Thread: JBL M2 vs 4367... 250Ti

JBL M2 vs 4367... 250Ti

Hello all. I finally decided to register and post instead of just lurking.

Has anyone compared the M2 to the 4367? If so what are your thoughts? I'm very familiar with the D2430k as I use them every day and am continually amazed by it. I'm not a big fan of the general concept of a 15" and a HF driver, but I can't ignore what I hear.

I got to hear the 4 pre-release versions of the M2 in Northridge a couple of years ago and am finally considering purchasing the M2's or 4367's speakers for my home system. Also I know my cost (as a dealer) on the M2, sub, and Crown IT5k-HD's, but what is the 4367 going for?

I'll be adding these to my 240Ti's, L20t, and L100t's. (If anyone knows where a good set of 250Ti's can be obtained I would love to find a pair of them as well. Preferably like the white ones that were in Greg Timber's Nothridge office)

Thanks everyone

-Brian

I've been wondering what happened to those white 250Tis ever since I heard that Greg was let go. I always saw them whenever I visited Greg's office. I never thought to ask him if they belonged to him or to Harman, so I don't know if he took them or if they're still sitting in a dark, empty office, waiting for some love from someone who can truly appreciate them.

BTW, if you haven't yet heard a production version of the M2 you're in for a treat—it's miles better than any of the pre-release versions that I heard when they were developing the DSP algorithms.

250Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And yes. I have heard the final version M2's, but not the 4367's, thus my query. I also have VTX-F15's of which share the D2430k and have the 2265H and Crown IT5k-HD's. Modifications and improvements to the 2265 like the special VC wire and different cone lead to the 2216nd. I'm still not the biggest fan of 15"-two way, but the F15, and especially the M2 are impressive!

To my ears the M2 sounds much more like a 1-way speaker than it does a multi-way speaker. An open window through which whatever is on the recording is transmitted almost completely unmolested.

P.S. Great photo of GT!

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    To my ears the M2 sounds much more like a 1-way speaker than it does a multi-way speaker. An open window through which whatever is on the recording is transmitted almost completely unmolested.
    It changed my game.

Hello Brian, welcome on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundDiva13 View Post
    I got to hear the 4 pre-release versions of the M2 in Northridge a couple of years ago
    I would be very curious to know the different revisions the M2 got through before final release.
    I read on several occasions that the first iterations were not well received among the listeners, but I don't know if you got to hear those alpha versions.
    IIRC 4313B alluded to the fact that the first iterations were using PT waveguides (probably the 100°x100° 12" square one, or a 15" version of it).

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Hello Brian, welcome on the forum.

I would be very curious to know the different revisions the M2 got through before final release.
    I read on several occasions that the first iterations were not well received among the listeners, but I don't know if you got to hear those alpha versions.
    IIRC 4313B alluded to the fact that the first iterations were using PT waveguides (probably the 100°x100° 12" square one, or a 15" version of it).

All four of the M2's I saw/heard had the 15" horn. It's not like a got a long time to listen to them, but it was in the listening room for a short demo on "educated listening."

I recently heard the 4367s and was mightily impressed. Naturally you start to think, I wonder how much better the M2s are? Has anyone heard both? What are your thoughts?

Thread Information