Thread: L-45 and C-37 find

L-45 and C-37 find

I was told by a friend that a moving and storage place had a room full of audio equipment to sell because someone had left it there. So I went and checked it out and was surprised to see two sets of vintage JBL speakers, and a set of Dalhquist-DQ-12's ready for the taking. Needless to say I got all the equipment and now would like to find out what value the JBL speakers have. The L45s are S4 loaded with no grills but do have the lenses, cbinets are dinged up as expected but Howards made them look pretty good. The C-37's are really cool, I have all eight aluminum legs, cabinets had not ever been apart as far as I can tell. One D-130 driver does not work in one cabinet and the 075 driver in the other is dead. I'm taking them to a speaker repair shop to find out what's wrong with them and check the working ones also.Can someone determine the date these were made? (C37's)The serial #s of the D-130's drivers are - 41814 and 41811The serial #s of the 075's drivers are 18175 and 18174Also I would like to know what the value is of both the L45's and C37'sThe L45's sound great, one woofer dust cap is pushed in and the other has a very small dent.The C37's cabinets are near mint except for some minor dings and scrapes and the driver issues which I hope to have fixed.Any information would be a great help, these speakers are awsome time capsules. The L45's have the original envelopes on the back with one containing the original owners manual and sales ad. The C37's have perfect grills and all aluminum legs are there.Thanks to anyone that can be of help!Name:  001.JPG
Views: 790
Size:  271.1 KBName:  005.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  184.6 KBName:  023.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  267.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Value

Congrats.

1. I would not get them repaired. If you plan to sell them, you will lose money by having them "FIXED". The repair shop will probably not use the proper parts. Not only that, any serious buyer will want to have them done themselves. So, just leave them AS IS.
    2. You might want to be sure what components are in the L-45. If by chance they have rare drivers like a 375 or 150-4C. Then they will be worth a lot. If it is a D130 and LE85 inside then not so much.
    3. I would guess if nothing fancy in the L45 you are looking at around 600-700 at best on Ebay.
    4. The C-37 given the condition is about 500-600 on Ebay. The C37 is common.
    5. If you are testing any high freq. driver, remember you must use the crossover to protect the driver from low frequencies.

You may get more. Check out the drivers in the L45 carefully. The cone on the woofers do not look right to me.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 4345 View Post
    Congrats. 1. I would not get them repaired. If you plan to sell them, you will lose money by having them "FIXED". The repair shop will probably not use the proper parts. Not only that, any serious buyer will want to have them done themselves. So, just leave them AS IS.2. You might want to be sure what components are in the L-45. If by chance they have rare drivers like a 375 or 150-4C. Then they will be worth a lot. If it is a D130 and LE85 inside then not so much.3. I would guess if nothing fancy in the L45 you are looking at around 600-700 at best on Ebay.4. The C-37 given the condition is about 500-600 on Ebay. The C37 is common.5. If you are testing any high freq. driver, remember you must use the crossover to protect the driver from low frequencies.You may get more. Check out the drivers in the L45 carefully. The cone on the woofers do not look right to me. Good Luck.

The drivers in the L45's are 130A serial # 29861and LE175 serial # 19336

It is the S4 driver package for the L45
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information