Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: why does JBL 4365 only rank 10th in Japanese eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Chinese car manufacturers aiming to tap into the high-end market.
    seems a good market

The longest traffic jam in the world ..in China . 260 kilometers (161 miles)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

This might have been posted before but here it is again:

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2...nro-shoes.html

I hadn't read this, thanks for (re?)posting, won't comment further on my feelings other than it's depressing to read.....
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    seems a good market

Suddenly the 405 doesn't seem so bad at all!

I had to drive it on Sunday, and trust me, it still seems bad. One hour and forty-eight minutes from the I-5 split in the north to the 110 south. Still, it was only 35 miles of traffic jam.

------------------------------

As for the laments for JBL of a bygone era, that epitaph was already written.

As for current JBL by HARMAN branded gear, I'm happy with current K2 and SAM1HF/SAM2LF products, and the late Performance Series, with its Chinese developed drivers. In fact, those drivers are my favorite part of the PT250 experiment, too.

Widget and a few others seem pretty pleased with their Everest IIs and/or 1400 Arrays.

If I were to upgrade any of my current favorites, it wouldn't be to go back to the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

--------------------------

Martin

The Stereo Sound Grand Prix selections are far from definitive. It's more of a showcase than a comprehensive evaluation of all comparable products. It's meant to generate buzz in the Stereo Sound community, create discussion, and award prizes. In any given year, some of the better products are not even in the running due to lack of availability, lack of time, lack of comparable listening environments, lack of interest. It's more of a "this is the best of what we were able to get to this year."

I find it interesting, but not authoritative. I'm sure it does not represent the opinion of all the Japanese hi-fi enthusiasts.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I had to drive it on Sunday, and trust me, it still seems bad. One hour and forty-eight minutes from the I-5 split in the north to the 110 south. Still, it was only 35 miles of traffic jam.
    just to stay on topic, I'm SURE the speakers were Control 1

Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    seems a good market

Many big cities in China seem to be a huge car park
    But the pic seem to be Russia?
    46 lover

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post334807

Totally.

No, I mean TOTALLY, dude. Dude from the OC.

If only I could have gotten those SAM1HF units in Alameda, then taken the 880 to the 101 to the 152 to the 5 South all the way through the Central Valley, then up through the Grapevine and Tejon Pass past Pyramid Lake and Great America in Santa Clarita down to the 405 through (God help Me) the Valley past the Northridge/Balboa exit to JBL/Harman, the Sepulveda Pass past the 101 and the 10 and the Westside past Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, and the 105 and LAX, I would have been copasetic to the 110 south to San Pedro (Pee-dro) to Gaffey and 5th St to the Bandini tunnel and San Pedro Canyon...

But NO! No SAM1HF deliveries for you!!! Sorry man! It's harshing my buzz...

You'll need to UPS or FedEx it.

But hey, I got 33.0 MPG. And I listened to Clazziquai on the K2s when I got home.
    Out.

What is 405?
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    What is 405?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interst...5_(California)

It's the freeway that Huikyong takes every day to work, and the one I try to avoid whenever possible. Most places it's 10 lanes wide (including carpool lanes), and in some places it's 14 lanes wide. It takes her 1 hour and 30 minutes to drive the 17 miles home from work in the afternoon. So she's averaging 25.5 miles per hour.

Her car has Infinity speakers in it, so she can't even enjoy JBLs on her commute.
    Out.

Cool

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post334807

Totally.

No, I mean TOTALLY, dude. Dude from the OC.

If only I could have gotten those SAM1HF units in Alameda, then taken the 880 to the 101 to the 152 to the 5 South all the way through the Central Valley, then up through the Grapevine and Tejon Pass past Pyramid Lake and Great America in Santa Clarita down to the 405 through (God help Me) the Valley past the Northridge/Balboa exit to JBL/Harman, the Sepulveda Pass past the 101 and the 10 and the Westside past Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, and the 105 and LAX, I would have been copasetic to the 110 south to San Pedro (Pee-dro) to Gaffey and 5th St to the Bandini tunnel and San Pedro Canyon...

But NO! No SAM1HF deliveries for you!!! Sorry man! It's harshing my buzz...

You'll need to UPS or FedEx it.

But hey, I got 33.0 MPG. And I listened to Clazziquai on the K2s when I got home.
    Except there is no "The 880". That's a SC thing, and 880 ain't down there. Northern California has been calling it "880" since it was built, well those that don't still call it "17". Likewise 101, 153 and 5 South, and North. 280, 380 580, 680, even 80, no "The" needed, and I've been down it all, never heard anyone add "The". Gotta learn the lingo dude, when in...

All that unnecessary "The" this and "The" that grates on the ears, like hearing someone saying "The El Camino". Really? The The Highway?
    It sort of reminds me of being in New Jersey for some reason, you think that's where it came from?

Funny though, Great America is in Santa _Clara_ up here. Must be the bigger version?

My wife drives 101 everyday, 15 miles round trip, her car turned a year old this month, but it hasn't needed any gas yet. Still has the dealer gas in it... And Boze speakers, not that they sound bad, at least not till you really crank 'em.
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

Cool What I Believe

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    example
    Is that 4312's are designed to be used _horizontally_, not vertically on some over priced stand.

Do you know if the pair is mirrored?
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interst...5_(California)

It's the freeway that Huikyong takes every day to work, and the one I try to avoid whenever possible. Most places it's 10 lanes wide (including carpool lanes), and in some places it's 14 lanes wide. It takes her 1 hour and 30 minutes to drive the 17 miles home from work in the afternoon. So she's averaging 25.5 miles per hour.

Her car has Infinity speakers in it, so she can't even enjoy JBLs on her commute.
    Ooop,405 is so famous in the U.S
    What car has Infinity speakers?GM has Bose speakers in it.
    46 lover

Martin

The Stereo Sound Grand Prix selections are far from definitive. It's more of a showcase than a comprehensive evaluation of all comparable products. It's meant to generate buzz in the Stereo Sound community, create discussion, and award prizes. In any given year, some of the better products are not even in the running due to lack of availability, lack of time, lack of comparable listening environments, lack of interest. It's more of a "this is the best of what we were able to get to this year."

I find it interesting, but not authoritative. I'm sure it does not represent the opinion of all the Japanese hi-fi enthusiasts.[/QUOTE]
    The Stereo Sound Grand Prix is just a reference, i think it is relatively reasonable than others hifi reviews
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    Is that 4312's are designed to be used _horizontally_, not vertically on some over priced stand.

Do you know if the pair is mirrored?
    You can lay your 4312s horizontally or vertically,whatever if you like,no problem at all, it must be mirrored
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    Except there is no "The 880". That's a SC thing, and 880 ain't down there. Northern California has been calling it "880" since it was built, well those that don't still call it "17". Likewise 101, 153 and 5 South, and North. 280, 380 580, 680, even 80, no "The" needed, and I've been down it all, never heard anyone add "The". Gotta learn the lingo dude, when in...

All that unnecessary "The" this and "The" that grates on the ears, like hearing someone saying "The El Camino". Really? The The Highway?
    It sort of reminds me of being in New Jersey for some reason, you think that's where it came from?

Funny though, Great America is in Santa _Clara_ up here. Must be the bigger version?

My wife drives 101 everyday, 15 miles round trip, her car turned a year old this month, but it hasn't needed any gas yet. Still has the dealer gas in it... And Boze speakers, not that they sound bad, at least not till you really crank 'em.
    Yep, that' some funny stuff; however, there was no "The" used as a proper noun marker, only "the" as a definite article used as an uninflected stem for a specifying effect. There's only one 880 in all the US since the decommissioning of an 880 around Sacramento in the early 1980s, so yours is the 880.

Now take I-275: there's one in Florida, one in Tennessee, one in Kentucky-Indiana-Ohio, one in NW Ohio, and a fifth one in SW Michigan. No matter which one you're on, you're on "a" 275 until you specify which one: the Toledo 275, for example.

The use of definite and indefinite articles is part of my American English lingo, bro. I use it all across this great land.

Here, just for you:

If only I could have gotten SAM1HF units in Alameda, then taken 880 to 101 to 152 to 5 South all way through Central Valley, then up through Grapevine and Tejon Pass past Pyramid Lake and Great America in Santa Clarita down to 405 through (God help Me) Valley past Northridge/Balboa exit to JBL/Harman, Sepulveda Pass past 101 and 10 and Westside past Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, and 105 and LAX, I would have been copasetic to 110 south to San Pedro (Pee-dro) to Gaffey and 5th St to Bandini tunnel and San Pedro Canyon...

Better?
    Out.

Thread Information