+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 115

Thread: Special Event in SoCal

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895

    Update sent

    I sent an update to all registered attendees. If you do not see it, check your spam folder, and if it is not there, email me and I'll send it to you again.
    In.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895

    Letters and Cards

    Some folks who cannot make the event are sending me a letter or card for Greg Timbers, which I'll assemble into something coherent and present to him on September 15th. This was such a great idea from Barry (1audiohack) that I'm encouraging all Lansing Heritage members to do the same.

    If you'd like to contribute something personal to this special evening, just PM me and I'll give you either my email address, mailing address, or both, so you can get your submission in. I'll gladly print out your letters if you want to send them via email. You can use Word, Pages, or send me a PDF.

    Keep those cards and letters coming!
    In.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895

    Update coming

    Another email blast went out to all attendees this morning. Check your in boxes, and if you didn't get it, let me know.

    Less than two weeks!
    In.

  4. #34
    Moderator / Treasurer/Marketplace Czar boputnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Saturday, September 15 at 6 PM in San Pedro, CA.
    Very possible. Festival season is drawing to a close - there are actually free weekends appearing on my calendar! It will have to be a quick I/O for me - "got gig" on the 16th...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Damn!I hope my boyfriend will invite me! Have a great time! I am sure it will be well documented. Like everyone else, I eagerly await the reports.Widget
    Likely that was me? I guess we'll have to hope for a Skype...

    bo
    bo

    "Indeed, not!!"

  5. #35
    Senior Member Valentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    637
    Few more days

    I envy you guys. Hope to see some picks

    Valentin

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895

    Final Communique

    The last full email went out to all the registered attendees today. If you didn't get yours, let me know. Otherwise, I'll see many of you on Friday and all of you on Saturday.
    In.

  7. #37
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    DC 'burbs
    Posts
    7,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    The last full email went out to all the registered attendees today.
    If you didn't get yours, let me know. Otherwise, I'll see many of you on Friday and all of you on Saturday.
    Good luck folks!
    We look forward to a great report of the activities!

    And TiDome - so sorry to hear of your hearing losses ...
    hopefully it will turn out to be just short term!
    2ch - Oppo981, JoLida502, JBL L200+, KEF 105.4
    HT7- XDA-2, BDP93, 4b NRB, B&K 5ch amp, Vandy 3A, 2Ce, VCC1, TF600 & JBL 4641

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Good luck folks!
    We look forward to a great report of the activities!

    And TiDome - so sorry to hear of your hearing losses ...
    hopefully it will turn out to be just short term!
    I'm going for another treatment at the hospital today and hoping for the best!
    In.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895

    Opening for one

    We've just had one of Saturday's participants drop out, so I have one slot open for a Lansing Heritage member who can make the event and can bring $25 cash. PM me.
    In.

  10. #40
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,409
    I've got the cash but I'll be in Stratford, ON, otherwise I'd be there.


    What kind of treatment?

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I've got the cash but I'll be in Stratford, ON, otherwise I'd be there.


    What kind of treatment?
    Some kind of tube thing that goes in the ear that pulses, buzzes, or something like that for "tactile interference stimulation" of the "primary somatosensory cortex"; otherwise known as "WAKE UP!" It feels like my ear canal was ravaged afterward.

    I was hoping it was earwax.

    You can always fly to the Ontario, CA airport by mistake and claim the travel agency messed up the airpot code. (Yep, I know you can drive to Stratford from Toledo... it's just an idea.)
    In.

  12. #42
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Some kind of tube thing that goes in the ear that pulses, buzzes, or something like that for "tactile interference stimulation" of the "primary somatosensory cortex"; otherwise known as "WAKE UP!" It feels like my ear canal was ravaged afterward.
    Well I hope it works out. We all do.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Well I hope it works out. We all do.

    Me too, although it won't make me any smarter, make me more attractive, or grow hair on my head.

    Right now it kinda sounds like I have an Alka-Seltzer in my ear, so I think that's a good sign, er, sound.

    -------------------

    All you old school rockers, I got the 5.1 surround DVD-A new releases of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, including the hi-res stereo versions from Steve Wilson for our little event, the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Set with the 5.1 mixes and the Alan Parsons 4.0 Quad mix, and a couple of new Blu-ray surround discs from AIX Records, Blurays from Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree), oh, and did I mention the Jethro Tull Aqualung 5.1? Plus the demo disc from Roger Dressler of Dolby Labs (retired).

    Dave (grumpy) got the PT250s tuned up as good as we could--except for those da#$ed red lights--and I must say they sound pretty good to Lefty.

    I picked up Greg's hardware tonight. It looks awesome! The LH logo came out great (thanks Don and Glen!)

    I'm taking Thursday off to clean the whole house, all three floors (well eight levels, but three floors) and to put fresh batteries in all the frickin' remotes, so I want some respect for that.

    It's gonna be a sweet night. Greg will be very happy.

    In.

  14. #44
    Senior Member JuniorJBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,453
    All I can say Dome is YOU ROCK!!
    Always fun learning more.......

  15. #45
    Senior Member DavidF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Me too, although it won't make me any smarter, make me more attractive, or grow hair on my head.

    Right now it kinda sounds like I have an Alka-Seltzer in my ear, so I think that's a good sign, er, sound.

    -------------------

    All you old school rockers, I got the 5.1 surround DVD-A new releases of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, including the hi-res stereo versions from Steve Wilson for our little event, the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Set with the 5.1 mixes and the Alan Parsons 4.0 Quad mix, and a couple of new Blu-ray surround discs from AIX Records, Blurays from Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree), oh, and did I mention the Jethro Tull Aqualung 5.1? Plus the demo disc from Roger Dressler of Dolby Labs (retired).

    Dave (grumpy) got the PT250s tuned up as good as we could--except for those da#$ed red lights--and I must say they sound pretty good to Lefty.

    I picked up Greg's hardware tonight. It looks awesome! The LH logo came out great (thanks Don and Glen!)

    I'm taking Thursday off to clean the whole house, all three floors (well eight levels, but three floors) and to put fresh batteries in all the frickin' remotes, so I want some respect for that.

    It's gonna be a sweet night. Greg will be very happy.

    You are certainly due all respect. Unless, of course, you are not using either silver-tipped or cryogenic treated batteries.
    David F
    San Jose

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yet another east Coast LHS Social Event
    By hjames in forum Forum Announcements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 09:42 AM
  2. The event formerly known as Midwest Audiofest
    By mikebake in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. 2nd east coast LHS social event
    By opimax in forum Forum Announcements
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 07:14 AM
  4. what JBL significant event happened today's date in history?
    By louped garouv in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 10:14 AM
  5. Anything special about these?
    By Boss96 in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts