Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic audio speaker will upgrade any JBL driver ? who are they

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I called classic audio loud speaker to see how much it would cost to up grade my LE175 and 075 to beryllium diaphram but no answer. any one know if jbl could do this up grade. And how much would something like this cost. thx
    PS- is it worth it can u really hear a difference
    1. Orange County Speakers sells the diaphragms for $600 EACH - you need two.
    2. Beryllium diaphragms are not available for either of your drivers - only 4" compression drivers. - you've got a 1 3/4" diaphragm'd LE175 with a 1" exit and a ring radiator (075)
    3. Yes, they sound different and if you're trying to stay with the stock JBL sound, stay with the stock diaphragms.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    1. Orange County Speakers sells the diaphragms for $600 EACH - you need two.
    2. Beryllium diaphragms are not available for either of your drivers - only 4" compression drivers. - you've got a 1 3/4" diaphragm'd LE175 with a 1" exit and a ring radiator (075)
    3. Yes, they sound different and if you're trying to stay with the stock JBL sound, stay with the stock diaphragms.
    Thanks for your input! Will the sound change that much? Is it more laid back more open or less detail . What benefit sound quality wise will jbl drivers have if I up grade to beryllium. Question Le85 and Le175 both have a 1 inch throat and use a 1 3/4 diaphram. If this is true classic audio loud speaker have a beryllium 1 inch diaphram that can fit both the Le175 and 075. Has any one had there 2440-2441 replace with an 4 inch beryllium diaphram and love the way it sound.

Thanks for your input! Will the sound change that much?
    Well before you invest in them I suggest you hear a pair. I think they are worth it and both my set-up use Be diaphragms. There are plenty of people who have used them there should be someone close to you so you can hear a pair and decide for yourself.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thread Information