Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: why does JBL 4365 only rank 10th in Japanese eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post

Better?

being from Chicago, I still find the NorCal SoCal hatefest quite amusing as both subcultures can be supremely annoying, here's the other side of the "whaddaYeh doin' here Stu'art!!" coin, adroitly captured by Southpark genius
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Quote Originally Posted by qcieri View Post
    Hello everyone! For your information, the Italian Hi-Fi Magazine Audio Review has just published, in the May 2012 issue, a complete technical and listening test of the JBL 4365 (9 pages). We, as Italian distributor of JBL consumer products, sent them the pair of speakers for the test.

You can see on the Audio Review website the preview of the magazine; unfortunately it is at low-resolution...
    We will be allowed to distribute freely the complete PDF of the test only after at least two month from the publication. In the meanwhile I put here two graphs (I know the Director of Audio Review allows me to do so).

Attachment 55953

The upper graph is of course the frequency response in listening room (pink noise, 2,83 Vin); the lower graph is the frequency response in anechoic environment (always 2,83 Vin). The upper curve is measured on axis and shows also the L-Pads level variations; the center and lower curves are measured at 30 and 45 degrees respectively.

In the past months/years Audio Review tested also JBL Everest, K2-S9800, 4312MII, 4319, ES80, LS80 and Studio 580. For all of them the embargo period has finished, so I can publish the tests if anyone is interested...
    Hello Qcieri

I think that it would be nice if You can put mentioned PDF-s of JBL 4365, K2-S9800,....testing data.

Regards
    Ivica

Tests of Italian magazine "Audio Review".

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hello Qcieri

I think that it would be nice if You can put mentioned PDF-s of JBL 4365, K2-S9800,....testing data.

Regards
    Ivica
    Hi Ivica, you can download the test of DD66000 Everest, K2-S9800 and 4365 from these links:

DD66000 Everest
    K2-S9800

As said we, as official distributors for Italy, were authorized to do so by Audio Review magazine.

Hi Ivica, you can download the test of DD66000 Everest, K2-S9800 and 4365 from these links:

DD66000 Everest
    K2-S9800

As said we, as official distributors for Italy, were authorized to do so by Audio Review magazine.
    Hi Qcieri,

Many thanks for the excitable measurements You have given us with the instructive comments comprehended. Especially, I want to mention IM (inter-modulation) distortion that are not usually presented in the most of the other test data (even not in "GT-white papers").

Many thanks,
    Regards Ivica

Very interesting thread!
    Today a stylish wooden cabinet with chrome plated accessories is more important than the natural sound. Lifestyle is the big topic...
    But the 2nd biggest Sonus Faber "unfortunately" sounds really good... They went back to the old-fashioned Scan Speak drivers I also regard very much and use at home beside the JBL units. Nearly all worldwide well known high-end speaker companies produce their speakers in China.
    Iīve seen EVERYTHING! Itīs important to keep the R&D, the heart of a speaker company, in the country where it was founded.
    Otherwise we speaker guys will be unemployed very soon or have to do painstaking freelancer jobs across Asia...

BR

Andreas

Btw:

Is any research documentation available about the acoustic pros and cons of the bi-radial horns and the older radial horns?
    I really have problems with the broad on-axis dip of the radial horns... Linear efficiency or balanced acoustic power is something different.

Quote Originally Posted by old-fashioned View Post
    Btw:

Is any research documentation available about the acoustic pros and cons of the bi-radial horns and the older radial horns?
    I really have problems with the broad on-axis dip of the radial horns... Linear efficiency or balanced acoustic power is something different.
    Hi Old-fashioned,

For the beginning a lot of mentioned 'on-axis dip' can be find on Mr.Keele web site

http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/papers.htm

http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/...Mouth Size.pdf

http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/... Exp Horns.pdf

Regards
    Ivica

Thanks!
    Iīll have a look.

Why does JBL 4365 only rank 10th in Japanese eyes?

Because they have slanted eyes!
    Hey, relax...I'm Japanese so I'm allowed to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Because they have slanted eyes!
    Hey, relax...I'm Japanese so I'm allowed to say that.
    Not exactly,Japanese love JBL so much,but now Stereo Sound only rank them by the price list
    46 lover

DD66000 Everest
    K2-S9800

For us who does not speak italian, what is the conclusion of the 4365 review?

why does JBL 4365 only rank 10th in Japanese eyes?

Gawd, are you guys still flogging that dolphin??

The whole point is that JBL 4-way monitors are popular to a limited but devoted group of fans -
    they are not going to be huge sellers but should have solid sales over a long period of time.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    For us who does not speak italian, what is the conclusion of the 4365 review?
    Hi,

Sometime Google-translation can help, but looking at the figures from the presented data I can conclude:

- total harmonic distortion under about 100dB SPL is almost less then 1%, or around 1kHz even about 0.2%
    - Inter-modulation distortion of about 5% is under 110dB SPL around 8kHz-octave
    - Horn horizontal dispersion (as seen on the attached figure) , as I can understand the data, fluctuates from 4kHz to 14kHz ( about +/-30deg off-axis within +/-6dB region)
    - vertical dispersion is very good +/-30deg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This "ultra wide" dispersion in the 3khz-10khz range, with the off-axis curves actually *above* the on-axis one, is also what I get with my H9800 clones (here with a 2435 driver)

Name:  H9800 2435H horizontal.png
Views: 2991
Size:  15.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    This "ultra wide" dispersion in the 3khz-10khz range, with the off-axis curves actually *above* the on-axis one, is also what I get with my H9800 clones (here with a 2435 driver) Name:  H9800 2435H horizontal.png
Views: 2991
Size:  15.8 KB
    Hi Pos,
    Much better understanding of the off-axis response can be get if the responses are presented 'normalized' to 0-off-axis angle ( by subtraction in dB scale 0-off-axis angle response).
    As an example Figures after 'normalization', and without any equalization and normalization. From the fist figure it can be concluded that almost +/-15deg off-axis angle can be get up to 20kHz (with the deviations less then +/-3dB), or +/-22degs up to 14kHz can be expected with +2/-6dB deviation , if (theoretically) on-axis response is 'ideally' equalized, while looking only the second figure such conclusion would be difficult to reach

Regards Ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information