerial environment distance about 3m would be better.

regards
    ivica

Thread Information