Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Special Event in SoCal

You have a PM.

Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Good Morning, Rolf,

It was great meeting you at the Greg Timbers event, and spending a bit of time with you, too! Both Cynthia and I were really sorry when your back began to act up, as we know you were in a lot of pain, though you tried not to show it. We had a huge day planned, with a bit of Hollywood, some CA coastline, and our local mountains all on the list of places we wanted to take you, in addition to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. But, in Long Beach, it was clearly evident that you were not up for such a day as we had planned for you, so we kept it simple and easy, and hey, we had a grand time, didn't we!! You are a good man, Rolf, and a good friend, and we do hope to see you in Norway one of these days. But even if that never takes place, we were so very happy to spend a day with you after the event, and get to know you a bit more. Cynthia and I enjoyed it very much, and from your goodbyes in the Hotel Parking lot, we know that you did, too, which was very nice, indeed!

We hope your back is better, now, and that all the beer we drank that one day helped it, just a little bit!! I have to say, that you can easily drink me under the table, without even trying, Rolf!! As you probably saw that day, I cannot keep up with you and soon fell behind! Fun to know that "dark beer rules" for both of us!! In any case, it was fun, and we are so very glad you had a good time, and made it back home again, safe and sound!! Take care, my Friend, and as always, God Bless you in all things!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark and Cynthia (Doc and Sweet Bride)

Here are some pictures from the GT Event ++.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Some more:

More:

Even more:

More and more. Hope you are not getting tired to look:

That's it ... I think. I should taken more pictures at evening. BUT I could not (impossible) be at all places at the same time.

What I can tell is when Doug put on "Master and Commander in his cinema room, Told ships fired the guns, you just could not hear it. It was like somebody pounced me in my chest. Never heard (or felt) that kind of power. I have heard some pretty good cinema systems, but they are nothing compared to this. I wish I could have a room in my house for this. I forgot to take pictures of that, but of course you can't feel it on a picture.

JBL is the best! All the setup Dough have is ....... WOW.

Hope you enjoyed this. I also have pictures of my fantastic trips with some members around the area. If you want to see them, let me know.

With love to all of you.

Rolf

Glad to see the pics and that you had a good trip. Yeah I would love to see the other pics of the rest of your trip also. I have some good pics that I will try to post up on here of the event that I got also. Thanks again Doug and all the rest of the members for a wonderfull evening. Pleasure meeting each and everyone of you, A class act group of people.

I will send it to your prv mail asap.

Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by stony22 View Post
    Glad to see the pics and that you had a good trip. Yeah I would love to see the other pics of the rest of your trip also. I have some good pics that I will try to post up on here of the event that I got also. Thanks again Doug and all the rest of the members for a wonderfull evening. Pleasure meeting each and everyone of you, A class act group of people.

Nice Pictures, Rolf.

Thanks!
    Out.

Hi TD. I was hoping for that reply.

Rolf

Good Morning, Rolf,

It was very nice talking to you on the phone yesterday! Sorry I had to keep the call brief, but since we are self-employed, and that number also serves as our business line, and as usual, we're really up against the clock for inventory manufacturing, we don't enjoy the luxury of being able to talk to friends and family for much more than few minutes. All such calls, by necessity, must be kept quite short, unfortunately.

Your great photos really brought back the event at Doug's house and we really enjoyed seeing them, Rolf! Well done, and many thanks for sharing them all here with everyone! We had met Dave and Bart before, and it was really enjoyable to see them both again. And it was good seeing our friend, Bob, who helped make the connection with Howard Durbin, too. But, everyone else was knew to us, as to meeting in person, as were you, even though we have corresponded in the past. So, that was really a good bit of fun, too. Seeing everyone again, through your photos, is very nice, indeed! Thanks, again, for sharing them, and for spending a day with Cynthia and me, the day after the event! We're both hoping we get to Norway, one of these years, and when that happens, you can be sure we'll make a plan to meet up with you! Take care, and God Bless, as always!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark and Cynthia (your Brother and Sister from CA)
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Or use Facetime on an iphone/iPad ... its quite amazing.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Donation

So I finally settled all the bills and made a donation of the net proceeds to Lansing Heritage. I wanted to donate $45.71, but the closest choice was $50, so that's what it is.

Thanks to Chef George Carlberg for providing the beef tenderloin and cheeses, among other things, or I would have been in the hole on this. Thanks to George's largesse, Shane Firestack's indefatigable enthusiasm, and Huikyong "Annie" Song's willingness to let me do this at our home, it was not a money loser. Thanks also to all those who gave a little extra to the effort. It really made all the work seem worthwhile.

I'm thinking we could make the Lansing Heritage Award an annual thing, at least until I retire in four years. I know there are several other folks at JBL/Harman who have made significant contributions to our enjoyment over the years through transducer development, cabinet design, testing, theory, etc. I'd probably want to move it to June to avoid the possibility of hellishly high temperatures in August, September, and October (103 here this coming Monday). We missed John Eargle, but there are others whose contributions should have more recognition.

Thoughts?
    Out.

Thread Information