Hello everyone!
Then the time came for me to sign up! Just wrote a good presentation of my DIY speakers, and then the whole went white on this webpage... So you will only get the shorter one now (autosave does NOT work). I have come across this site many times when searching for old speaker constructions, and I must say, you guys love old speaker stuff! And I´m totally with you!! This spring I finished my Altec 828 project. I have bin around full range speakers for some years, and I have had a great experience with my latest Fostex FX200 project. I wanted to bring the system closer to the stage in musical expression, and have heard good and bad things about Altec horns. I wanted to give it a shoot to see what I could bring to the surface. I´ve always loved the look of the horns, and the discipline of designing good ones. This is mys first horn project, and it brings a lot of joy. I started out with buying some old 416-16z, then the idea of horn appeared, and why not try out a high sensitivity system. So this spring I finished the 828 cabs.

Enjoy:

Name:  Import fra telefon 946.jpg
Views: 4397
Size:  81.8 KBName:  Import fra telefon 952.jpg
Views: 4074
Size:  380.5 KBName:  Import fra telefon 889.jpg
Views: 3691
Size:  69.4 KBName:  Import fra telefon 949.jpg
Views: 3994
Size:  61.2 KB

Speakerunits in the system at the moment: JBL 2226H, Radian PB850-16 in 2380a horn, crossed at 800 Hz, 1. order

This is a system that will stay! It is a step in the right direction! even thou I´m only about 10% done

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best
Martin