Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everest dd67000

The issue with such wide systems is that the box location for the best bass response is seldom the best location for the best imaging.

The tall boy designs are far easier to engineer for a smooth in room bass response in a domestic environment than the wide low boy designs.

The pronounced low end of the larger blue baffle monitiors in a domestic environment is in many ways the name sake of the classic JBL signature sound that so many of us relate to when we associate with the JBL brand . For the technically inclined the reason behind that bass is aggressive system tuning often above 30 hertz.

If however you find a 4344 flush mounted into a wall like the contemporary Jazz Bar I visited in Tokyo the bass is smooth and detailed.

This is because there is no boundary reflection.

In contrast the more contemporary systems with the banana curve tuning are such that the box can be put much closer to a wall boundary in a domestic environment and the result is a smooth bass response.

This will not please everyone and some even say the newer systems have amore HiFi voicing as a result.

Perhaps this is why JBL Japan current market both ranges.

That's an insightful comment, Ian. Sorry you won't make it for Sept. 15th to hear the K2 S9900s with GT in the house. I'll hold a spot open just in case.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Thats quite a lot. How much sensitivity is lost?
    None

You can see the specs at harman japan

No more battery on XO network on the dd67000

and the bass driver has pulp fome pulp cone with pleated surround intresting

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    and why do you think this, Martin ? Have you heard this system ?
    I haven't yet.from other brand tall and thin speakers listening experiences such as Dynaudio,PMC etc,they will not give you nature and relax low frequency like JBL big drivers do.
    In fact,JBL rarely has small speaker systems
    Maybe this one is a JBL nice try.
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I concur with your opinion, Martin. Looks play an important role in these things. Especially in areas where this is a significant factor, attractiveness is a key motivator.

Many here have made their own wonderful custom speakers using JBL and other components, and we often rave at the looks and the quality of construction. We can never hear them, but we believe they are awesome nonetheless because they look so amazing.

I will say however, that a "slim" system like the K2 S9900 appeals to me more than an Everest II DD66000, or a "slim" 4430 appeals more than a 4435, because they both look and sound better in the kinds of environments I can provide. So, it's not always about caring more about room decoration than sound quality. It's also about the right speaker for the room, Hopefully, we find both an attractive speaker and good room compatibility in the same loudspeaker.
    But K2 S9900 and 4430 never are "slim" system,i think the system within 10' drivers can be called slim system
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    No more battery on XO network on the dd67000

and the bass driver has pulp fome pulp cone with pleated surround intresting
    No battery on XO like 4365?
    I personally prefer foam surround to rubber surround
    46 lover

once above $20k/speaker, what is target audience for the 65000 with Mg drivers instead of 67000 Be?

and it was only a matter of time til the Everest used the accordion surrounds of the L100
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    once above $20k/speaker, what is target audience for the 65000 with Mg drivers instead of 67000 Be?

and it was only a matter of time til the Everest used the accordion surrounds of the L100
    Got a point

Obsolete
    I have no idea.
    Yeah but the 1501AL-3 is alnico and accordion surround done right. <edit> Well... mostly right... It isn't manufactured in Northridge, CA. Doh! FAIL!

I haven't had time to put the networks into LEAP to show the voltage drive differences between the DD65000 and DD67000 yet, just not enough free time right now.
    Last edited by 4313B; 09-06-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: qualification

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    But K2 S9900 and 4430 never are "slim" system,i think the system within 10' drivers can be called slim system
    Compared to Everest II DD66000, K2 S9900 is slim. Compared to 4435, 4430 is slim. Putting two 15" drivers, or two 12" drivers, or two 10" drivers or even two 8" (4612 OK) drivers side-by-side makes too wide a baffle for my tastes and too big a cabinet for most rooms.

Now if you are redefining the discussion to two or more similar drivers in a vertical row, that's a different topic. JBL has a long history of doing that, both with active and passive drivers: L150, L220, SVA Series, Northridge N, S, and E Series, etc. Is the L220 slim? or the L150?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post

I like cloth surrounds too
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Compared to Everest II DD66000, K2 S9900 is slim. Compared to 4435, 4430 is slim. Putting two 15" drivers, or two 12" drivers, or two 10" drivers or even two 8" (4612 OK) drivers side-by-side makes too wide a baffle for my tastes and too big a cabinet for most rooms.

Now if you are redefining the discussion to two or more similar drivers in a vertical row, that's a different topic. JBL has a long history of doing that, both with active and passive drivers: L150, L220, SVA Series, Northridge N, S, and E Series, etc. Is the L220 slim? or the L150?
    I know you that just don't like these "fat boys" side by side,don't you?but they are still very big for most people.
    My point of view is that the woofers of the speakers are 10'(even 8') and in a vertical row that can be called slim speakers
    46 lover

Obsolete
    I think they look pretty damn cool.

Twelves would have been too large.

They have a decent sensitivity at 92 dB and decent extension.

Box is 3.1 cu ft tuned to 31.5 Hz. The 1200FE's would have arguably required another cu ft to compete.

"They sound just like a mini S4700"
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by 4313B; 09-07-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Added page 10 with values

Thread Information