Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic audio speaker will upgrade any JBL driver ? who are they

Classic audio speaker will upgrade any JBL driver ? who are they

Maybe I been away to long from hi-end audio. but does any one know of this company. They clame they can take any jbl driver up grade the magnet to beryllium

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Maybe I been away to long from hi-end audio. but does any one know of this company. They clame they can take any jbl driver up grade the magnet to beryllium
    classicaudioloudspeakers.com

They are not upgrading the magnet. They are simply replacing the factory diaphragm in classic JBL 2" throat large format compression drivers (375, 2440, 2441, 2446, plus I assume they'd be happy to sell diaphragms for the 1.5" variants), and can recharge the magnets on the Alnico versions (375, 2440, 2441). The Beryllium diaphragms are made by Brush Wellman and are widely available.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

IIRC, they also had a field coil conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    They are not upgrading the magnet. They are simply replacing the factory diaphragm in classic JBL 2" throat large format compression drivers (375, 2440, 2441, 2446, plus I assume they'd be happy to sell diaphragms for the 1.5" variants), and can recharge the magnets on the Alnico versions (375, 2440, 2441). The Beryllium diaphragms are made by Brush Wellman and are widely available.
    Thanks . Has any one had a chance to listen to any of there speakers

JBLGUY
    My buddy heard some in a JBL 2445 and said it for sure sounded better and went higher. Sounded better in all ways he thought. It was a side by side too with identical horns so it was easy to compare. For what it's worth.
    So I guess they are a good alternative if you can't get an original diaphragm. But would you guys be happy with your precious JBL's not being "whole"??? Huh Would ya?
    Plus much better than after market cheapies which never sound like a JBL original diaphragm.

Thanks

There are many here that have the Brush Wellman berylium diaphragms in our stuff. I liked my original pair enough to buy two more pairs even though I use super tweeters in two of the three systems they are still a plus.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I called classic audio loud speaker to see how much it would cost to up grade my LE175 and 075 to beryllium diaphram but no answer. any one know if jbl could do this up grade. And how much would something like this cost. thx
    PS- is it worth it can u really hear a difference

just thought of this . If i can get my drivers change over to beryllium diaphram do i have to make any adjustment to my xover ?

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I called classic audio loud speaker to see how much it would cost to up grade my LE175 and 075 to beryllium diaphram but no answer.
    Any one know if jbl could do this up grade. And how much would something like this cost. thx
    PS- is it worth it can u really hear a difference
    if I recall, the Be phrams are stupid expensive - but they are supposed to be all and everything for knowing ears ...
    I don't think JBL has gone this route yet, especially for older drivers. I believe its just that aftermarket company ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    if I recall, the Be phrams are stupid expensive - but they are supposed to be all and everything for knowing ears ...
    I don't think JBL has gone this route yet, especially for older drivers. I believe its just that aftermarket company ...
    check on line just to get an feel on how much beryllium diapharm cost -jbl 2441 1500$

If you do some basic searches on this forum for Brush Wellman, Truextent, and beryllium you will find numerous threads describing these diaphragms and how they are being used by many here on this site. They are readily available from Orange County Speakers for $600 per diaphragm.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    If you do some basic searches on this forum for Brush Wellman, Truextent, and beryllium you will find numerous threads describing these diaphragms and how they are being used by many here on this site. They are readily available from Orange County Speakers for $600 per diaphragm.

Widget
    Thanks Mr. Widget 600 is much better than 1500

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Widget
    Brush Wellman is the company that makes the JBL OEM Be diaphragms...yes they're expensive.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    Brush Wellman is the company that makes the JBL OEM Be diaphragms...yes they're expensive.
    Actually they only make the diaphragm domes... JBL still winds the coils and manufactures the complete diaphragms, for JBL labeled product. Brush Wellman changed their name a while back, but that is another story. The truextent diaphragms are made entirely by Materion Electrofusion, formerly known as Brush Wellman.

Thread Information