Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 250TI Jubilee spikes

CLASS A

250TI Jubilee spikes

Dear all
    I have recieved my pair of 250 ti jubilee last week and absolutly over the moon with them. My concern is regarding the stability of the speakers. I have concret floor with carpet and as the speakers only have round metal feets, they rock about when I gently push them. I m sure there must be a better solution to get them sitting firm. Unfortuneatly, there is no way to remove the round feets, I have taken out the cross over to look inside and there are no screws attaching the feets within. Have any of you got a better solution to stabilize the speakers.
    I have also noticed with I took the cross over out to realise the capacitors used are of low grade quality ( elna ) blue in color. Has anyone used better quality capacitors and of what make.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CLASS A; 09-27-2004 at 02:30 AM.

Obsolete
    The bypass capacitors go a long way in improving the performance of the larger capacitors.

One can also use charge-coupled Solen capacitors to great effect.

The most expensive route is to replace all the stock capacitors with SoniCaps. They don't require charge-coupling or bypass capacitors.

CLASS A
    Originally posted by Giskard
    The bypass capacitors go a long way in improving the performance of the larger capacitors.

The most expensive route is to replace all the stock capacitors with SoniCaps. They don't require charge-coupling or bypass capacitors.
    Thanks so much for that Giskard. The physical size of capacitors will be the limiting factor of choice. If I change to the solen charged coupled capacitors, do you think I will get a worth while improvement for the cost involved and if I go the whole hog and choose the sonicaps, do you think they will fit within the network and what sort of improvements can I expect?.
    Thanks again..

CLASS A

The jubilee cross over network has the charged coupled version. There is a 9V battery connected.

Obsolete
    Yes, capacitor size can be a real problem if you are sticking with the stock network boards.

The problem with systems like the Jubilee is that it costs considerable cash to start trying various solutions due to the complexity of the networks.

Charge-coupled Solens versus SoniCaps, versus stock... huge cash layout for the sake of a decent A/B.

Does your version have charge coupled bypass capacitors in addition to the main capacitors?

CLASS A
    Yes, capacitor size can be a real problem if you are sticking with the stock network boards.

The problem with systems like the Jubilee is that it costs considerable cash to start trying various solutions due to the complexity of the networks.

Charge-coupled Solens versus SoniCaps, versus stock... huge cash layout for the sake of a decent A/B.

Does your version have charge coupled bypass capacitors in addition to the main capacitors?
    I m not sure, whats the differences?. I only saw all of the capacitors being the same size and same color ( blue Elna )
    cheers

Obsolete
    The bypass capacitors are very small and are usually located next to their larger capacitors. Can you post a picture?

CLASS A
    The bypass capacitors are very small and are usually located next to their larger capacitors. Can you post a picture?
    I will take a digital photo soon and e mail it to you.
    Thanks.

CLASS A
    Giskard

here is one of 3 photos of the network. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CLASS A
    2nd

Is there a battery?

CLASS A
    3rd

CLASS A
    Originally posted by Don C
    Is there a battery?
    yes, there is a 9v battery.

CLASS A
    here is my set up....

Obsolete
    The bypass caps are the little blue doohickies. Try AUDIOCAP PPT THETA .010uF-600V FILM/FOIL CAPACITOR in their place. These caps sound fantastic biased (charge-coupled) or un-biased. Buy a few and try them before buying a whole bunch.

Thread Information