Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LE-10H advice

I've been wanting to buy my LE111H surrounds from Audio Friends. (LE10H is the same basic driver)
    http://www.audiofriends.com/

In a long-buried post it was noted that their surround foam for these drivers was much closer to the original thickness and compliance than the kits from Rick Cobb. They also list a kit for the 115H, which Rick does not have.

thanks for that. Can you link to the thread?
    Main: PC (optimised) ->U2 Sabre async-> Slagleformer-> Job 225-> L96-> SVS SB12NSD. Bedroom: Audio-GD NFB6-> LCR 6328P

I remember when I did my LE10H (L96) with the kits from Orange Co, they were pretty stiff at first but loosened up after a few hours of ample power being applied.
    I'm not sure most folks would hear much difference, especially after break-in. Also the thinner foam won't last as long. Jes sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by berf View Post
    Thanks. That reminds me I need to *finally* install the custom 3113B XO's I bought for my L96's. Should be fairly straightforward. Anyone in the London area up for it, for a fee of course?.

Name:  DSCF1691.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  87.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    I remember when I did my LE10H (L96) with the kits from Orange Co, they were pretty stiff at first but loosened up after a few hours of ample power being applied. I'm not sure most folks would hear much difference, especially after break-in. Also the thinner foam won't last as long. Jes sayin'.

Thinking of buying a pair of these Hypex NC400 at some point. 200 watts into 8 ohms and 0.7 milliohms Zout. Not sure subs will be that necessary with this degree of woofer control:

http://www.hypex.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&I temid=102
    Main: PC (optimised) ->U2 Sabre async-> Slagleformer-> Job 225-> L96-> SVS SB12NSD. Bedroom: Audio-GD NFB6-> LCR 6328P

The L96 will always benefit from a good sub.

Or two .

Do you bother high passing the 96's? Should be less distortion if they stay above 80Hz or so.

My SVS sub has it inbuilt but there are other options externally, I believe.

Can you see the foam "filter" through the metal screen/grille on the back of the speaker?

Mine had started to deteriorate (as the surrounds do). I was able to get the screen off and use a small vacuum to pull the foam out. I used a borescope and looked around inside and (fortunately!), was able to get it all out.

The I glued a piece of a stocking under the metal screen/grille as I wasn't going to put more foam into the equation.
    Share what you know, learn what you don't...

Quote Originally Posted by WDJ View Post
    Can you see the foam "filter" through the metal screen/grille on the back of the speaker?

Mine had started to deteriorate (as the surrounds do). I was able to get the screen off and use a small vacuum to pull the foam out. I used a borescope and looked around inside and (fortunately!), was able to get it all out.

The I glued a piece of a stocking under the metal screen/grille as I wasn't going to put more foam into the equation.
    Hi

I'll check later.

Does this have any bearing on whether I should send them off for a refoam?

Thread Information