Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
On this site ??? I find that a curious generalisation not having noticed a Pass or Threshold slam fest going on.

My 2 cents is this , having dealt with Threshold in the past and met Nelson on a few occasions I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending his products. That refers to sound quality , reliability , build quality , backup , the whole nine yards.

M
I had stated I didn't want to continue to hijack the thread in post #176. And at any rate, Threshold was never in question. It fits the price range and visual aesthetic that's acceptable on the site.

Perhaps you missed posts #174 & #176 where I stated I thought Pass gear was fine stuff. That's why I bought it. The problems arose when I mentioned I had bought it, and was roundly mocked for having bought it. I have the greatest respect for all the folks at Pass labs and their gear. I can't seem to muster the same respect for the posters on this site who were never able to see past the billet aluminum faceplates and blue LEDs. Neither of which has a whit to do with sound quality , reliability , build quality , backup , the whole nine yards. But that's what they decided was unworthy about the gear. I would have to say I didn't really appreciate their POV, but it was their POV so not much I can do there, to each his own.

Once again I'd prefer, greatly, to drop the entire hijack of this thread I started, if at all possible.