Thread: 4333A driver integration

4333A driver integration

The JBL bug is once again biting I`m debating picking up a pair of fixer uppers but I`m a little concerned that the drivers may not have sufficient room to properly gel.
    Room is roughly 18 x 14 and speakers would form an equal 9 ft triangle to the listening position, think that would work?

scorpio
    Mike,
    For what it's worth, I'm using 4344's in a roughly 15 x 14 room. I have them about 3ft from the back wall, and I'm listening close to the opposite end of the room, must be something like 9ft from the speakers. I don't feel any issue with driver integrations, in the end, the key drivers in these designs are very close to each other, almost like listening to a smaller speaker. I am sure that a larger room would be better, but yours should work OK if you really want to go that way.

FYI as well, the two 'long' walls of my room are packed floor to ceiling with bookshelves containing lots of books, my CD's and LP's etc, so the room is quite damped thanks to this, but it also diminish the actual floor space!

Cheers

scorpio
    PS - my current rooms has nothing to do with my avatar, I really should change that pictures, it's from several years ago...

I'm running 4345s in a room that's 11 x 16. Speakers are 10-feet apart center-to-center (9-feet edge to edge), angled to a listening position 9-feet from the baffles. Sounds great and I have them jammed into corners. The room is also packed with "stuff" which I'm sure helps. Recently removed the rugs to expose more hardwood flooring and noticed no difference. I'm sure yours will work fine.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thats encourageing. Being main control room monitors, there must be cases where speaker to mix position distances are less than the 9 feet I would have to work with.
    Last thing I`d want is to hear distinct low/mid/highs and not a uniform musical presentation.
    I`m thinking the trick would be to get the enclosures off the ground a foot or so in order to get the mid horn and tweeter approximatley at ear level.

Thread Information