Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Everest dd67000

Maron Horonzakz
    Like ive said before on this forum,,,If JBL wont support the customer following,,I wont support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Like ive said before on this forum,,,If JBL wont support the customer following,,I wont support them.
    That's not unreasonable, however even though I own a pair of the DD66000s and would love to upgrade, I'm certainly not going to kick my speakers to the curb because they aren't 1%-5% better.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    That fact is painfully evident in how Harman packages their transducers for shipment. Even if the upgrade transducers for the DD66000 were available, they'd most likely get damaged, destroyed or stolen enroute, so why even go there. This is NOT the eighties where you could buy the L250 to 250Ti upgrade kit and receive a well thought out product upgrade in first class packaging.
    Sorry, but to me, it just sounds like a bad excuse.
    If Jbl wanted, they could..

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    That's not unreasonable, however even though I own a pair of the DD66000s and would love to upgrade, I'm certainly not going to kick my speakers to the curb because they aren't 1%-5% better.

Widget
    Yeah... the whole "obsolete in the blink of an eye" thing has been pretty stale for quite awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yeah... the whole "obsolete in the blink of an eye" thing has been pretty stale for quite awhile now.
    That is such a valid point. If you have a statement product that costs a small fortune and subsequently start offering a better version with no upgrade option , well thats just all set to PO the original buyers.
    Foolish and short sighted but thats Harman marketing all over. Its been that way since I had dealings with them and it seems to have become worse.
    I mean to say , in this instance what would it take to work in an upgrade pack with a retro fit option. For a speaker that cost the original buyer 40-50K then 5-10k would not be a big hurt.

As an aside Linn turntables cleverly in some respects continue to offer a complete series of extensive upgrades within the original format , some of which are 10x the value of the original turntable.
    For example http://app.audiogon.com/listings/lin...upgrade-as-new , this is just the chassis component of the turntable. This component will fit with no mods into a stock 1976 deck !! No existing customer is left out in the cold.

I say hire Ivor Tiefenbrun as head of marketing for JBL in general

check this out

I am not putting any faith into this at all. I just thought all of you would get a bang out of this.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/ful...akers-auckland
    S4700 owner.

My lord!

Fs of 1501al-2 is only 30hz

Fs of 1501al-1 is 20hz

My lord!

Thread Information