Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Event in SoCal

my only thought on the way home last night was "Did that really just happen"?

Was great meeting so many familiar online friends, in that setting, and with Greg Timbers at the center, wow, just wow....

A HUGE thanks to Doug for conceiving the idea, generating the interest, planning, preparing and hosting, an A++ in every single regard, and of course to Annie for patiently opening her home to us audio nutz

Thanks George for in all sincerity, the best meal I've had in months, and for the tremendous lengths he (and Shane of course) went through to transport the raw ingredients across multiple state lines and time zones......baked the bread @5am in CO, and I'm eating it in SoCal by 7:30pm, are you kidding me!

Thanks also to those who took the time to setup the active and passive gear tables. I really appreciated getting to see the front and back of drivers I've only viewed online, especially the 1500AL, she's much prettier in person than on the screen

And finally, a note on Mr Timbers. When I pulled up to the curb, a car had just pulled up before me. Out walked Greg. Having never met him, wasn't sure what to expect from such an accomplished legend, but boy he sure was the nicest, gentle, humble gent you could imagine from the very first second. It was so amazing that he not only took the time to come to our little gathering of locals, but showed so much enthusiasm, appreciation, and took time to passionately tell us about his beginnings at JBL via UCLA, what a cool story.

Although there's a legion of appreciative fanboys (and gals) our there, last night provided for me the first real connection to the JBL inner circle and made me feel like a part of a small family. For this I'll always be grateful to all involved, but of course mostly, to Greg, whose speech on being "just a guy doing a job, who still marvels at the pleasure his work has brought to peoples lives" was the highlight of my evening.
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

I had the pleasure of being one of Ti Dome’s guests at the honorary for Greg Timbers Saturday. My thanks and gratitude to Ti Dome and Annie for hosting and inviting me into their home. Thanks also goes to the Forum members who assisted in making this a fun and interesting event.

The mood was casual and free flowing. As soon as you walked into the house you sensed a familiarity with the attendees despite the fact that upon arriving you had never before met anyone face-to-face.

Highlights:

*Ti Dome’s home and hospitality.

* Delicious food that combined simplicity with flavor and quality ingredients (always the sign of a great cooking).
    *A house that wasn’t built around JBL sound but certainly has evolved that way.
    *The Two Jims Room which is more of a reclusive grotto fitted with JBL sound sufficient to make your pant legs wag. No lie. The demonstration disk of Master and Commander put you into the scene of hell on a wooden ship with cannon shot and shell ripping through the air. I was impressed.
    *Pulling snippets out of Greg on JBL history, design challenges and insights on his speaker design knowledge and preferences.
    *Everyone acknowledging, and then ignoring, the unusually hot weather to make the heat a non-issue.

About Greg.

Greg Timbers is so approachable, congenial and unpretentious that he could hardly stand out in the room full of hifi tweakers. Well, except maybe being a bit taller than average, that is. He is eager to talk about his profession which of course is akin to him talking about his hobby. He was genuinely gratified- though a bit bemused at the same time- at our holding such reverence in his designs and his work in the field over the years.

Our interaction with Greg in the evening was spontaneous and covered general conversation topics as well as speaker system topics. TiDome set up various systems throughout the house. So there was not a formal talk per se but more of random bits that came out of questions or conversation as we toured or gathered in the different rooms. Here are some snippets I recall for which I have to paraphrase and go by memory. So the usual caveats as to interpretation and context.

*Greg went to work at JBL without intending to pursue a career path with such an established firm. He was encouraged, or maybe prodded, to seek a position by Howard Durbin (edit: referred by JBL rep Tom Frisina, not Howard, per Greg) who knew of him when Greg was working part time at a local hifi retailer. Seems, according to Greg, they hired him for reasons less about his knowledge and experience and more about getting some younger people on the engineering staff willing to learn.

*Greg is a native of the LA area with family well established in the area a couple of generations back. He lives in the San Fernando Valley (Dude!....the ”Valley”). JBL Northridge is also up that way.

*Greg has worked at JBL 30 (edit: thanks Grumpy. 1972, so 40 years) years and perhaps, from a casual quip he made, he is likely to stay a while longer there.

*Greg mentioned Ed May as one of his key mentors in the company. Greg was appreciative of Ed's willingness to share his experience and knowledge.

*Greg mentioned that regular use of drivers with foam surrounds will allow the the foam to last longer.

*From my sense of comments and expressions Greg holds the 250 series of speakers very high among his favorites. He would have liked it to stay in the catalog a year or so longer.

*The Array horns sound better in a vertical position. Not everyone at JBL agreed that they should remain vertical despite the better performance and it took some persuasion and persistence to move the model to market.

*Sales of the Array line fell off which caused some of the models to be dropped. By the time 1400 model sales picked it was pretty much alone in the model lineup only to have some re-introduced.

*Greg had not heard the model S2600 in maybe twenty years. He seemed to favor the smaller 12 inch model over the 15 inch woofer. He did have one caveat with the need of the horn to share the cavity space that introduced some noise to the horn.

*There was a hint from Greg that the S2600 style horn may make a reappearance in later anniversary model.

*The new 1501 woofer in the Everest 67000 uses a paper/cell sandwich structure that out performs the older model in the critical midrange roll off band (600-700hz). They have done extensive testing and they are not sure why this is as they measure the same but sound better up top. Greg seemed pleased indicating to me that he had wanted some improvement in the woofer-to-mid transition. The greater low end extension is apparent as discussed in prior postings. Asked if this cell technology could be carried through other models Greg thought the cone technology would be too pricey.

*Asked about the company retaining a “Noah’s Ark” of a pair of every model Greg lamented that this was his practice but it was not supported. Storage priorities prevailed moving many models to trailers and such which invited theft.

*Greg enjoyed talking about the L300 model which to me indicated he favored the model. He believed it was a strong performer in its day. The rounded corners were a bit difficult to manage at first in terms of veneer application.

*Again on cabinets the L250 and variants also created some headaches for the manufacturing crew in days before CNC routers and precision tooling.

*Conversations on design techniques and priorities. The roof top and back lot half space test beds and the aroused neighbors taking issue with the pro group launching sonic rockets into the nearby homes.

*The battery and access devices for charge-coupled xovers added inordinate costs for such a simple need. A cheaper solution is used replacing the 2-4M ohm resistors with a diode/resistor combination with the circuit charged by the speaker input. I don’t recall the values and Greg did not have the diode number in mind at the time.

*The 2214H woofer (in attendance with TI Dome’s XPL200) did not like inductors. Hence the notable improvement with bi-amp alternative. I meant to follow with Greg on this comment but forgot in the end.

*Also on the XPL Greg would have liked to rework the xover transition between the upper-mid and the tweeter to mitigate some lower tweeter sound aberrations.

*Without much elaboration or debate, speakers wires can lead to an improvement. Not so internal wiring. Greg hedged a bit on that one.

There were many more snippets. Some reinforced themes we know from past postings. Some I did not hear. Some I may remember later to be added in. But the end of the evening came much too soon for me for there was still so much to talk about with Greg, with Howard and the Forum members.

Great evening and again my thanks to TiDome and other all the other attendees for sharing a hot summer night near the shores of the Pacific.
    David F
    San Jose

I've been trying to wrap my head around the event last evening, and still can't begin to put it down in words. After reading everyone's posts on it, says' most of all of it. It was an evening to remember, just as most everyone remembers the first time they had a set of JBL's take there hearts. It was a wonderfull evening with everything I could of ever asked for and much much more. THANK YOU Doug and Annie for the gracious hosts that took the time out of your busy schedule to make such a tremendous event just that much better, Well the food and great people were a hugh part of it so I can't begin to thank everyone for one exceptional evening that I will never forget. Thank you all, and look forward to getting to know everyone even better over the days weeks and years to come.
    GREG, GREG, GREG- Thank you, I could type all day on how much you've changed my life(along with many others) and I feel honored to have met such a spectacular Gentleman that you are.
    I look forward to many more great adventures with everyone I met last night and hopefully meet in the future. Thank you all for my JBL family that I never knew I had.
    Once again my hat is off to you Doug THANK YOU

I think it's now -40- years... Quite an achievement, or a case of severe stubbornness

I still need to seriously listen to the 9900's with the newly added P7 pre in the chain... too much was going on.

I feel fortunate to have attended such a fine event... Thank you Doug and Annie!

Untitled/untagged photo preview is on flickr (search for "Lansing Heritage" ... use the quotes)

Thanks!

Starting with “Thank you” is always a good thing, so I’ll put that before any other comments. The Le Dîner de Soirée pour Honorer Greg Timbers was a huge success and a lot more work than I envisioned. In fact without a number of people stepping forward to help, it could have been impossible at the level of implementation we achieved.

First, thanks to Chef George Carlberg (gcarlberg) who came from Denver bearing beef, bread, ramekins, plates, knives, butane, and ambition to put on a special dinner for us. It was George’s devotion to his craft and willingness to share it for our event that put the first special touch on the day. He proposed the meal, selected the menu, prepared everything from scratch, cooked and cleaned in our small kitchen, labored over stove and oven in intense heat, and never groused once the entire time. He was a complete professional and did his work with aplomb. Well, actually, he was a true amateur this time in the original sense of the Latin term: one who performs a skill at a high level for love (not for money). You’ll read many raves about the evening, and it started with the bon repast at the beginning and the creme brule at the end.

Second, thanks to Shane Firestack (JuniorJBL), who came with George from Denver and was a willing accomplice to both George and myself in getting the final details taken care of for the day. Whether it was slicing the fresh-from-Denver rolls for the beef tenderloin sandwiches or running my leaf blower to clean the lower patio and stairs, he was our go-to guy. In addition, I promoted Shane to Curator of the JBL Transducer Museum (my garage), and he handled setting up, receiving, placing, and labeling the scores of drivers, horns, crossovers, amps, pamphlets, and misc. that were on display for all to see and enjoy. Always positive, thoughtful, and willing, he was the perfect companion. Even though I’d taken a whole day off from work and worked several nights beforehand to get things ready, there was still more than one person could finish, and without Shane, I could not have been ready.

Third, thanks to Dave Stowers (grumpy) for taking the role of docent downstairs with the PT250s, XPL200As, and the Two Jims Theatre. I was literally trying to be in three (or four) places at once, and it’s a blessing to have someone you can trust to monitor and demonstrate your stuff when you cannot be everywhere. Dave was also the "official" photographer.

Fourth, thanks to Dave (again), Glen Claybrook (glen), Tony Natale (stony22), and Bart Yee (mech986) for loading their vehicles with their JBL and Lansing museum pieces and bringing them for the show. I had a number of things on display there as well, and I only had to move them from one part of my garage to the tables, and that was tough enough. Bringing a vehicle stuffed with all kinds of precious goods is no easy task, and displaying all that goodness to share is a real act of generosity.

Fifth, I must thank Mark Rutledge (Doc Mark) for making the connection (through wife Cynthia Rutledge’s far-reaching network) with Howard Durbin. Having Howard there was not only a treat for all of us, but it was a genuine and thrilling surprise for Greg. When Greg and I walked into the display in my garage and I commented, “I think you might know this guy,” I’ve rarely seen such a surprised and delighted look on anyone’s face like I saw on Greg Timbers at that moment.

Sixth, thanks to my wonderful friend and companion, Huikyong “Annie” Song for being such a good sport about this whole thing. Without her my life is not complete, and when she participates with me in this way, it makes the whole thing so much better. Trusting me when I say I want to have a bunch of people she's never met (and many of whom I've never met) in our home to do something that she's not too interested in and then giving me her support as well is just one of many reasons why she's my best friend.

Finally, thanks to all who took the time to attend, from Rolf Aas (rolf) who flew from Oslo to Frankfurt to LA to attend to those who flew or drove from points in the US to those who were in the SoCal area. Without all of their contributions throughout the evening, We could not have conveyed to Greg our appreciation for his contributions to our hobby and to our quality of life. Special mention goes to Michelle Smith (who came with her hubby, Walter Silva [wsilva]) and Cynthia Rutledge for coming and enjoying the evening with us. It was a pleasure to meet them.
    Out.

Great Guy, Great Event!

Greg Timbers was wonderful to meet and talk to. I was impressed with his pride in contributions he made to more affordable speakers in the JBL line-up when he has so much of the high end speaker design innovation to his credit.
    Greg was very pleased to find Howard Durbin at the event, a little surprise that Dome had arranged for him.
    Howard was a delight to talk with too, recounting his experiences at the birth of stereo records and working for Westrex, Ampex, Elecrovoice and JBL.
    It was a true delight!
    Thanks Greg and Howard!
    Thanks Doug and Annie!
    Thanks George and Shane!
    Thanks everyone who attended!
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Obsolete
    That is so awesome that Howard was able to attend!

It sounds like you all had a great time.

Thank you all.

Well done Doug!

The Program

My plan was simple: 6-9 PM, dinner, tribute, music, done.

Of course, as things developed, lots of folks came earlier than that to bring things to exhibit, or because timing arrivals in LA is guesswork at best, especially if you’re driving in from a distance, so everyone was welcome when they got here. Virtually everyone was there by starting time, which reminded me of my roots in the Midwest--a good thing!

We started with George’s fabulous food, with me making the opening comment to call Greg to be first in line, “Greg, I forgot to ask; I hope you’re not a vegetarian,” to which he replied, “Oh, I forgot to tell you...” then laughed.

So we devoured the buffet while the Performance Series played in the background. When everyone was stuffed, I started the program with a few prizes. Rolf got the award for coming the longest distance, an “I Love LA “ hat. Shane and George each got a DVD-A demo disc for their hefty contributions and for being the couple that came the farthest. (Okay, I just made that part up.)

Then I told the story of Greg’s life--oh, not really--but provided a few highlights of his career at JBL/Harman, and commented on why it was important for me to host this event. I talked specifically about how the K2s had moved Annie and I to just be comfortable and spend time really listening to music, and generally how it’s good to hear from people who appreciate your work in person, rather than second hand (if at all). We then opened it up for folks to say a few words about Greg’s work and his influence on their quality of experience and life. You had to be there, but it was very cool to hear the comments.

Then I invited Greg up front and presented him with a mahogany, aluminum, and brass plaque from all of us and gave him the opportunity to say a few words, and his speech was fun, insightful, and enlightening. Others have commented on it or will comment on it, so I’ll let their comments stand.

After that, we divided the attendees into two groups so I could send some to the lower level, some stayed on the main floor, and eventually we also went upstairs. Then we rotated.

Lower level:
    1. bi-amped XPL200A with DX-1
    2. quad-amped PT250 with BSS 366T Omnidrive compact plus
    3. Two Jim Theatre with Synthesis® One Array (where my pj underperformed!! Drat!)

Main Floor:
    1. Performance Series 5.1 music system
    2. K2 S9900 stereo pair

Upper level:
    1. S/2600 stereo pair

(We skipped the three other JBL systems on the upper level as they were not Timbers related.)

Of course, the host never gets to really attend his own party, so I missed at least 50% of the conversations that went on, and I’m relying on others to recall things I missed. I do know that Greg (and Howard) had some useful insights to share, and I think all who had the chance to hear them got some great advice.

The listening sessions could have gone on all night, so 9 PM was an unrealistic ending time. Eventually I got everyone;s attention, and we feasted on George’s made-from-scratch creme brule. It was exquisite!

Then there was a general rush to get autographs from our rock star, Greg, who graciously signed books, manuals, L250 tweeter housing back plates, maybe even napkins! I circulated a facsimile of the plaque for everyone to sign, so Greg got to take home everyone else’s name and signature, too. I missed out on the signature getting myself, but I suppose if I asked nicely I could get one in the future. (grin)

The final guests left right around 11 PM, except for George and Shane who stayed overnight. Shane was in the L5 guest room, and George got the L100 guest room.
    Out.

Yes Thank you Doug and Annie for allowing us to come into your home and have this wonderful "Once in a lifetime" event!!

Doug I am still trying to find the word that describes the evening but yet to locate it!! (Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious)
    It was a very fine evening that provided countless opportunities for people to talk with the many fine ladies and gentlemen in attendance at such a wonderful event.

A very special thanks to Doug and Annie for putting George and I up in exchange for helping with this great event. I was so very happy that I could be of help and glad it made a difference.

Greg was a true gentleman in every sense of the word!!
    He appeared very willing to discuss every and all aspects of his work and our audience was more than willing to listen and learn from this very talented and down to earth man who so graciously gave his time to be there with us!

Once again George has “Outdone” himself and went to “The ends of Denver” to provide an extremely delightful dinner that will be remembered by all for a long time to come.

Dave, you my friend are a very kind and thoughtful person and thanks for all the help and pictures you took that will allow us to remember this very fine evening. Your contributions to the PT250’s are wonderful and were a pleasure to listen to!

It was so gratifying to meet all of you, Thank you so very much!
    Always fun learning more.......

Holy Smokes, What a great Evening!

Dear All,

The dinner event at the home of Titanium Dome will surely be one of the highlights of my career at JBL. I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of good wishes and thanks for years of design work. It is most humbling for me to be held in such high regard by so many folks. Obviously I had a great time and I was very sorry to see the evening end although I was having trouble keeping my eyes open for the drive home. My special thanks to Doug for organizing and hosting this event and also to George and Shane for the unbelievable food somehow smuggled out of Denver on public airways. The dinner and dessert was simply fantastic.

It is fitting that Titanium Dome has chosen that moniker as I have never seen more Domes assembled in one location at one time. Granted they were all not titanium, but they were domes all the same and there were herds of them all over the house.

I need to make one correction to Frank's post regarding Howard Durbin. I was pushed by Tom Frisina, a local JBL rep to apply for the JBL opening. When I started working for JBL, Jim Barthell was VP of Engineering. Howard took over that position about 3 years later.

I did notice the constant flashing of camera's during the event. I hope the holders of some of these pictures post them on the forum. I had planned to take some pictures myself but I was so busy talking to people I never did get to it. Thanks again to all involved. The evening, food, conversations and the beautiful plaque are things I will cherish forever.

My very best regards to all,

Greg

Commemorative Program Front

Everyone got a copy of the commemorative program, and Greg got a copy of this with the signatures of all who actually showed up. This is the front:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Out.

Greetings, Doug, and All,

I have very much enjoyed reading the comments made by those who attended the very special soiree that you planned and executed, all the others who joined in to help and attend, and also Huikyong Song ("Annie") for her gracious forbearance, and her own enjoyment of this special night!! HUZZAH, and well done to one and all!! Dave, as Doug mentioned, I, too, very much appreciated the way you took over handling the downstairs listening, and did so with a fun wit, and the skill that I've came to expect from you doing such things. Thank you, my Friend!

Doug mentioned that we all got to make a statement to Greg about how he changed our lives with his dedication to audio and his creations, and I would like to share my own comments. I told Greg about our beloved L300 system, and he did seem to have a fondness and respect for that design. I believe he said it was his first commercial design, and he still thought it sounded pretty darned good, despite it's "wart". Of course, I couldn't agree more! In any case, I told Greg about the day that two Gentlemen from Sears were working downstairs in our basement, having come in through a direct door to the outside, to install and setup a new washer and dryer. Whist they were working, I had been playing a CD of Diana Krall, playing solo piano, upstairs on our L300 speakers. When they finished their work, they both stood and listened for a bit, the one of them commented, "Sir, your wife is a VERY good piano player"!! I told them, "Actually, we don't own a piano", to which he incredulously asked, "Well, then who is playing the piano that we hear? It sounds like they are right upstairs and in the same house"? I told him that I was formerly a professional musician, and that they were listening to our stereo and old JBL speakers! Both guys were totally shocked that the music was coming from a pair of speakers and stereo system, and not from a live person playing an actual piano in our home!!! Before they walked out the door, he said, "Sir, you have a VERY nice stereo"!!! Greg smiled, and said, "That's about the best compliment that anyone could give any speaker system, and shows how the L300's have stood the test of time"!! Again, I could not agree more!!

As to how we came to meet and talk to Howard Durbin, some of you may remember that one of my Friends, who is actually the husband of one of my wife's students, and I were talking one day, at a work event, and I mentioned my love of JBL speaker systems. He then told me that he used to work at ElectroVoice, and that he was very good friends with another fellow who worked there at the same time, and then later at JBL. His friend was Howard Durbin! So, through Bob Walker, I contacted Howard, and asked if he would be up for a nice lunch, my treat, for himself, Bob, and me, during which I would ask him a few questions about his early days at JBL. Howard actually seemed a bit nervous about the whole idea, and told me that his contributions to the audio industry really did not amount to much. I disagreed with his opinion, and told him that many folks here at Lansing Heritage would REALLY be interested in any and all information, or stories, he would be willing to share with us. Well, in the end, Howard thanked me for my offer and interest, but told me that he wouldn't feel comfortable doing such a thing. Of course, I was disappointed, but was most certainly not going try to change his mind. Fast forward to the early mention of Doug's plan to honor Greg Timbers, and I decided to contact Bob Walker, and see if he and Howard might like to join us at that soiree. Luckily, both Bob and Howard were definitely up for it, as Howard definitely remembered when he and Greg both worked for JBL!!! That was wonderful news, and indeed, once Howard warmed up a bit, he happily told us all stories about his old days in the audio industry, which including some of his more interesting early days adventures, and also some fun stuff about working with some of the great musicians of those early days!!! Howard gave us all MUCH valuable information, and his time in the industry produced some fantastic goodies which still benefit musicians and music lovers today!! Howard to me that he was part of the group that developed the ElectroVoice Patrician, a system with which I was totally enthralled as a young man!!! He told Cynthia some really interesting stories about some of the crazy things he did back then, which he would probably prefer that we not share here! Great stuff from both Greg, and Howard, which really created a magical night for all who attended this lovely and wonderful event!!!!

Doug, we had a fun time with Rolf the day after our adventure at your place, though Rolf had injured his back, which put a bit of a damper on his own enjoyment of that day. Still and all, Rolf was a fun and enjoyable companion for Sweet Bride and I, and even though he was a bit limited in what he could do, we had some fun showing him around that day, and enjoying a few meals together!!

Great seeing so many of our LH members, too, and I already look forward to seeing all of them again in the future, at another fun JBL event!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Commemorative Program Back

On the back was some info about each of the systems featured that night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Out.

The K2s' little, new friend

This was also the coming out party for a recently-acquired Parasound Halo P7 analog pre. Even though I've been driving the K2s with an Oppo BDP83-SE source to a balanced pre to the ATI amps, I actually preferred using the digital out from the Oppo with the pre I was using. This made me think that the upgraded analog stereo from the Oppo was highly overrated.

After installing the P7 (and getting my ear fixed), there was an obvious and immediately pleasing reconsideration on my part regarding the Oppo's upgraded analog output. It was heavenly!

Since the P7 is analog only--no digital inputs, no DACs, etc--it was a big gamble considering there was no recourse to switch to digital if I still did not like the analog. I could put the old pre back in but didn't relish the idea, but, no worries, I'm so happy with the P7 that there's no chance that it will leave the chain anytime soon.

It has analog bass management, so the K2s cross over to the S2S subs around 50 Hz, which is perfect. It also has balanced outputs, which allows balanced connections to the amps, and it's got two triggers so I can get remote turn on of the amps which are on opposite sides of the room. It's also got two balanced inputs, which allows me to dream about the upcoming Oppo BDP1050 with its balanced outs and improved analog stage.

With the P7 and the Oppo being relatively small and the big ATI amps hidden in the corners, the K2 system has a very minimalist look to it. Yet the soundstage is bigger, deeper, and more precise than before--by a long shot--and the bass is even more refined yet convincing at the same time.

Glen, Tony L., and Dave have heard the K2s before with the old set up, so they can comment on their own. You don't have to take my word for it. I'm pretty sure Glen had some reactions to it.

I honestly don't know if Greg listened to them at all, since I was here, there, and everywhere. So I can't say if he thought the Oppo/P7/ATI combo did them justice or not.
    Out.

Hey, TiDome,

First of all, we are SO glad that your hearing situation had improved by the night of the event we all shared! I was so enjoying meeting so many LH members for the first time, that I totally forgot to comment on it that might. Outstanding results, in any case!

Though both Cynthia and I loved hearing every single JBL system that you so kindly setup that might, the overall favorite of them all, both for me, and surprisingly for Cynthia, was the K2 system! Listening to that wonderful system, we can both immediately hear the improvements made since our L300's were top of the line offerings!! I was definitely surprised with Sweet Bride told me the K2's were her more favorites of the night, INCLUDING the two large subwoofers behind them!!! That was a nice happenstance! We may have to experiment with our L300's and the JBL subwoof we have in the corner, but have not used with them too much. It's got a 2242HPL in it, and should make a difference, once it's setup properly.

Knowing how much improved the K2's are, we still love our L300's, and can see that an upgrade "might" be in our future, someday! Fun, and as I say, very surprising. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information